planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:04 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:19 am 

I dunno if that is going to happen but I want both to stay in F1. I also see it as a benefit if RoGro woudl drive for a smaller team first but than the only realistic option seems Caterham as FI doesn't seem keen on picking him up.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:35 am 

Concussion wrote:
Grosjean will either be back in Lotus next season, or not in F1 at all. Force India is a smart team, I will literally eat my own fairy cakes if a team of their calibre hire Grosjean.

No seriously, I will.

As much as I can't see Grosjean at Force India, stranger things have happened.

Be careful when making such statements ;)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:36 pm 

Kamui Kobayashi has already managed to raise £965,023 through his fundraising website as of November 30.
I hope it would be helpful for him to get the seat.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:35 pm 

According to his today's twitter in Japanese, he has done filming somewhere in the cold place. It is said the content is funny, everyone will enjoy it. But he apologizes not to say much about it at the moment. Promotion filming with Kimi in Finland?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:28 pm 

Concussion wrote:
Grosjean will either be back in Lotus next season, or not in F1 at all. Force India is a smart team, I will literally eat my own fairy cakes if a team of their calibre hire Grosjean.

No seriously, I will.

Doesn't Grosjean come with a decent amount of sponsorship from Total? I think that is one of the reasons he is favored to stay on at Lotus next year. But if he doesn't, that sponsorship would make him more palatable at other teams, too.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:56 pm 

Kazuo wrote:
According to his today's twitter in Japanese, he has done filming somewhere in the cold place. It is said the content is funny, everyone will enjoy it. But he apologizes not to say much about it at the moment. Promotion filming with Kimi in Finland?

Interesting!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:21 pm 

DaveStebbins wrote:
Concussion wrote:

No seriously, I will.

Doesn't Grosjean come with a decent amount of sponsorship from Total? I think that is one of the reasons he is favored to stay on at Lotus next year. But if he doesn't, that sponsorship would make him more palatable at other teams, too.

Yes grosjean comes with sponsorship money, but I still think it is poor value considering the number of errors he makes. There was an article where lopez pretty much implies the same too.

Force India was never a team that hires pay drivers so I highly doubt they will go for grosjean.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:25 pm 

coulthards chin wrote:
Concussion wrote:

No seriously, I will.

As much as I can't see Grosjean at Force India, stranger things have happened.

Be careful when making such statements ;)

Yeah I probably can't back out of my statement at this point haha, but you get my drift..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:40 pm 

Same sources that say Bruno has signed for FI says Kamui is close to a deal with Lotus... We'll see :) I wouldn't mind him racing for Lotus instead of Romain.

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:47 pm 

Concussion wrote:
DaveStebbins wrote:
Concussion wrote:

No seriously, I will.

Yes grosjean comes with sponsorship money, but I still think it is poor value considering the number of errors he makes. There was an article where lopez pretty much implies the same too.

Force India was never a team that hires pay drivers so I highly doubt they will go for grosjean.

They hired Sutil. He brought millions in Medion sponsorship so your argument is flawed.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:53 pm 

Three of my favourite drivers vying for one seat...its not fair :-((

Nico Hulkenburg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:54 pm 

Kobayashi to Lotus and Bruno to Force India would be amazing. The only problem then is we've got to wait until March to see them in action :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:54 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
Concussion wrote:
DaveStebbins wrote:
Concussion wrote:

No seriously, I will.

They hired Sutil. He brought millions in Medion sponsorship so your argument is flawed.

They did not 'hire' him. They just kept him. Big difference.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion. - Robert Pirsig

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:56 pm 

H-Holloway wrote:
AngreetRoll wrote:
WHY DOES THE THREAD TITLE NEED TO BE IN CAPITALS?

CAPITALS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:00 pm 

sultanofhyd wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Concussion wrote:
DaveStebbins wrote:
Concussion wrote:

No seriously, I will.

Bingo. You and I are on the same wavelength.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:05 pm 

Concussion wrote:
sultanofhyd wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Concussion wrote:
DaveStebbins wrote:

Bingo. You and I are on the same wavelength.

So they kept him for his sponsorship. Same thing. He resigned a new deal I believe so they did sign him in some way. FI are not below signing a driver for money.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:17 pm 

^ Key word - in some way.

FI initially signed Sutil based on merits of his driving. would they have kept Sutil had it not been for the sponsorship money? We will never know. But Sutil is hardly a grosjean is he?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:30 pm 

Concussion wrote:

FI initially signed Sutil based on merits of his driving. would they have kept Sutil had it not been for the sponsorship money? We will never know. But Sutil is hardly a grosjean is he?

No RoGro is better.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:39 pm 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

grosjean is better than him. Koba is so fn overrated.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:48 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
Concussion wrote:

No RoGro is better.

Impossible to say without them being team mates, at least Sutil is allot more stable though. Both have baggage, one stab in neck image, one crasher.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:59 pm 

Jomox wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Concussion wrote:

No RoGro is better.

Impossible to say without them being team mates, at least Sutil is allot more stable though. Both have baggage, one stab in neck image, one crasher.

Yes well everything appears to be impossible to say according to you. I'll keep posting my opinions regardless.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:04 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
Jomox wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Concussion wrote:

No RoGro is better.

Yes well everything appears to be impossible to say according to you. I'll keep posting my opinions regardless.

We need a safety car, Sutil has stabbed Grosjean in the neck using a shard of carbon fibre.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:06 pm 

H-Holloway wrote:
Three of my favourite drivers vying for one seat...its not fair :-((

It's obvious that this contest will not be decided by our knowledge of the force... but by our skills with a lightsaber.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:15 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
Concussion wrote:
DaveStebbins wrote:
Concussion wrote:

No seriously, I will.

They also get free engines for running Di Resta IRRC. They did in his first season anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:54 pm 

http://www.motorsport.com/#!/f1/news/f1 ... -grosjean/

F1 is 'a world without pity' - Grosjean

Romain Grosjean had quite an eventful 2012 season, which left him with the impression that that Formula One is a "world without pity". Nov.30 (GMM) As the candidates clamour for his seat, Romain Grosjean has acknowledged that Formula One is a "world without pity". "Yes," he confirmed to the Swiss daily Le Matin. "But that's normal for the top level. "It's also the case with banking and watchmaking. There is no room for mercy. "Seats in F1 are scarce; there are no presents." The interview with the 26-year-old took place amid reports he might lose his Lotus seat after his often impressive but equally tumultuous return to F1 in 2012.

The reports suggest Kamui Kobayashi and Heikki Kovalainen are being considered by the Enstone based team. Dropped by Sauber, Japanese Kobayashi's chances appear to have been boosted by his race seat donation website, which so far has raised EUR 775,000 to contribute to the budget of his 2013 employer. The money will be returned to his fans if he fails to secure a seat. "It has been a huge show of support after a campaign of only five days," Kobayashi told the AFP news agency.

Finn Kovalainen, on the other hand, appears to have acknowledged that his chances are slim not only of staying at Caterham but of finding a seat elsewhere. "Outside of F1, there are not many things that interest me," he is quoted by Russia's f1news.ru. "But sometimes I'm a little surprised that more F1 drivers haven't tried rallying. Let's see what happens next year. There is life outside of F1," said Kovalainen.

In the meantime, the Swiss-born Frenchman Grosjean also has his fingers crossed. Asked what he has learned in 2012, he answered: "A lot. More than what I thought. "The world of F1 is more difficult than I imagined. When I returned, I saw that there was a mountain to climb. "And once I started to climb, I saw how high it really is."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:08 pm 

Italian sources also say Senna has been having negotiations with Lotus (apart from FI and Caterham) to replace RoGro for 2013...

2013 follower of :

Fernando Alonso

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:26 pm 

XploZiV wrote:
Italian sources also say Senna has been having negotiations with Lotus (apart from FI and Caterham) to replace RoGro for 2013...

Even though they booted him for not so great results last year? Actually, he punted people (well, Alguersuari) out of the race in Spa last year at the first corner too... must be a Lotus 2nd driver thing haha.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:42 pm 

Just imagine what would have happened had Vettel been branded crash kid during 2008-2010 and been ditched before having the chance to finish/compete in 2010.

Grosjean is quite good and has pace but this is his first year (2009 he didn't really spend a full season), i think he deserves to stay for next year and if he doesn't improve his race-craft then he should go. it would be a shame to lose a driver that has the raw pace of Kimi Raikkonen or even faster!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:43 pm 

M.Nader -DODZ- wrote:
Just imagine what would have happened had Vettel been branded crash kid during 2008-2010 and been ditched before having the chance to finish/compete in 2010.

Grosjean is quite good and has pace but this is his first year (2009 he didn't really spend a full season), i think he deserves to stay for next year and if he doesn't improve his race-craft then he should go. it would be a shame to lose a driver that has the raw pace of Kimi Raikkonen or even faster!

:thumbup:
I like you.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:51 pm 

jammin78 wrote:
M.Nader -DODZ- wrote:

I like you.

Finally, some common sense...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:08 pm 

I think Koba might fare well at Lotus. I really don't see Senna or Heikki as an improvement over RoGro. I hope Heikki goes rallying as I find him dull as F1 driver.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:08 pm 

Kobayashi was six points behind Perez, Grosjean was 141 behind Kimi and even with the performance gap between Lotus and Sauber and the fact Raikkonen is a better driver than Perez you cant help but be underwhelmed by Grosjean's performace. He has cost the earn valuable points and has caused countless damage, Kamui has also been involved in accidents but nowhere near as many and has been denied results by others. First Grosjean ignored the ban and almost took out his teammate at Singapore and almost put himself in the wall in qualifying, then he seemingly tried to calm down but was ridiculously slow compared to his teammate. There have been no signs of a Maldonado esque re-birth and now he dost even look quick which was one of he only saving graces. Kobayashi isnt a potential world champion but he has proven he can outperform cars, get podiums, qualify well, show good pace and be consistent.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:15 pm 

Mr-E wrote:
Source?

http://www.yallaf1.com/2012/11/29/kobay ... placement/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:26 pm 

xECKSx58 wrote:
Finnish media is reporting Kobayashi is trying to get enough money (more than Gro gro) so Lotus can hire him.
They're also reporting that Kimi is trying to get Heikki hired.

Bring on the vodka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:40 pm 

Having just lost Schuey from the field, and desperately searching for someone to support, I would love if KK went to Lotus!!! I think he has *something* in him that we have yet to see. He has qualified very well this year, we know he can overtake, if he could have the out and out pace for a whole race and keep his head up, I think he could do really well.

I don't know what to say about Grosjean - I'm sure Lotus are thinking the same thing. One minute he looks like a natural, then next he's in another accident. I think spinning off in Brazil (granted vicious conditions) did him no favours. Probably my biggest problem with him is that he told JS to get stuffed when JS was offering to help him. Twice. It's not like he has the results to back that refusal up...especially now. Maybe, Grosjean, just *maybe* someone like JS might know more than you about this stuff.

Anyway, for the moment, I'm supporting Hulkenberg in a Sauber next year :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:01 am 

M.Nader -DODZ- wrote:

Yes he doesn't deserve to be chucked out because of the crashes but you cannot really compare Grosjean and Vettel. Vettel had much better results imo. Grosjean probably needs a year in a mid field team before Lotus.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:12 am 

Today's Autosport said, "Lotus to decide on Gro this week".

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:22 am 

gnolan wrote:
Having just lost Schuey from the field, and desperately searching for someone to support, I would love if KK went to Lotus!!! I think he has *something* in him that we have yet to see. He has qualified very well this year, we know he can overtake, if he could have the out and out pace for a whole race and keep his head up, I think he could do really well.

I don't know what to say about Grosjean - I'm sure Lotus are thinking the same thing. One minute he looks like a natural, then next he's in another accident. I think spinning off in Brazil (granted vicious conditions) did him no favours. Probably my biggest problem with him is that he told JS to get stuffed when JS was offering to help him. Twice. It's not like he has the results to back that refusal up...especially now. Maybe, Grosjean, just *maybe* someone like JS might know more than you about this stuff.

Anyway, for the moment, I'm supporting Hulkenberg in a Sauber next year :)

I also am looking for support after Schumi leaves, but remember it was the same in 2007, 2008, 2009. I will probably support Massa and Hamilton, that's what I did in those three years. Of course it won't be quite the same.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:31 pm 

flavio81 wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
M.Nader -DODZ- wrote:

I like you.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Totally agree. As much as i like Kobayashi (and i do hope he gets a seat for next year) I think Lotus will retain Grosjean for at least one more year. If he stops trying to win the race at the first corner then I think he could turn good. He has the pace but he just needs to mature more....a bit like Maldonado.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:16 pm 

flavio81 wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
M.Nader -DODZ- wrote:

I like you.

I like you you and you.