planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:15 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:28 pm 

Kimi has made some great moves this year without DRS assistance. In particular, his on-track battles with Schumi at Spa, Hockenheim and Sao Paolo showed that great drivers can race hard wheel to wheel without either of them coming a cropper.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:42 pm 

froze wrote:
It's funny how some people said prior in the season that Kimi lacks that killer instinct when it comes to overtaking. Unless of course they meant it literally.

I don't think he's as good an overtaker as someone like Hamilton. But he's almost as good and has a lot less incidents in wheel to wheel combat.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:44 pm 

We were both yelling and shouting during that overtake and just couldn't believe our eyes! Thanks for posting the pictures and video!

Same thing when he made the pass at Eau Rouge in Spa, at COTA Turn 13 (I think?) on Button, and at COTA Turn 1 on Hulkenburg.

Kimi is simply brilliant in his driving.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:50 pm 

racer_nobu wrote:
We were both yelling and shouting during that overtake and just couldn't believe our eyes! Thanks for posting the pictures and video!

Same thing when he made the pass at Eau Rouge in Spa, at COTA Turn 13 (I think?) on Button, and at COTA Turn 1 on Hulkenburg.

Kimi is simply brilliant in his racing.

Magnificent in wheel to wheel situations. It's a joy to see him alongside Schu because Schu's so ruthless, and Kimi remains ice cool. Brilliant stuff.

Forza Jules!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:37 pm 

Eva09 wrote:
froze wrote:
It's funny how some people said prior in the season that Kimi lacks that killer instinct when it comes to overtaking. Unless of course they meant it literally.

I don't think he's as good an overtaker as someone like Hamilton. But he's almost as good and has a lot less incidents in wheel to wheel combat.

I think the difference is that Kimi knows when he can likely make the move stick and when he likely can't while Hamilton attempts even if the odds are not that good. A matter of calculation I guess. Obviously both have very good awareness and reactions.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:58 am 

Eva09 wrote:
froze wrote:

Hamilton has supreme straight speed under his wheel....its easy to make a pass

Kimi was driving a lotus when DRS is completely useless...he can only overtake on corners.

Lewis is not in kimi 's lvl in overtake

He crash more often when attemp an overtake.

Kimi outsmart his opponents without going into inside line (most ppl will do) and expect his opponent to yield. He often went for the outside and make it stick. Overtake from the outside require more skills and balls

Best overtaker by far.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:31 am 

NvrDieYoung wrote:
Eva09 wrote:
froze wrote:

Hamilton has supreme straight speed under his wheel....its easy to make a pass

Kimi was driving a lotus when DRS is completely useless...he can only overtake on corners.

Lewis is not in kimi 's lvl in overtake

He crash more often when attemp an overtake.

Kimi outsmart his opponents without going into inside line (most ppl will do) and expect his opponent to yield. He often went for the outside and make it stick. Overtake from the outside require more skills and balls

Best overtaker by far.

Hamilton is an overtaker the like of I have never seen before. He is even better than Schumacher (a very good overtaker who can overtake majestically not making a lot of fuss) and Raikkonen (who can overtake in a very repeatable way that is very perfect and not risky).