All times are UTC

Who would you like to see at Lotus?
Grosjean 20%  20%  [ 23 ]
Kobayashi 45%  45%  [ 52 ]
Kovalainen 22%  22%  [ 25 ]
Someone else 14%  14%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 116
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:47 am 

Who do you hope gets the 2nd Lotus seat alongside Kimi? Personally, I think Kimi and Kamui would be a great team, they are both out and out racers and completely apolitical.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:17 am 

No more Kovalainen please. Absolutely spoiled a McLaren seat for 2 years. He has had every opportunity, he wasn't good enough. I prefer Kamui but I'll also be fine with Grosjean. But not Kovalainen please.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:27 am 

I think Kamui needs a chance at a bigger team. Kova had his time, and so is Grojo.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:31 am 

why we keep getting redundancy thread like these??? do your job admin............

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:33 am 

I think they should stick with Grosjean. It's easier for a driver to improve his decision making than it is to generate pace. Grosjean has shown terrific speed this year and despite being volatile, he brought home a few podiums. He needs one more year. If he remains as crash-prone as he was last season then he should be written-off, but right now there's still potential for him to become a top caliber driver. Vettel crashed a lot too when he first started with Toro Rosso and his race-craft remained sketchy even through his first championship year.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:27 am 

1.Kobayashi
2.Grosjean
3.Someone else
4.Kovalainen (sorry Heikki)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:19 am 

Grosjean. Koba's not as good as everyone seems to make out, RoGro has the speed, if he can sort his race craft we have a potential WDC.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:34 am 

Kovalianen - 2 fins at Lotus would be cool.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:41 am 

Grosjean undoubtedly deserves some more races, but Kobayashi has done more to deserve that seat.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:48 am 

Kovi or Kobi would be fine by me.

Kobi deserves it more imo - Kovi had a chance and didn't impress. In 2008 at least he should have been closer. I do want to see though if he has improved. Media seems to suggest he was really impressive in the Caterham, but I'm not sure I buy that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:53 am 

Villeneuve ;D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:05 am 

I think Grosjean and Kobayashi are on par right now. Grosjean seems to have more pace but it is wasted because of his instincts. Kobayashi, while not perfect, has racecraft in spades by comparison but I think he is ultimately a slower driver than the Frenchman, though still quick in his own right.

If Grosjean can clean up his act he will be a formidable driver.The question is, are Enstone prepared to let Grosjean clean up his driving in a race seat with them? If the answer is no and they want to retain an option on him for later, it's going to be difficult for him to do it if he is stuck as a reserve driver just going round on Fridays. He has been relatively safe there, Sundays have been the problem.

The ink would have been dry long ago if Enstone were happy with him so I think there is a very real chance of Grosjean losing his seat...I think hitting de la Rosa in qualifying was decisive. If he is replaced I hope they go for Kobayashi. Quick in qualifying, he has had one or two poor races this year in terms of his pace but he has been generally very good since he came into the sport. We know he can overtake without the DRS as well.

Kovalainen would be a worthy candidate. He had some diabolical luck at McLaren in the 2008 season, though in 2009 he was just not fast enough. Too many question marks over his time there to make him the first choice for me although I would hate to see him out of the sport for no reason other than money. He has done a very good job at Caterham and deserves to be in a better car.

The underlying thing about all this,no matter how bright you are,no matter how logical one is or how much money one has,you have to be a completely stupid optimist...I believe there are about 3 million competition licences worldwide. -Perry McCarthy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:38 am 

Grosjean. I'd like to see Kamui in the Force India against Di Resta.

PF1s Pick 10 Competition
Wins: 2 (Malaysia and Singapore 2012)
2011 Rubens Barrichello Trophy Winner (17th)
2012 Lewis Hamilton Trophy Winner (4th)
2013 Lewis Hamilton Trophy Winner (4th)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:28 am 

Please KAMUI, KAMUI, KAMUI :-P
He was only a handful of points behind Perez who is off to Mclaren, he has ouqualified him and was in contention for several podiums.
Grosjean hasdnt been on the podium since Hungary (I think) whereas Raikonnen has won a race, he has crashed so many times this year and has cost Lotus lots of points. Kovalainen has had a poor year at Caterham, very average so I dont think he deserves another shot at the front. Kimi + Kamui = Awesome

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:32 am 

Kamui and Grosjean in the Lotus. Sack off Kimi. :)

That's who I'd personaly like to see at Lotus.

Between Kamui and Grosjean... ummm, I can't choose, but went for Grosjean, I see him as a more genuine potential title challenger. Heikki I like but can't see him doing anything of any interest in F1 anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:34 am 

KK, that would be such an exciting driver line up, I'd easily cheer for Lotus in 2013 :]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:50 am 

Adaemus wrote:
Grosjean. Koba's not as good as everyone seems to make out, RoGro has the speed, if he can sort his race craft we have a potential WDC.

+1, Exactly my opinion.

Kovalainen and Kobayashi would be good only for comedy value, to see how much overrated and slower than Kimi they are.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:00 pm 

Even though Koba is leading the poll I voted for Grosjean. I would love Koba to get the Force India seat. Kovalainen won't miss him to be honest. I think he had his chance for 2 years in a top team and didn't really take it. 2 Finns at Lotus makes no sense either.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:01 pm 

chican wrote:
Villeneuve ;D

Nooo!

Let's go for Montoya! That would be an epic pairing. One super cool and one who can't keep his cool if his life depended on it.

"Kimi you broke my ****** head!"
"Mmm Doesn't really mean anything.. I don't care."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:02 pm 

Grosjean has the most potential. Though he doesn't make it easy for me to keep defending him...

Would love to see Kobayshi in a decent seat too.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:02 pm 

Mr-E wrote:
chican wrote:
Villeneuve ;D

Nooo!

Let's go for Montoya! That would be an epic pairing. One super cool and one who can't keep his cool if his life depended on it.

Kimi and Montoya... sounds familiar...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:04 pm 

I'd feel really bad for Grosjean because he's got a lot of talent but he's really screwed things up for himself this year with the number of incidents he's causes/been involved in. That said I'd love to see Kobayashi in the Lotus for a year to see what he can do and if he doesn't cut it leave it at that. Kovalainen is a decent driver and I think he's done a decent job at Caterham but I don't know if any bigger teams would give him a chance again.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:05 pm 

jammin78 wrote:

That's just ridiculous! Do you have any rational argument to back this other than boohoo Kimi sucks? :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:06 pm 

jammin78 wrote:
Mr-E wrote:
chican wrote:
Villeneuve ;D

Nooo!

Kimi and Montoya... sounds familiar...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykz8AsUOC_o :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:08 pm 

Covalent wrote:
jammin78 wrote:

That's just ridiculous! Do you have any rational argument to back this other than boohoo Kimi sucks? :)

I just prefer Kamui and Grosjean, thats all haha, who said it had to be rational? :P

Can't say Kimi sucks after a 99.99% lap completion rate ha.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:09 pm 

jammin78 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
jammin78 wrote:

I just prefer Kamui and Grosjean, thats all haha, who said it had to be rational? :P

No one said it had to be rational, I was just keen to see if you had a rational reason for it or not :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:14 pm 

Covalent wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
jammin78 wrote:

No one said it had to be rational, I was just keen to see if you had a rational reason for it or not :)

Christ no, I never have a rational argument, I though that wasn't allowed in the forum...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:33 pm 

i miss montoya X kimi

Ice and Fire combination......so much fun...Ron screw it up

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:34 pm 

Anyone but Grosjean

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:55 pm 

Kobayashi. Not a prticularly huge fan of the guy, but I think he deserves a seat next year, and I'd love to see what he can do in a Lotus.

Forza Jules!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:00 pm 

RoGro. He has raw speed, with consistency he'll win races.

Kobayashi may be popular but he's done nothing to show he's improved as a driver since 2010.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:03 pm 

Heikki then Kamui, then Grosjean way down here ------------------------------------->

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:05 pm 

Laura23 wrote:

Quite delusional. He has good qualifying pace sometimes, in the races in 2012 he has been slower on race pace than Kimi 90% of the time, and when he was quicker it was due to Kimi's issues with tyres etc. This raw speed people talk about with Romain is just bull, because as stated on race pace he's slower than Kimi 90% of the time, and usually messes it up anyway, so it all counts for nothing.

Romain is an awful driver, just because hes good at qualifying sometimes does not mean he will win races with consistency. He just has no race craft and spacial awareness in an F1 car, all he does is cost Lotus millions in repair bills and championship standing, as well as giving the team a bad image. He's had plenty of chances and all he's shown is he's not F1 material, far from it.

The incidents, race pace and championship standing don't lie with Romain, they give a good reflection of his abilities, not F1.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:12 pm 

Laura23 wrote:

Kobayashi may be popular but he's done nothing to show he's improved as a driver since 2010.

He's scored a podium and been in contention for at least 2 others before been take out.

This year's Sauber has been very inconsistent. For some reason people like to talk about it as a front runner and many Schumacher fans tell us he would have won races in it but for every race where they could have had a podium, there has been another where their pace was just nowhere.

If you don't believe me look at Perez' results.
Malaysia 2nd, 11th in the next race.
Canada 3rd, 9th in the next race
Monza 2nd, 10th in the next race.
Germany they finished 4th and 6th, the next race they finished 14th and 18th.

The Lotus, in the hands of Kimi at least has been the most consistent car on the grid. Points in every race except China, where they ballsed up his strategy and he dropped from 2nd to 14th with shredded tyres at the end.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:14 pm 

Jomox wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

Quite delusional. He has good qualifying pace sometimes, in the races in 2012 he has been slower on race pace than Kimi 90% of the time, and when he was quicker it was due to Kimi's issues with tyres etc. This raw speed people talk about with Romain is just bull, because as stated on race pace he's slower than Kimi 90% of the time, and usually messes it up anyway, so it all counts for nothing.

Romain is an awful driver, just because hes good at qualifying sometimes does not mean he will win races with consistency. He just has no race craft and spacial awareness in an F1 car, all he does is cost Lotus millions in repair bills and championship standing, as well as giving the team a bad image. He's had plenty of chances and all he's shown is he's not F1 material, far from it.

The incidents, race pace and championship standing don't lie with Romain, they give a good reflection of his abilities, not F1.

You are the delisonal one.

RoGro has speed. If he can mtch that speed with consistency then he'll be a very good driver indeed. But don't let your blind hatred of the guiy get in the way of that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:17 pm 

Banana Man wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

He's scored a podium and been in contention for at least 2 others before been take out.

This year's Sauber has been very inconsistent. For some reason people like to talk about it as a front runner and many Schumacher fans tell us he would have won races in it but for every race where they could have had a podium, there has been another where their pace was just nowhere.

If you don't believe me look at Perez' results.
Malaysia 2nd, 11th in the next race.
Canada 3rd, 9th in the next race
Monza 2nd, 10th in the next race.
Germany they finished 4th and 6th, the next race they finished 14th and 18th.

The Lotus, in the hands of Kimi at least has been the most consistent car on the grid. Points in every race except China, where they ballsed up his strategy and he dropped from 2nd to 14th with shredded tyres at the end.

Meh. I've seen nothing from Kobayashi since 2010 that would make me believe he could ever win races. If he was in any of the top teams he'd have been thumped this year. He's an ok driver but never one who'd go ny further than a Sauber.

RoGro has better speed. Koba better consistency. But RoGro can improve on his consistency. I don't think Koba is ever going to get faster.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:17 pm 

Jomox wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

They're both excellent drivers, Kimi is just that much better. He's a world champion, he SHOULD be defeating Grosjean. When they both finished a race, this is the result:

China - Romain 6, Kimi 14
Bahrain - Kimi 2, Romain 3
Spain - Kimi 3, Romain 4
Canada - Romain 2, Kimi 8
GB - Kimi 5, Romain 6
Germany - Kimi 3, Romain 18
Hungary - Kimi 2, Romain 3
Singapore - Kimi 6, Romain 7
Korea - Kimi 5, Romain 7
India - Kimi 7, Romain 9
US - Kimi 6, Romain 7

I'd hardly say Romain's done that bad when he's not forgetting how to do first laps. Kimi got his act together later in the season and did what a team leader should do, and led Romain home, but Romain was close behind in those races to be fair.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:19 pm 

i want romain to continue...however, if he doesnt get his fairy cakes together for first few races, pls kick him out....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:21 pm 

Kobayashi or Kova.

But if I had to choose one it would be Koba because he never had a chance in a decent car

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:23 pm 

NvrDieYoung wrote:
i want romain to continue...however, if he doesnt get his fairy cakes together for first few races, pls kick him out....

But that would be a waste of winter testing for the new driver and he won't be able to be up to speed immediately.

The decision has to be taken carefully if they decide to stick with Romain they should go all the way and have a stick ready for every time he does a doodoo. Maybe even link it to his pay (if they're allowed to do that)