planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:54 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:53 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
rife_hypocricy wrote:
andrewinwork wrote:
Does this men there still may be a glimmer of hope for Mr Hamilton's season ..... or is it still "... you cnt tell anything fro practice sessions

There might be hope, however there might be no hope too...

Where's Ashley?

Oh good.. We thought you might have fallen asleep painting your RBR nail design or baking RBR cakes. :D ;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:07 pm 

funkymonkey wrote:
andrewinwork wrote:
Does this men there still may be a glimmer of hope for Mr Hamilton's season ..... or is it still "... you cnt tell anything fro practice sessions

We dont know yet. They only did 1 decent long run and just 54 laps today. The long run pace of them and McLaren looks similar. Nobody else did 15 or so lap run. Ferrari came close with 12 lap runs and was consistently quicker. But it might be down to fuel weight. So nah, we will really know on 3rd or 4th day when many will do long runs.

McLaren were a bit more consistent than Mercedes but appeared to be running more fuel. Both Nico and Raikkonen set pretty good quick laps at the end. The pace of the Mercedes doesn't look too bad. It looks like it's really going to be up to the drivers as the cars are close.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:13 pm 

Mr-E wrote:
ashley313 wrote:
rife_hypocricy wrote:
andrewinwork wrote:

There might be hope, however there might be no hope too...

Where's Ashley?

Oh good.. We thought you might have fallen asleep painting your RBR nail design or baking RBR cakes. :D ;)

RBCake nearly killed me. It HAS to be easier to build a car out of carbon fibre than red velvet cake, has to be.

Tire performance looks all around more stable, as predicted. Situation normal for now, pending Caterham and Williams exhaust revisions.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:55 pm 

look at this

and then look at this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJybR-uW ... e=youtu.be

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:05 pm 

james10171 wrote:
Inappropriate post removed.

She is a women. :lol: :-P

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:08 pm 

I really, really, really hate what Pirelli is doing. Their "era" has been just about which car works the tires the best...and this season appears to be their ultimate nexus. In the sense that the tires now last no more than one lap, and the rest of the others will just be driving to deltas to preserve tire life. For such a storied tyre manufacturer, they're absolute idiots when it comes to strategising for F1.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:13 pm 

TorrentialPace wrote:
I really, really, really hate what Pirelli is doing. Their "era" has been just about which car works the tires the best...and this season appears to be their ultimate nexus. In the sense that the tires now last no more than one lap, and the rest of the others will just be driving to deltas to preserve tire life. For such a storied tyre manufacturer, they're absolute idiots when it comes to strategising for F1.

Teams are getting used to tires. Last year Pirellis weren't durable, but more or less the same tires at the end of season were too durable in Austin for example. Teams by the end of season will find a way to make make them durable. It happens every season.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:13 pm 

They are just doing what Formula 1 asks them for. Pirelli doesn't decide what the end result of the behavior of their tires is, just how to get to it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:16 pm 

That Ferrari system is intense.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:19 pm 

I still think the 2011 spec Pirelli tires were the best they have produced since they re-entrered F1, compared to he current tires they seemed durable and by the mid point the teams had got a good understanding of them but I don't seem to recall many one stop races, but I may be wrong :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:32 pm 

TorrentialPace wrote:

So they are idiots for doing what their customer (FIA and F1) asked for :lol: :lol:

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:36 pm 

TorrentialPace wrote:

You need to actually read a bit.

Pirelli were asked to create a tyre that would degrade fast - they did exactly what was asked of them. If you want to moan at anyone, it should be F1, not Pirelli.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:16 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
specdecible wrote:
rife_hypocricy wrote:
Nose comparison:

Lotus, Red Bull, Ferrari and Caterham are butt ugly!

Torro Rosso's looks like it would stab someone

They should have signed Sutil.

I think they should sign Bianki and Sutil and get rid of Di Resta!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:11 pm 

Grosjean wrote:
look at this
and then look at this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJybR-uW ... e=youtu.be

Very interesting!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:14 pm 

Just watched the Sky 15 min testing program (with a dick presenting it who knows bugger all about F1 other than how to gherkin Kimi off), and Alonso looked pretty annoyed and/or ill. Certainly not himself. Should be on the sky website in a bit - take a look when it comes on.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:19 pm 

Kimi Raikkonen has got to be the most boring miserable person ever.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:23 pm 

Br4d wrote:

Expand please?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:23 pm 

Br4d wrote:

dont know why fans worship him . the man looks bored of everything and ready to hang himself .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:30 pm 

Just watched him on sky, was like he doesn't want to be there. Lotus must dread it every time he mumbles to the cameras.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:30 pm 

Br4d wrote:

Yup, agreed. Somehow his fans think its 'cool'.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:34 pm 

Kimi is probably the least boring driver on the grid. He just doesn't bother to put on a happy face while doing something he doesn't enjoy - talking to press.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:36 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
Kimi is probably the least boring driver on the grid. He just doesn't bother to put on a happy face while doing something he doesn't enjoy - talking to press.

Without wishing to open a can of worms, as I get that we all have drivers we support for different reasons, but what makes him not boring, when he comes across (even when not talking to press) as a robot?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 pm 

well , he doesnt put a happy face when he is winning either ,

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:42 pm 

if i was watching f1 for the first time and see kimi winning and putting his usual face and speaking like he does , i would say what makes him so miserable and sad

I'd have a similar demeanor to Kimi with that idiot from Sky asking me stupid questions. I think Kimi actually showed a lot of patience up til that point.

RickM wrote:
ashley313 wrote:

Without wishing to open a can of worms, as I get that we all have drivers we support for different reasons, but what makes him not boring, when he comes across (even when not talking to press) as a robot?

He has interesting hobbies, is funny both when he intends to be and not, all interviews with his friends and family contain anecdotes that are either funny, endearing, or impressive, and he's authentic - that alone is interesting given the world he lives in. He just doesn't share his life with the public the way others do, which is something I can appreciate.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:47 pm 

there is definitely something that happened in his life that made him that way, that is not normal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:53 pm 

Grosjean wrote:
there is definitely something that happened in his life that made him that way, that is not normal

Rubbish. Have you ever been to Finland? And I don't mean that in a bad way you finnish members.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:01 pm 

Made him what way? Please do some research into the available materials - first hand from him, or people close to him - before you judge his personality.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:03 pm 

Today lot of drivers were looking little murky. Maybe it was weather. Other than Esteban who frankly looks like a highschool kid, almost everyone was caught with gloomy face today. Alonso, Vettel, Paul in particular. It was cold and overcast today.
And come on, does Kimi being that way surprises anyone any more? Not to mention it is just matter of time until he does something weird on camera :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:08 pm 

Grosjean wrote:

He got stabbed in the throat when he was a child (by a pram I believe).
That's why his voice sounds the way he does (a bit scratchy, and more high pitched than most guys).
But I'm sure it's not why he doesn't like to talk to idiots.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:57 pm 

Mr-E wrote:

I have a confession to make. I had completely forgotten that my nails were the wrong colors until I read this post. I had planned to do them yesterday but since it was a holiday here I was all "I'm doing NOTHING! today" and forgot. So I'm sitting at my desk a moment ago, looking at the slightly chipped pinky nail, thinking about what RBR nailivery I should do when I get home, when it dawns on me that the current colors - which I arbitrarily chose NOT for racing reasons - are in fact...Mercedes F1 colors. Nico was P1 today because of my forgetfulness :( Probably caused Lewis' Top Gear lap time too.

Nevermind that this is a picture of a picture of my grandfather serving a monkey in his restaurant, look at my nails and imagine that in real life they are just slightly more blue, and that I somehow...subconsciously...Merc'd my nails :(

Its test day test time. I can either go RBR, Sauber, Ferrari, Williams, Caterham, Marussia, Force India, or McLaren nailivery tonight. You guys pick, and we'll see if that team is fastest tomorrow Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:02 pm 

FI. That would be awesome to see you try to do.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:07 pm 

Williams

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:12 pm 

bballr4567 wrote:
FI. That would be awesome to see you try to do.

On the 17th of March of course ;)

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:16 pm 

Please make them Williams. I would like to see them fastest.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:18 am 

dizlexik wrote:
Anyone knows why Lotus completed only 27 laps?

They're testing different rear end and exhaust parts. Also they did test runs on the new chassis # built. They said they had some telemetry issues.

I believe the Lotus car was the most consistent on the first day. Kimi did 14 laps all 1.23s and below. No other driver got close to those numbers. Also, Kimi was the only driver that did 4 back to back laps all in the 1.23s between 1:23.609 and 1:23.945. That's a .336 gap from the fastest to the slowest. Even as slower speeds, no other driver was able to produce that kind of consistency.

Last edited by Cozz on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:27 am 

By looking at McLaren's long run data,

the softer tyres are wearing out between .150-.200 per lap

the harder compounds are wearing out at around .100 per lap but around 2 seconds slower per lap.

I don't know the how much fuel was on board but the number of laps was about the same between the compounds.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a "cliff" on these 2013 tyres. They have a constant degrade per lap instead.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:18 am 

Can't understand what Alonso's talking about, saying the tires are only good for 1 lap of testing -- sure they fall off, but when they're racing that's how it will be most of the time, so how is that useless for testing?

Maybe he's let slip that Ferrari is focusing mostly on improving qualifying performance, not race pace.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:27 am 

Mr-E wrote:
Grosjean wrote:

Rubbish. Have you ever been to Finland? And I don't mean that in a bad way you finnish members.

why do people keep saying this? i've not been to Finland but i know quite a few finnish people and i've never noticed this "boring" attitude in them...
Kimi just wants to eat his cake and have it at the same time,he doesn't like press,well suck it up and deal with their silly questions,it's just how many mins of his life which he gets paid for,i don't see the need for his boring condescending attitude towards the press.