planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:46 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:21 pm
Posts: 2060
viariani wrote:
FormulaFun wrote:
viariani wrote:
Lol calm down baby skates, You said pure luck, I said slightly lucky, anyway some would say Massa deserved the 2008 WDC due to the Ferrari parts on the macca and his mate Glock moving over but I'm happy with slightly lucky :) Made a right fist of 2007 though eh.. :lol:


bit hypocritical of you to say that Massa deserved the 2008 title & should have won if not for certain circumstances, but you are quick to jump on people when they say Hamilton would have beat button if not for certain circumstances


I didn't say that, I said he was slightly lucky, I pointed out what some others had said, personally I was happy with slightly lucky, read back :) Still, thanks for pointing that out if it's how it appeared, I don't want to come across as a tinfoil chump/chumpette, Alonso's my man and he was beaten, no amount of coulda shoulda woulda whiny bollocks alters that so I simply STFU and take it on the chin, unlike the Hamfoils who keep trying to alter their mans points total :)


What? Have you not seen the numerous threads about how Vettel passed under yellow flags & the huge amount of "alonso deserved the WDC" threads that popped up, all drivers have fanboys. Generalisation seems to be a major issue on this forum at the moment and it has got to stop. Just as you say he was slightly lucky, we are saying that he was unlucky, where is the difference in that? it's not a wild statement. In fact you are saying he was slightly lucky based on a couple of races in 2008 whereas this year people are saying he was unlucky based on several races.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:09 pm
Posts: 8503
Teddy007 wrote:
Love the fact this argument is still going, as a JB/LH fan I can say both drivers deserve race seats but both drivers at times could of got the sack.

People say the points dont show the whole story of this season - Nor last. In fact at times Button was more unlucky last season compared to Lewis. It was Lewis's poor overtaking and mistakes that cost him.

Button was on course to win Monaco but Vettel was saved by a safety car due to the slower cars crashing. Button also didnt do a great job in Quali last season and still raced up positions. Remember silverstone for Button as well? Button had DNFs which were totally out of his power. Button last season could have "Wiped the floor" with Lewis like some are saying Lewis did to Button this year. Button probably lost about 60-75 points last season. Lewis probably lost the same this season.

What does that mean?

End of the story is Lewis still has much to learn, we have seen this with Over taking - Remember Buttons overtake on MSC last season where Lewis struggled lap after lap - Button made it look like clock work. Remember Australia 2012 this year Button got a better start on Lewis and Lewis couldnt match Buttons pace - whats the excuse there?

I love both drivers, both have their weaknesses, Mclaren have lost out because both drivers were the perfect pair - even Horner admitted it. People can say Mclaren need a different driver fast like Lewis but we saw that in 2007 and Mclaren won NOTHING. Both drivers got emotionally involved instead of just racing. Now as a result no team wants two fast drivers, they want two drivers capable of winning races - end of. Button and Lewis still can win races as shown this year.

And unlike many people, Button is man enough to admit that Lewis is the fastest team mate he has ever had and its hard to beat him unless he makes a mistake.


Some good points, but some oversights too.

Remember Buttons overtake on MSC last season where Lewis struggled lap after lap - Button made it look like clock work.

Schumacher hit the cliff with the tyres and both Mclarens overtook him within a lap. Lewis was about to overtake him but Schumacher put Lewis on the grass, this allowed Button to overtake Lewis and then MS both on the same lap. Lewis having been behind MS for over 10 laps passed him the very next lap. The only reason either got passed was becasue MS's tyres went off, MS had a 20kpm higher top speed, even with the DRS open the Mclaren was still barely equal in straight line speed.

Australia, Button had Lewis for pace and stands out in their entire time together as Button really out doing Hamilton.

_________________
http://www.racefan.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:53 am
Posts: 3226
Location: Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
A couple pages ago somebody said they like both, prefer Button, but know Hamilton has the edge. That's the most sensible thing I've read all day and I couldn't agree more.

How many journos, racers and observers (who have no agenda) really think Button has the edge on Hamilton?

_________________
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

-Epicurus


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:09 pm
Posts: 8503
Balibari wrote:
A couple pages ago somebody said they like both, prefer Button, but know Hamilton has the edge. That's the most sensible thing I've read all day and I couldn't agree more.

How many journos, racers and observers (who have no agenda) really think Button has the edge on Hamilton?


None, but to be fair to the pro Button camp I think their "cause" is to have Jenson seen as equal to Lewis. I do not think anybody here is suggesting Jenson is better.

Some people just detest the other driver and on either side bring up the same points every time. Even though they had the point disproven in last weeks "Jenson vs Lewis" thread, they regurgitate it and it starts again. Their mind is made up, they have come up with the answers and now have to twist everything to fit that. Its the same on either side.

_________________
http://www.racefan.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group