planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:06 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 8057
zaar wrote:
To be honest, I never really got the "national side" of F1 fans.

F1 is such a tiny fraction of drivers. Motorsports may be quite popular in Germany after Michael, but talent aside one needs so much more to able to acquire a F1 seat, that I for one don't see any logical conjunction between nationality and drivers championchips. What's needed more than the "right" nationality is the right team ;). I agree that Michaels success distorts the image somewhat.

I'm watching motorsport since the early 80s and still think that Stefan Bellof would have been the real deal.

Funnily my all time favourite driver (I'm german) is british. I still remember camping 1992 at Hockenheim. I wore my red five T-shirt the whole event (ugh ...). We spent the evenings with british fans camping beside us (I think, we had a drink or two ;)). Interestingly they were Ferrari fans o_O. Those were the days ... (sorry to say that, but there's way too much soccer like fan scene in F1 lately).

But ... um ... please stop mention the war :p


I also think Stefan Bellof would have been one of the all time greats. Shame


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:55 pm
Posts: 792
Location: Tampere, F1nland
All that is missing now is the Mercedes team winning championships again.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 8057
RaisinChips wrote:
All that is missing now is the Mercedes team winning championships again.


I was trying to recall who were the Merc 'Golden boys' along with MS?
Schumacher
Kreutzpointner
Frentzen

and?

and why Fritz Kreutzpointner did not make it in F1


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:55 pm
Posts: 792
Location: Tampere, F1nland
moby wrote:
RaisinChips wrote:
All that is missing now is the Mercedes team winning championships again.


I was trying to recall who were the Merc 'Golden boys' along with MS?
Schumacher
Kreutzpointner
Frentzen

and?

and why Fritz Kreutzpointner did not make it in F1


Karl Wendlinger?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:22 pm
Posts: 8057
RaisinChips wrote:
moby wrote:
RaisinChips wrote:
All that is missing now is the Mercedes team winning championships again.


I was trying to recall who were the Merc 'Golden boys' along with MS?
Schumacher
Kreutzpointner
Frentzen

and?

and why Fritz Kreutzpointner did not make it in F1


Karl Wendlinger?



Knew I missed someone out :]


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group