planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Vettel Luckiest Driver?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:47 pm 

I can't believe the incredible luck this guy has had. His championship should have been over in Abu Dhabi after starting in the pit lane but miraculous timing of safety cars and people letting him through get him well into the points.

Then comes Brazil, 2nd corner. He causes an accident, despite various bumps to his car it works fine and even lets him set fastest lap. On top of this a good 10-15 all miracously manage to avoid his car parked in the middle of the track. Thirdly it doesn't even get looked into but Hulkenberg more or less does the same thing and instant drive through.

Then that pass on Kobayashi which some are saying was under yellow flags and some are saying it was orange.

Alonso deserved this champion, if it weren't for that idiot French driver whose name I shall not mention Alonso would have been world champion today.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:48 pm 

Someones butt hurt.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:50 pm 

Yep it's luck.

Get involved in a first corner incident, relegated to last place, damaged car, broken radio, a mistaken extra stop and yet still manages to win the championship with Alonso being second. It's the luck man.

Are you all there mentally?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:52 pm 

If we're playing the "lost points" game that all of you seem to love, please remember Alonso's inherited win at Valencia

Please, stop starting threads like these. Alonso might have been the best driver over the season, but the person who wins the championship always deserves it, except in the most extraordinary circumstances; i.e. someone dying, getting injured or pulling out of a race. The WDC isn't just up to the driver, it reflects on the team as well, and it goes without saying that Red Bull developed a better car than Ferrari this year.

Tessio wrote:
I can't believe the incredible luck this guy has had. His championship should have been over in Abu Dhabi after starting in the pit lane but miraculous timing of safety cars and people letting him through get him well into the points.

Then comes Brazil, 2nd corner. He causes an accident, despite various bumps to his car it works fine and even lets him set fastest lap. On top of this a good 10-15 all miracously manage to avoid his car parked in the middle of the track. Thirdly it doesn't even get looked into but Hulkenberg more or less does the same thing and instant drive through.

Then that pass on Kobayashi which some are saying was under yellow flags and some are saying it was orange.

Alonso deserved this champion, if it weren't for that idiot French driver whose name I shall not mention Alonso would have been world champion today.

Ah shut up ya sore loser. Suck it up. CONGRATS VETTEL 2012 WORLD CHAMPION!!!!!! And verry deservedly so!!!

In a season of 20 races, I believe good luck and bad luck even out.

And if doesn't even out then. Then it will even out over another year, and another, until it becomes even.

To say Vettel was just lucky, is unfair, and isn't looking at the season as a whole.

Forza Alonso

Fishy wrote:
Yep it's luck.

Get involved in a first corner incident, relegated to last place, damaged car, broken radio, a mistaken extra stop and yet still manages to win the championship with Alonso being second. It's the luck man.

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:53 pm 

Fishy wrote:
If we're playing the "lost points" game that all of you seem to love, please remember Alonso's inherited win at Valencia

Really and how about Alonso being rammed off the track two races in a row. Lost at least 35 points.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:54 pm 

Yes, it was luck today, and to some degree in Abu Dhabi.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:55 pm 

Fishy wrote:
Yep it's luck.

Not to mention Vettel's car breaking on him in Valencia.
Or the team screwing him over with the fuel in Abu Dhabi qualifying.
Or Vettel having a team-mate who is actually allowed to race him.

I've been a Vettel critic for years but the time comes along when you have to say 'I give up'. That time has come. Vettel is the best driver in F1 now.

It's true Vettel was very lucky to get away with that incident with Senna with not even having to pit, other times it just needs the slightest of touches to cause a puncture and you're out of the race..

But that's how it goes sometimes, no point in crying over luck. Congratulations to Vettel and RB and think about 2013. Ferrari should concentrate on getting a better car and they would not have to be looking at good or bad luck. It's been an uphill struggle for them all season, I'm actually amazed they lost the WDC on the last race and by 3 measly points. I know some people will never give him credit, but Alonso has been impressive this year.

2011 Silverstone 1st
2012 Spa 1st
2012 Interlagos 3rd

Last edited by Lotus38 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tessio wrote:
Fishy wrote:

Really and how about Alonso being rammed off the track two races in a row. Lost at least 35 points.

Vettel stopped his car in Monza. You have no idea where Alonso would have ended up in those races. For all we know he could have ended up in 10th.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:59 pm 

Ferrari and Alonso fans seems to have hard time now. But don't worry there is always next year and after that there is another year of failing coming. Don't worry..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:59 pm 

while he is lucky, he also lost many points due to BAD luck ( same as Alonso ). So it balances out. Only bad luck driver in the grid without any lucky is Hamilton. Kimi had no luck or bad luck.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:01 pm 

Really? What about Valencia? What about Monza? The only person lucky is Alonso. Hulkenberg and Hamilton crashed ahead of him, he was fourth and regardless of what happened to Vettel, Alonso would be the loser, which he is now.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:01 pm 

I tought that was Fred

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:04 pm 

Vettel is the luckiest driver I have ever seen when it comes to the final races and when it comes to decide championships.
Everything goes his way.
Deja Vu of 2010.

Quark wrote:
Really? What about Valencia? What about Monza? The only person lucky is Alonso. Hulkenberg and Hamilton crashed ahead of him, he was fourth and regardless of what happened to Vettel, Alonso would be the loser, which he is now.

I'm talking incidents directly involving either Alonso or Vettel not other cars which may have played some secondary benefits.

A fan who just don't understand the meaning of loses, showing how u loves a certain driver more than u love the sport. Silly.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:05 pm 

Tessio wrote:

Hmmmm???
It was unlucky for him that it rained,
First lap crash wasn't very lucky
The fact that his radio stopped working wasn't very lucky
The fact that he had about 10 sec longer because the team didn't have the tires, that wasn't lucky
Hamilton and Hulkenberg wasn't very lucky

and if you a referring to Abu Dhabi

The fact that he started in the pit lane wasn't very lucky

In fact all of the above was luck in Alonso's favor

I conclude that Alonso is the luckiest driver.

Don't be a sore loser the guy won the championship fair and square, he was the best throughout the year.......

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:06 pm 

Ja'a wrote:
A fan who just don't understand the meaning of loses, showing how u loves a certain driver more than u love the sport. Silly.

I've been following Ferrari since 1995. I don't care much for the drivers for me its the team Ferrari that matters. I'm proud we got 2nd today in the constructors just a shame to be fluked out of another driver's title.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:12 pm 

Is it not lucky for Alonso to gain 2 places by Ham-Hul incident? Is it not people letting Alonso through when he's behind Massa who gives him way? And that's only to mention this race.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:13 pm 

Strangely, Alonso had no chance today with the podium locked by the McLaren's and Hulkenberg yet he finished second. Surely luck had nothing to do with that. But when it came to Vettel finishing on the podium from last it was all about luck.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:14 pm 

Yes, i mean every drivers/person who wins something is lucky and doesn't deserve it. right?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:16 pm 

gregwil wrote:
Tessio wrote:

Hmmmm???
It was unlucky for him that it rained,
First lap crash wasn't very lucky
The fact that his radio stopped working wasn't very lucky
The fact that he had about 10 sec longer because the team didn't have the tires, that wasn't lucky
Hamilton and Hulkenberg wasn't very lucky

and if you a referring to Abu Dhabi

The fact that he started in the pit lane wasn't very lucky

In fact all of the above was luck in Alonso's favor

I conclude that Alonso is the luckiest driver.

Don't be a sore loser the guy won the championship fair and square, he was the best throughout the year.......

Thank you.

Don't forget about Ferrari's Safety Car on demand program.

This is why I tire of Alonso's fans. If they can't see the performance Vettel put in today to win the WDC then there is nothing to discuss. Alonso couldn't have wished for more luck today, yet couldn't close the deal.

Last edited by Consolidated on Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:17 pm 

Fishy wrote:

the failing alternator was a part of the car, made by RapeBull Renault

Romain Grosjean wasn't a failing part of Alonso's car, not made by Ferrari neither

do you get what I mean? :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:20 pm 

I know its all good now that Vettel won the title but what the heck was Mark doing at the start?

Squeezing vettel and compromising the start... mark shud learn a few tips from Massa on how to help title contender teammates

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:22 pm 

ashyxt wrote:
Fishy wrote:

the failing alternator was a part of the car, made by RapeBull Renault

Romain Grosjean wasn't a failing part of Alonso's car, not made by Ferrari neither

do you get what I mean? :)

But many people consider Vettel lucky because of his car or Newey. So which one is it, is Vettel lucky to have such a great car or was he unlucky to have such a failing car?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:24 pm 

He is lucky over the whole season.

Alonso didn't have the fastest car at any track in the dry, yet he lost by 3 points...what does that say about Vettel compared to Alonso?

If Alonso had that Red Bull, he would have taken him to the cleaners! Plain and simple, anyone that denies it can't call themselves an F1 fan. Hamilton and Alonso are the two best drivers in F1, possibly Alonso edging ahead.

Vettel is in the same category as Button, a good driver. But Vettel is undoubtedly the least deserving triple world champion ever. If he was driving for Ferrari this year, he would have had half the points Alonso has.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:26 pm 

Woop, I called this one!

Quote:
Confirmed, by Ferrari (Pat Fry), that they were not yellows, but yellow/red flags, informing of a slippery track.

Okay, bets are on, what's the next excuse for Alonso fans to clutch into? Same old "Vettel was lucky" -story?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:26 pm 

Tessio wrote:
Ja'a wrote:

I've been following Ferrari since 1995. I don't care much for the drivers for me its the team Ferrari that matters. I'm proud we got 2nd today in the constructors just a shame to be fluked out of another driver's title.

I agree with your first point. I cheer for the drivers that race for Ferrari because they race for Ferrari. Most drivers seem like unpleasant individuals to me anyway. The constructor's title would have been a nice consolation, shame Massa couldn't race like this earlier in the season.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:27 pm 

Crotalus wrote:

Alonso didn't have the fastest car at any track in the dry, yet he lost by 3 points...what does that say about Vettel compared to Alonso?

If Alonso had that Red Bull, he would have taken him to the cleaners! Plain and simple, anyone that denies it can't call themselves an F1 fan. Hamilton and Alonso are the two best drivers in F1, possibly Alonso edging ahead.

Vettel is in the same category as Button, a good driver. But Vettel is undoubtedly the least deserving triple world champion ever. If he was driving for Ferrari this year, he would have had half the points Alonso has.

Sorry bud but the 3 time WDC is certainly AT LEAST on the level of Hamilton and Alonso if not above.

Find it funny that a whiner like you is calling people not true F1 fans... :thumbdown:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:28 pm 

Crotalus wrote:

Cry a bit more.

If Alonso had the RB8 , he would also have needed Massa to get him to anywhere near the title challenge. My reckoning is he d finish 4 th in the title race

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:29 pm 

Luckiest? No. The best. He. Did. It.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:30 pm 

Crotalus wrote:

Oh get over yourself!!!

Vettel is the best driver in the sport at the moment and would have won the WDC in the Ferrari or the McLaren this year

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:31 pm 

If you call having Adrian Newey design the racing cars you drive then maybe..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:32 pm 

XRV750 wrote:
Tessio wrote:

Ah shut up ya sore loser. Suck it up. CONGRATS VETTEL 2012 WORLD CHAMPION!!!!!! And verry deservedly so!!!

:lol: :lol: To the point! Vettel, World champion, TRIPLE world champion, AWESOME, read it and weep!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:34 pm 

Vettel TRIPLE world champion!!! @Tessio cry baby cry...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:35 pm 

Crotalus wrote:

Alonso got two fast teammates in his career and got his donkey handed to him (one of them a rookie).

In equal cars, Vettel would beat Alonso. Alonso always struggles against fast teammates...