planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:30 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:53 am
Posts: 2406
Location: Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
AstoriaisBACK wrote:
8O Look the reality is the video where the green flag is waiving is funny because the yellow caution is right on our screens, it shows lap how many laps in the race and there is a yellow caution. That is run by the FIA, race stewards is a computer aided system and controls all the automated signs on the course. A marshall showing a green flag ON THE PIT EXIT not on the racing line is one of the most reaching explanations. Red Bull and SB deserved a penalty. Plus is that marshall showing green flags fopr pit exit only?? that pit lane is open and available to exit on to the race track??

I can't believe the system allows for a marshal on/that close to the circuit waving a green flag that only applies to the pitlane. Not when it's so clearly visible on, and seemingly applicable to, the circuit. That seems hugely dangerous and confusing.

_________________
I went skating on your name,
And by tracing it twice,
I fell through the ice,
of Alice


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:54 pm
Posts: 182
Saorsa wrote:
-
Personally i think it was illegal, I know Vettel passed a marshalls post showing a green flag but the steering wheel dash clearly had the yellow lights on after passing the green flag marshall post so therefore he is still racing under yellow.



From an earlier post by a man in the know......

Quote:
As stated yesterday, traditional flags have priority over dashboard lights and trackside light boards. In effect the first flag or board passed denotes a yellow or green zone.

Unfortunately Ferrari is likely to emerge from this affair looking like a bad loser, a shame given that the team initially seemed to accept defeat with some dignity on Sunday afternoon…


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 3029
Saorsa wrote:
Also, has anyone seen an onboard of the pass from Vergne's car??

Would be interesting to see if his steering wheel also had the yellow lights on and whether he raised his hand thinking WTF were under yellow but then realized it was Vettel and decided not radio the team/FIA team about it.

If Vergne had told the team/FIA over the radio, the race stewards would quickly viewed it from Vettel's on board and seen the yellow dash lights on when Vettel made the pass. Then they would've given Vettel that penalty during the race.

Damn, read the thread. It doesn't matter what his dash lights show.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:52 am
Posts: 1191
egnat69 wrote:
Image
Ferrari. Logo - check
Brazil. Brazilian? - maybe.
Appeal. Mmm - check.
Uber..?

_________________
What did you say... Douglas?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:14 pm
Posts: 61
This is the difference between a reliable source and some sad twat who wants people to like his youtube page.

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/new ... um=twitter


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:54 am
Posts: 1021
AstoriaisBACK wrote:
No i am saying that the marshall was a pit lane marshall, I am not at the track but was at Monza, Austin and Korea all 3 had marshalls at the exit of pit lane that was right past the automated lights. I am suggessting that this marshall was not waiving a green light for the racing line (because those ALL showed YELLOW) but for the entrance onto the track from pit lane.

You say I am grasping, yet all the computer, FIA related evidence suppoprts a YELLOW flag, some marshall so out of the racing line waves GREEN, and I am reaching?? Look closely.

Fernando? Is this you?

Sorry - that one was obvious... so you are suggesting that F1 drivers, while fighting for and/or defending positions and going sthg between 200 and 300 kph should be able to differ between a green flag for the race track and a green flag for the pit exit, which uncomfortably happens to be at a position that can be seen from both positions... oh boy!

as for your other point which i recall as...
Quote:
the yellow caution is right on our screens, it shows lap how many laps in the race and there is a yellow caution

that would basically mean that - once the lap-insert on the tv-screens turns yellow - overtaking on any part of the track must not occur...

as you say - that sign is run by a computer, as are the flashing light indicators and the LEDs on the dash... however - as you should know as a spectator - MARSHALLS ARE NOT ... they wave their flags according to rules and if a marshall waves a green flag it is green - no matter what the tv-insert says...


Last edited by egnat69 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 3029
Bet the reason the dash lights were still on is that they are only triggered when a car passes a light board and not a flag. Race control knows 100% for sure what color a board is displaying as they have to tell it to display that. They cannot be 100% sure a human being is waving a flag and that it is the right color until they actually SEE it. Would make sense. Im too lazy to go back and look, was there a board near the flag station immediately following the NK pass?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:52 pm
Posts: 265
Location: Edinburgh
ashley313 wrote:
Saorsa wrote:
Also, has anyone seen an onboard of the pass from Vergne's car??

Would be interesting to see if his steering wheel also had the yellow lights on and whether he raised his hand thinking WTF were under yellow but then realized it was Vettel and decided not radio the team/FIA team about it.

If Vergne had told the team/FIA over the radio, the race stewards would quickly viewed it from Vettel's on board and seen the yellow dash lights on when Vettel made the pass. Then they would've given Vettel that penalty during the race.

Damn, read the thread. It doesn't matter what his dash lights show.


Just for some clarification?

Are dash lights on the steering wheel controlled by the stewards/race control??


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:25 pm
Posts: 151
Location: USA
Balibari wrote:
AstoriaisBACK wrote:
8O Look the reality is the video where the green flag is waiving is funny because the yellow caution is right on our screens, it shows lap how many laps in the race and there is a yellow caution. That is run by the FIA, race stewards is a computer aided system and controls all the automated signs on the course. A marshall showing a green flag ON THE PIT EXIT not on the racing line is one of the most reaching explanations. Red Bull and SB deserved a penalty. Plus is that marshall showing green flags fopr pit exit only?? that pit lane is open and available to exit on to the race track??

I can't believe the system allows for a marshal on/that close to the circuit waving a green flag that only applies to the pitlane. Not when it's so clearly visible on, and seemingly applicable to, the circuit. That seems hugely dangerous and confusing.


That makes sense and your response seems reasonable, that is my problem, I am just going on what I witnessed at the tracks I attended and it appears Brazil indeed has the same placement of a marshall on pit exit. I am suggessting that if a marshall flag takes precendent over a multi million dollar computer system with sensors and real time availability why do thay have compeuter aided systems in the cars, on the track? It seems to me human error is much more prevalent then computer error and this marshall could be wrong. whats to say he is correct when ALL other evidence clearly shows YELLOW flags in that area? I am suggessting he was wrong or he was a pit exit marshall if there actually is that type of marshall.

_________________
One.
The best song ever written....thanks Bono
I am the Number 1Tifosi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:51 pm
Posts: 6
My opinion as a Ferrari and an Alonso fan, if Vettel had been found guilty I'd have had him lose 2 points and still be champion, I wouldn't have liked to win like that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 3029
No they are controlled by the GPS Marshaling System. They are there to help only, they are not the standard. Think of this: If you are in a wet race and your on board dash light system fails the way say, YOUR RADIO might, it has a different consequence for you than the rest of the field. If a light board fails or a marshall shows the wrong flag, every car passing it sees the same thing, so the consequence is the same for everyone.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:09 pm
Posts: 3072
Wouldn't it be great if somebody pulled a clip of Alonso overtaking under yellows. We love the drama, it is close season :-)

_________________
http://www.racefan.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 3029
AstoriaisBACK wrote:
Balibari wrote:
AstoriaisBACK wrote:
8O Look the reality is the video where the green flag is waiving is funny because the yellow caution is right on our screens, it shows lap how many laps in the race and there is a yellow caution. That is run by the FIA, race stewards is a computer aided system and controls all the automated signs on the course. A marshall showing a green flag ON THE PIT EXIT not on the racing line is one of the most reaching explanations. Red Bull and SB deserved a penalty. Plus is that marshall showing green flags fopr pit exit only?? that pit lane is open and available to exit on to the race track??

I can't believe the system allows for a marshal on/that close to the circuit waving a green flag that only applies to the pitlane. Not when it's so clearly visible on, and seemingly applicable to, the circuit. That seems hugely dangerous and confusing.


That makes sense and your response seems reasonable, that is my problem, I am just going on what I witnessed at the tracks I attended and it appears Brazil indeed has the same placement of a marshall on pit exit. I am suggessting that if a marshall flag takes precendent over a multi million dollar computer system with sensors and real time availability why do thay have compeuter aided systems in the cars, on the track? It seems to me human error is much more prevalent then computer error and this marshall could be wrong. whats to say he is correct when ALL other evidence clearly shows YELLOW flags in that area? I am suggessting he was wrong or he was a pit exit marshall if there actually is that type of marshall.

It doesn't matter if the human being is right or wrong. Every driver sees the same thing, even if the marshal is waving the wrong flag, so it has the same consequence for everyone. Also, it is not unheard of to have a section of green track amidst many yellow areas. I've been on track and seen yellow, green, yellow, green, yellow at successive posts. Its annoying!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:09 pm
Posts: 3072
AstoriaisBACK wrote:
Balibari wrote:
AstoriaisBACK wrote:
8O Look the reality is the video where the green flag is waiving is funny because the yellow caution is right on our screens, it shows lap how many laps in the race and there is a yellow caution. That is run by the FIA, race stewards is a computer aided system and controls all the automated signs on the course. A marshall showing a green flag ON THE PIT EXIT not on the racing line is one of the most reaching explanations. Red Bull and SB deserved a penalty. Plus is that marshall showing green flags fopr pit exit only?? that pit lane is open and available to exit on to the race track??

I can't believe the system allows for a marshal on/that close to the circuit waving a green flag that only applies to the pitlane. Not when it's so clearly visible on, and seemingly applicable to, the circuit. That seems hugely dangerous and confusing.


That makes sense and your response seems reasonable, that is my problem, I am just going on what I witnessed at the tracks I attended and it appears Brazil indeed has the same placement of a marshall on pit exit. I am suggessting that if a marshall flag takes precendent over a multi million dollar computer system with sensors and real time availability why do thay have compeuter aided systems in the cars, on the track? It seems to me human error is much more prevalent then computer error and this marshall could be wrong. whats to say he is correct when ALL other evidence clearly shows YELLOW flags in that area? I am suggessting he was wrong or he was a pit exit marshall if there actually is that type of marshall.


We did fine with just Marshals for the 60 years of the sport before lights came out. In fact most tracks still predominately use flags. The lights only occur every 500m or so. So if you are clear of the "danger" zone but its 500m to next light flag and a marshal post is between the two, then use the Marshal post to get the race back on sooner.

Whether the Marshal was right or not is not important, the important thing is, Seb saw the flag and that is what made him make the overtake. Seb knows the rules, see green and race. Marshal post overrules dash reading. Vettel knows a lot more than us it seems.

Furthermore, the marshal was correct in showing green because the "danger zone" had been passed.

_________________
http://www.racefan.co.uk


Last edited by lamo on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:24 am
Posts: 73
Location: YOOOOOOOOORKSHIRE
ashley313 wrote:
No they are controlled by the GPS Marshaling System.


THIS! Would you like to see the screenshot from an FIA computer showing which section of the track was under yellow flags...

http://twitpic.com/bhg38g

DRAMA, YER BASTARDS!

edit: link fix!yer bastards

_________________
Live Forever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:54 am
Posts: 1021
AstoriaisBACK wrote:
It seems to me human error is much more prevalent then computer error and this marshall could be wrong.

neither the computer, nor the marshall is wrong... the reason for the yellow flag was in the corner before that post... so there is no danger anymore - that's why the marshall waived green... the computer says yellow, because the gps-loaded light-board has a fixed position further down the road - hence can't move towards the green-waiving marshall... however the race at that point was "green" and overtaking therefore allowed...

and as others pointed out - even if it shouldn't have been green and the marshall was at fault - every driver got the green flag signal and so no rule was broken...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:09 pm
Posts: 3072
Pickle267 wrote:
ashley313 wrote:
No they are controlled by the GPS Marshaling System.


THIS! Would you like to see the screenshot from an FIA computer showing which section of the track was under yellow flags...

http://twitpic.com/bhg38g

DRAMA, YER BASTARDS!

edit: link fix!yer bastards


There is no case.

Why did you overtake in yellow flag zone?
Because I was shown green flag [view video footage]

Case closed.

The FIA has provided the driver with conflicting information (dash and flag post) but importantly the rule state that flag post overalls dash reading.

_________________
http://www.racefan.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:25 pm
Posts: 151
Location: USA
ashley313 wrote:
AstoriaisBACK wrote:
Balibari wrote:
AstoriaisBACK wrote:
8O Look the reality is the video where the green flag is waiving is funny because the yellow caution is right on our screens, it shows lap how many laps in the race and there is a yellow caution. That is run by the FIA, race stewards is a computer aided system and controls all the automated signs on the course. A marshall showing a green flag ON THE PIT EXIT not on the racing line is one of the most reaching explanations. Red Bull and SB deserved a penalty. Plus is that marshall showing green flags fopr pit exit only?? that pit lane is open and available to exit on to the race track??

I can't believe the system allows for a marshal on/that close to the circuit waving a green flag that only applies to the pitlane. Not when it's so clearly visible on, and seemingly applicable to, the circuit. That seems hugely dangerous and confusing.


That makes sense and your response seems reasonable, that is my problem, I am just going on what I witnessed at the tracks I attended and it appears Brazil indeed has the same placement of a marshall on pit exit. I am suggessting that if a marshall flag takes precendent over a multi million dollar computer system with sensors and real time availability why do thay have compeuter aided systems in the cars, on the track? It seems to me human error is much more prevalent then computer error and this marshall could be wrong. whats to say he is correct when ALL other evidence clearly shows YELLOW flags in that area? I am suggessting he was wrong or he was a pit exit marshall if there actually is that type of marshall.

It doesn't matter if the human being is right or wrong. Every driver sees the same thing, even if the marshal is waving the wrong flag, so it has the same consequence for everyone. Also, it is not unheard of to have a section of green track amidst many yellow areas. I've been on track and seen yellow, green, yellow, green, yellow at successive posts. Its annoying!



I wwould agree it is annoying, but if it is the same for everyone then everyone who passed another in that area should be penalized. I agree 100% with that point. So if it doesnt matter if the marshall is right or wrong and that area of the track was YELLOW as all evedience other than this marshall suggessts then anyone passing in that area should be penalized. Thank you for helping me make that point and I agree with what you are saying.

_________________
One.
The best song ever written....thanks Bono
I am the Number 1Tifosi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:10 am
Posts: 584
Pickle267 wrote:
ashley313 wrote:
No they are controlled by the GPS Marshaling System.


THIS! Would you like to see the screenshot from an FIA computer showing which section of the track was under yellow flags...

http://twitpic.com/bhg38g

DRAMA, YER BASTARDS!

edit: link fix!yer bastards

What's so dramatic in that graphic?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:54 pm
Posts: 182
AstoriaisBACK wrote:
ashley313 wrote:
AstoriaisBACK wrote:
Balibari wrote:
AstoriaisBACK wrote:
8O Look the reality is the video where the green flag is waiving is funny because the yellow caution is right on our screens, it shows lap how many laps in the race and there is a yellow caution. That is run by the FIA, race stewards is a computer aided system and controls all the automated signs on the course. A marshall showing a green flag ON THE PIT EXIT not on the racing line is one of the most reaching explanations. Red Bull and SB deserved a penalty. Plus is that marshall showing green flags fopr pit exit only?? that pit lane is open and available to exit on to the race track??

I can't believe the system allows for a marshal on/that close to the circuit waving a green flag that only applies to the pitlane. Not when it's so clearly visible on, and seemingly applicable to, the circuit. That seems hugely dangerous and confusing.


That makes sense and your response seems reasonable, that is my problem, I am just going on what I witnessed at the tracks I attended and it appears Brazil indeed has the same placement of a marshall on pit exit. I am suggessting that if a marshall flag takes precendent over a multi million dollar computer system with sensors and real time availability why do thay have compeuter aided systems in the cars, on the track? It seems to me human error is much more prevalent then computer error and this marshall could be wrong. whats to say he is correct when ALL other evidence clearly shows YELLOW flags in that area? I am suggessting he was wrong or he was a pit exit marshall if there actually is that type of marshall.

It doesn't matter if the human being is right or wrong. Every driver sees the same thing, even if the marshal is waving the wrong flag, so it has the same consequence for everyone. Also, it is not unheard of to have a section of green track amidst many yellow areas. I've been on track and seen yellow, green, yellow, green, yellow at successive posts. Its annoying!



I wwould agree it is annoying, but if it is the same for everyone then everyone who passed another in that area should be penalized. I agree 100% with that point. So if it doesnt matter if the marshall is right or wrong and that area of the track was YELLOW as all evedience other than this marshall suggessts then anyone passing in that area should be penalized. Thank you for helping me make that point and I agree with what you are saying.



Are you being stubborn or are you really dense?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:09 pm
Posts: 3072
If Vettel lost the places, I can see Red Bull going through every drivers onboard for the entire race and finding other drivers doing the same somewhere on track and him being able to get the places back.

_________________
http://www.racefan.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:54 am
Posts: 1021
sandyf1 wrote:
Pickle267 wrote:
ashley313 wrote:
No they are controlled by the GPS Marshaling System.


THIS! Would you like to see the screenshot from an FIA computer showing which section of the track was under yellow flags...

http://twitpic.com/bhg38g

DRAMA, YER BASTARDS!

edit: link fix!yer bastards

What's so dramatic in that graphic?

the resolution... hurts my eyes every time i look at it...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:09 pm
Posts: 3072
[/quote]Are you being stubborn or are you really dense?[/quote]
He drinks from both cups it seems.

_________________
http://www.racefan.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:24 am
Posts: 73
Location: YOOOOOOOOORKSHIRE
lamo wrote:
Pickle267 wrote:
ashley313 wrote:
No they are controlled by the GPS Marshaling System.


THIS! Would you like to see the screenshot from an FIA computer showing which section of the track was under yellow flags...

http://twitpic.com/bhg38g

DRAMA, YER BASTARDS!

edit: link fix!yer bastards


There is no case.

Why did you overtake in yellow flag zone?
Because I was shown green flag [view video footage]

Case closed.

The FIA has provided the driver with conflicting information (dash and flag post) but importantly the rule state that flag post overalls dash reading.


I bet that marshal is brickin' it also surely saying there's no case for Hulkenberg's penalty because he lost control and "Didn't mean too" still a penalty, still his fault. Vettel may have misinterpreted the flags, he probably didn't mean to but he still went against the rules. To quote every bouncer in the world "That's the rules mate!".

_________________
Live Forever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 pm
Posts: 3936
Location: Ireland
ashley313 wrote:
Sappher wrote:
Alonso and his double standards...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63581

"Speaking after news of the investigation into the BMWs and Williams broke, Alonso said Formula One's reputation would be damaged if Raikkonen lost the title because Hamilton was retrospectively promoted to fourth.

"It would be a joke, and we've had too many already," he told Spanish radio station Cadena Ser. "If something like that happened, it would end up burying the sport."
"

There hasn't been any proof that Fernando pushed Ferrari to inquire about the flag situation. A bunch of reporters saying "it is believed" based on an ambiguous tweet doesn't really mean much. You don't see him calling the media and giving them statements like "I want this investigated, Sebastian should lose the title if its true" yadda yadda yadda. Why criticize him for having double standards you don't even know he has?

:thumbup:

_________________
"I am a believer, but I start each Grand Prix with 195 liters of fuel behind me," he explains. "I don't rely entirely on God, I rely on Prost."


#14 for '14


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:09 pm
Posts: 3072
Pickle267 wrote:
lamo wrote:
Pickle267 wrote:
ashley313 wrote:
No they are controlled by the GPS Marshaling System.


THIS! Would you like to see the screenshot from an FIA computer showing which section of the track was under yellow flags...

http://twitpic.com/bhg38g

DRAMA, YER BASTARDS!

edit: link fix!yer bastards


There is no case.

Why did you overtake in yellow flag zone?
Because I was shown green flag [view video footage]

Case closed.

The FIA has provided the driver with conflicting information (dash and flag post) but importantly the rule state that flag post overalls dash reading.


I bet that marshal is brickin' it also surely saying there's no case for Hulkenberg's penalty because he lost control and "Didn't mean too" still a penalty, still his fault. Vettel may have misinterpreted the flags, he probably didn't mean to but he still went against the rules. To quote every bouncer in the world "That's the rules mate!".


He did not misinterpret anything. He was shown a waving green flag which means overtaking permitted.

_________________
http://www.racefan.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:06 pm
Posts: 290
AstoriaisBACK wrote:
I wwould agree it is annoying, but if it is the same for everyone then everyone who passed another in that area should be penalized. I agree 100% with that point. So if it doesnt matter if the marshall is right or wrong and that area of the track was YELLOW as all evedience other than this marshall suggessts then anyone passing in that area should be penalized. Thank you for helping me make that point and I agree with what you are saying.


If a driver is shown conflicting flags, I don’t think it’s fair to penalize him for going with the wrong one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:54 pm
Posts: 182
lamo wrote:
Pickle267 wrote:
lamo wrote:
Pickle267 wrote:
ashley313 wrote:
No they are controlled by the GPS Marshaling System.


THIS! Would you like to see the screenshot from an FIA computer showing which section of the track was under yellow flags...

http://twitpic.com/bhg38g

DRAMA, YER BASTARDS!

edit: link fix!yer bastards


There is no case.

Why did you overtake in yellow flag zone?
Because I was shown green flag [view video footage]

Case closed.

The FIA has provided the driver with conflicting information (dash and flag post) but importantly the rule state that flag post overalls dash reading.


I bet that marshal is brickin' it also surely saying there's no case for Hulkenberg's penalty because he lost control and "Didn't mean too" still a penalty, still his fault. Vettel may have misinterpreted the flags, he probably didn't mean to but he still went against the rules. To quote every bouncer in the world "That's the rules mate!".


He did not misinterpret anything. He was shown a waving green flag which means overtaking permitted.


We should probably stop, it is just not sinking in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:24 am
Posts: 73
Location: YOOOOOOOOORKSHIRE
sandyf1 wrote:
Pickle267 wrote:
ashley313 wrote:
No they are controlled by the GPS Marshaling System.


THIS! Would you like to see the screenshot from an FIA computer showing which section of the track was under yellow flags...

http://twitpic.com/bhg38g

DRAMA, YER BASTARDS!

edit: link fix!yer bastards

What's so dramatic in that graphic?


Well what I take from it is where the yellow zone ends is after the after the place where Vettel made the over take, but that's just me judging by the pitlane lines on the graph and footage, but as someone has already pointed out the resolution is woeful.

_________________
Live Forever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 3029
AstoriaisBACK wrote:
ashley313 wrote:
AstoriaisBACK wrote:
Balibari wrote:
AstoriaisBACK wrote:
8O Look the reality is the video where the green flag is waiving is funny because the yellow caution is right on our screens, it shows lap how many laps in the race and there is a yellow caution. That is run by the FIA, race stewards is a computer aided system and controls all the automated signs on the course. A marshall showing a green flag ON THE PIT EXIT not on the racing line is one of the most reaching explanations. Red Bull and SB deserved a penalty. Plus is that marshall showing green flags fopr pit exit only?? that pit lane is open and available to exit on to the race track??

I can't believe the system allows for a marshal on/that close to the circuit waving a green flag that only applies to the pitlane. Not when it's so clearly visible on, and seemingly applicable to, the circuit. That seems hugely dangerous and confusing.


That makes sense and your response seems reasonable, that is my problem, I am just going on what I witnessed at the tracks I attended and it appears Brazil indeed has the same placement of a marshall on pit exit. I am suggessting that if a marshall flag takes precendent over a multi million dollar computer system with sensors and real time availability why do thay have compeuter aided systems in the cars, on the track? It seems to me human error is much more prevalent then computer error and this marshall could be wrong. whats to say he is correct when ALL other evidence clearly shows YELLOW flags in that area? I am suggessting he was wrong or he was a pit exit marshall if there actually is that type of marshall.

It doesn't matter if the human being is right or wrong. Every driver sees the same thing, even if the marshal is waving the wrong flag, so it has the same consequence for everyone. Also, it is not unheard of to have a section of green track amidst many yellow areas. I've been on track and seen yellow, green, yellow, green, yellow at successive posts. Its annoying!



I wwould agree it is annoying, but if it is the same for everyone then everyone who passed another in that area should be penalized. I agree 100% with that point. So if it doesnt matter if the marshall is right or wrong and that area of the track was YELLOW as all evedience other than this marshall suggessts then anyone passing in that area should be penalized. Thank you for helping me make that point and I agree with what you are saying.

Hmmm, tell me again why everyone should be penalized for racing when they've seen a green flag? Drivers don't know what color race control wants a marshal to show, they can only know what color the marshal IS showing, and that is why the flag takes priority.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 pm
Posts: 3936
Location: Ireland
tootsie323 wrote:
egnat69 wrote:
Spoiler: show
Image
Ferrari. Logo - check
Brazil. Brazilian? - maybe.
Appeal. Mmm - check.
Uber..?

Nationality or...

Most likely yes in either case.

_________________
"I am a believer, but I start each Grand Prix with 195 liters of fuel behind me," he explains. "I don't rely entirely on God, I rely on Prost."


#14 for '14


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:54 am
Posts: 1021
Pickle267 wrote:
lamo wrote:
Pickle267 wrote:
ashley313 wrote:
No they are controlled by the GPS Marshaling System.


THIS! Would you like to see the screenshot from an FIA computer showing which section of the track was under yellow flags...

http://twitpic.com/bhg38g

DRAMA, YER BASTARDS!

edit: link fix!yer bastards


There is no case.

Why did you overtake in yellow flag zone?
Because I was shown green flag [view video footage]

Case closed.

The FIA has provided the driver with conflicting information (dash and flag post) but importantly the rule state that flag post overalls dash reading.


I bet that marshal is brickin' it also surely saying there's no case for Hulkenberg's penalty because he lost control and "Didn't mean too" still a penalty, still his fault. Vettel may have misinterpreted the flags, he probably didn't mean to but he still went against the rules. To quote every bouncer in the world "That's the rules mate!".

misinterpreting a green flag? give me a break! there is absolutely zero room for interpretation.

green flag = go
yellow flag = caution
red flag = race stopped
black flag = you're out

not more, no less... as one of my teachers use to say: "humans can't be a little bit pregnant"...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:24 am
Posts: 73
Location: YOOOOOOOOORKSHIRE
lamo wrote:
Pickle267 wrote:
lamo wrote:
Pickle267 wrote:
ashley313 wrote:
No they are controlled by the GPS Marshaling System.


THIS! Would you like to see the screenshot from an FIA computer showing which section of the track was under yellow flags...

http://twitpic.com/bhg38g

DRAMA, YER BASTARDS!

edit: link fix!yer bastards


There is no case.

Why did you overtake in yellow flag zone?
Because I was shown green flag [view video footage]

Case closed.

The FIA has provided the driver with conflicting information (dash and flag post) but importantly the rule state that flag post overalls dash reading.


I bet that marshal is brickin' it also surely saying there's no case for Hulkenberg's penalty because he lost control and "Didn't mean too" still a penalty, still his fault. Vettel may have misinterpreted the flags, he probably didn't mean to but he still went against the rules. To quote every bouncer in the world "That's the rules mate!".


He did not misinterpret anything. He was shown a waving green flag which means overtaking permitted.


I thought that was for the pitlane?

_________________
Live Forever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 3029
carlisimo wrote:
AstoriaisBACK wrote:
I wwould agree it is annoying, but if it is the same for everyone then everyone who passed another in that area should be penalized. I agree 100% with that point. So if it doesnt matter if the marshall is right or wrong and that area of the track was YELLOW as all evedience other than this marshall suggessts then anyone passing in that area should be penalized. Thank you for helping me make that point and I agree with what you are saying.


If a driver is shown conflicting flags, I don’t think it’s fair to penalize him for going with the wrong one.

There is no such thing as conflicting flags as there is only one flag at each station. The only way there would be such a thing as conflicting flags is if one marshal was simultaneously showing his yellow AND green flags (or red and green for that matter).

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:09 pm
Posts: 3072
No, the pit lane exit is controlled way before that by traffic lights and marshal post.
With that logic a car exiting the pits would be allowed to overtake but those already on track would not be able to.

_________________
http://www.racefan.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:23 am
Posts: 166
Pickle267 wrote:

I bet that marshal is brickin' it also surely saying there's no case for Hulkenberg's penalty because he lost control and "Didn't mean too" still a penalty, still his fault. Vettel may have misinterpreted the flags, he probably didn't mean to but he still went against the rules. To quote every bouncer in the world "That's the rules mate!".


Except its only in your opinion that rules were broken.

There is no way they would put a pit lane only signal so far at the end of the pit exit. Also wouldn't it make sense if it was for the pit lane exit to be waving yellow letting them know they are entering into a yellow zone?

Just drop it already YOU ARE WRONG!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:54 am
Posts: 1021
Pickle267 wrote:
I thought that was for the pitlane?

You're f****ing with us, right? - OK, alright... you've had your fun for today... :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 3029
Guys, maybe you need to do a little test I've had to do, only you'll have to do it virtually. Why don't you pull up some onboard from the race of your choice and try to make a mental note of every flag and light the driver passed over the course of a couple of laps, then watch it in slow mo and see how many you might have missed. Its a good way to understand why when you're behind the wheel and you see a flag you just behave in accordance with what that flag is telling you. There's no time to rationalize "well this green flag is surrounded by yellows so the guy is probably making a mistake and I should assume its supposed to be yellow". It will also help you to understand why there's no way a circuit would have a marshal in an ambiguous location between track and pit lane.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:52 pm
Posts: 265
Location: Edinburgh
Just been thinking about this marshall.

This marshall was the waving the green flag, fair enough.
However, The same marshall must have had his control box thingy set to yellow. Which in turn would've told Charlie/race control and the drivers dash.

So unfortunately for this marshall he is contradicting himself by giving out different information to different bodies at the same time. I doubt there's no FIA rule that covers this!

Bet it sucks to be this marshall at the moment.... I'm guessing that the FIA will need to interview this marshall and the outcome of this interview may well decide whos gets the title.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:54 pm
Posts: 182
Jeeeeezzzzoooooooooooooo

Yeah I think people are extracting the urine now.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A2jdl, Alienturnedhuman, az1, ClubF1, Cozzie, gregwil, slide, Zoue and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.139s | 12 Queries | GZIP : Off ]