planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:38 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

Post subject: F1 season 2013
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:23 pm 

Right, the season is over. we all have our opinions with regards as to who should have won the tittle and why Vettel shouldn't have. I would like to have seen Alonso win it but its done now and we had 3 great last races. Now to look forward to 2013. Is it early to predict??

NEVER :lol:

I don't know why but I really think Mercedes are really going to go for it next year, I think they started the car development very early and got a great kick up the backside when they realized they have gotten Lewis driving next year. I don't think Ferrari are going to pick it up again, they will be there but not at the front again. Mclaren and Redbull (sorry) Infiniti redbull will be the front runners again with Lotus sneaking in. But the surprise package will be Merc.

Jenson will be top driver at Mclaren with Perez still learning the trade, expect a lot of mistakes from him next year. I really really want Williams to come back to the front again, team like that should be fighting for the tittle.

Great shame to see HRT go, I hope that they find a buyer soon and they give the team some good financial stability.

Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: F1 season 2013
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:30 pm 

Location: Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
Not many crucial tech changes going into next year, and Ferrari aren't going to overcome the type of problem they have in one off season. I'm expecting Vettel to beat Button and Alonso to the WDC, Red Bull to walk the WCC, and McLaren to wonder what might have been if they had a driver who could qualify. Merc have far too much ground to make up under such stable regs.

That's my take anyway. Hope I'm wrong.

Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

-Epicurus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:33 pm 

I'm already counting down the days until 2013- hope it can be as good as 2012.

Hope Lotus and Ferrari can produce good cars next season. Would like to see 9 winners next year! Any chance?

Unfortunatley, i think it will be another title for Mr Vettel.

Keep Fighting Michael

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:34 pm 

I'm expecting the McLaren to be the fastest car, with Jenson trumping Sergio,
Red Bull will be fast, but not dominant.
Lotus will be competing with Ferrari for 3rd fastest car.
Merc will focus the entire season on 2014 development.
Williams will continue development, getting them on par with Sauber.
Force India will go backwards, losing out to Williams and Sauber.
Caterham will score it's first point.
There will still be a 3-contructor race at the back of the grid despite HRT's departure; Torro Rosso will get slower as Caterham and Marussia get faster.

Jenson for 2013 WDC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:38 pm 

BrazilLastCorner2008 wrote:
I'm already counting down the days until 2013- hope it can be as good as 2012.

I hear ya.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:06 pm 

I think Ferrari have the strongest line up but the Newey magic is worth more so Red Bull and espciall Vettel will be right up there. Button may have a chance now the pressure of Hamilton is gone but it depends on the car and dont rule out Perez, once he gets going he may be a genuine contender for wins. Lotus and Merc could be up there but could just as easily not. Biggest disapointment I think will be Sauber now Perez, Kobayashi, Sauber and Key have gone. Toro Rosso have a recognised good designer so they might be on the up.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:02 pm 

gelliott1978 wrote:
I don't know why but I really think Mercedes are really going to go for it next year, I think they started the car development very early and got a great kick up the backside when they realized they have gotten Lewis driving next year.

I'm really hoping that Lewis can claim wins 22, 23 and 24 that were denied to him by McLaren last year. Can Mercedes expect 3+ wins next year? However, I'll consider 2013 a warm-up year for 2014 when Hamilton will push for the WDC.

gelliott1978 wrote:
I don't think Ferrari are going to pick it up again, they will be there but not at the front again. Mclaren and Redbull (sorry) Infiniti redbull will be the front runners again with Lotus sneaking in. But the surprise package will be Merc.

Alonso is the best driver in F1 until proven otherwise. I will never write him off as a threat.

gelliott1978 wrote:
Jenson will be top driver at Mclaren with Perez still learning the trade, expect a lot of mistakes from him next year. I really really want Williams to come back to the front again, team like that should be fighting for the tittle.

I have a feeling that Perez will undermine Jenson as a teammate and fight like Barrichello did during his Brawn stint. Otherwise, I see him colliding with Button's car or will consistently out-qualifying him and push for podiums.

Perez will be the dark horse of 2013 until Hamilton sorts Mercedes out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:50 pm 

TakumaSatoforthewin wrote:
I think Ferrari have the strongest line up but the Newey magic is worth more so Red Bull and espciall Vettel will be right up there. Button may have a chance now the pressure of Hamilton is gone but it depends on the car and dont rule out Perez, once he gets going he may be a genuine contender for wins. Lotus and Merc could be up there but could just as easily not. Biggest disapointment I think will be Sauber now Perez, Kobayashi, Sauber and Key have gone. Toro Rosso have a recognised good designer so they might be on the up.

I think that the Hulk will be a surprise next year, with the Saubers pace I reckon he could be a surprise.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:09 pm 

If the year is completely standard in terms of weather conditions, reliability etc, then the running order should be something like this:

1: Red Bull as Favourites. Nothing really to argue with here.

2: Mclaren behind them. The car is very good and i think this years car already fits within the 2013 regulations. They will have a very good baseline to start next year with.

3: Now it sort of gets tricky, as you have driver line-up/car pace to contend with rather than "they do well every year currently".
But you'd really have to say Ferrari are next down the line. Massa is resurgent, Alonso is still driving extremely well. They can fight for the top 3 at every grand prix even if they qualify further back. They also have a good baseline for 2013 and some motivation to finally beat Red Bull.

4: Lotus after. Raikkonen is great, and the car is very solid too. They didn't falter mid-season like they did 2011, and followed a solid development baseline. They can do well next year. Grosjean will hopefully be in the car beside him and show more of his early season qualifying strength.

5: Mercedes is up in the air/a wild card for the whole championship. I feel like both Rosberg and Hamilton will put in some inspired performances, but the car won't be as good as the 4 teams ahead of them. If the car likes the 2013 tyres better though, Hamilton's style might throw it further up the grid. Its really a roll of the dice to see where these guys end up because there isn't much form to go on and we don't really know what they have been up to for next season. Ross says they want to fight for the championship, Hamilton seems a little less pessimistic and is aiming for 2014. I'm picking the latter option myself.

6: Williams sits around here. I see them being faster than Force India and Sauber, with a predictably good lineup of Maldonado/Bottas. The car suited tracks with a higher temperature much better, and if they continue develop well they can be a wild card for victories/podiums.

7: Force India after, as their end of season development has looked good, with the regulations suiting them for 2013. Hopefully Di Resta rethinks how he has to look for a big seat at the front and puts in some fired up performances. I'd like to see Alguersuari alongside him as he was showing good performances at the end of 2011.

8: Then we go onto Sauber, who lost James Key. But really, i don't think it will affect them much. The driver lineup is good, the car is solid, but they have been pretty much mute at the end of the season, in qualifying and race. Not like the Sauber we saw at Malaysia, Japan, Monza etc.

9: Torro Rosso will probably sit behind the Saubers, but they have been looking slightly better at the end of the year. I don't see how James Key is going to be the Key to unlock Torro Rosso from the back of the midfield stable. Just seems like hype. I feel like both drivers will be on a charge though to show the bosses at the big brother team they can be an able replacement for Webber in 2014. Unless Webber decides to stick around, which would be nice as he's a good character around the paddock, plus a very good driver.

10: Marussia will be faster than Caterham, with a Williams KERS unit inside that hull adding a couple of tenths. Even though they got robbed of 10 million quid by Vitaly Petrov, Max Chilton will bring AON sponsorship alongside him and will be an expected signing. This will add a fair bit of cash to the team, as well as a good driver. I think they have the money and development to finally get within the midfield and get at least a point. Well, i hope.

11: Caterham, where ironically Vitaly Petrov might have saved Kovalainen's bacon by getting them 10th in the constructors championship. I feel the line-up will be Kovalainen/Van Der Garde, and they'll be just a bit behind Marussia. They also moved into a new facility in around August(?) time, where 2013 development was probably the focus. Hopefully they get at least a point also.

12: HRT, well. Unless someone like Stefanovic buys you out, puts Petrov in one seat, and Dani Clos in the other, you're pretty much boned. I don't expect them to be there, but this is what they will have if they get in by some investment. It might look actually promising from 2014 onwards though if this happens.

Thats my view on how it'll end up, midfield was really the hardest to predict. The front 4 (with the 5th wild card) will mainly be placed based on how they work with the 2013 tyres, but i feel it will be similar to what i predicted. I could be completely wrong though and Merc could take both championships!

I have a band.