planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:43 am

All times are UTC

Were you emotional when Felipe Massa step on to the podium?
Yes 43%  43%  [ 20 ]
No 57%  57%  [ 27 ]
Total votes : 47
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:36 pm 

Obviously, it was a very special and emotional weekend for the guy. I am so happy for him he got that third place he fought for and finally get to stand again on the podium in his country. Question is, what did he said to the fans, crowd and people after Nelson Piquet Sr. interviewed him in Brazilian?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:42 pm 

Indeed I was. I might even be rooting for him in 2013.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:42 pm 

Massa on the podium in Brazil is always emotional, for me too. You can see how much it means for him, its wonderful to see someone getting so much satisfaction from it. His near title miss victory podium in 08 was beautiful.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:52 pm 

Location: Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
jammin78 wrote:
Massa on the podium in Brazil is always emotional, for me too. You can see how much it means for him, its wonderful to see someone getting so much satisfaction from it. His near title miss victory podium in 08 was beautiful.

:thumbup:

of Alice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:53 pm 

he was crying because he was't allowed to overtake alonso.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:04 pm 

I was rooting for him trough the season, but Brazil is a special race and i'm very happy that he got a good result. It helped me forget that Red Bull took the title and not Ferrari.

What Felipe said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzOqNrqcQ5Y

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:31 pm 

With his race pace and those two safety cars, he could easily won it, was it not for the games for Alonso's championship.

Yes, great weekend for Massa, he made it, one of the few real comebacks. Pity that Ferrari is focused on Alonso, leaving Massa no real chance of fighting for victories or championship. The sport is betrayed. But sticking to Ferrari, in that given moment (a couple of months ago), was the only option for Massa to stay in F1 anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:28 pm 

Wasn't emotional but very, very pleased for him

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:48 pm 

Lt. Drebin wrote:
With his race pace and those two safety cars, he could easily won it, was it not for the games for Alonso's championship.
Yes, great weekend for Massa, he made it, one of the few real comebacks. Pity that Ferrari is focused on Alonso, leaving Massa no real chance of fighting for victories or championship. The sport is betrayed. But sticking to Ferrari, in that given moment (a couple of months ago), was the only option for Massa to stay in F1 anyway.

I suppose you don't really think Ferrari had any choice given the circumstances?

If Massa drove at the start of the season like he did at the end of this one maybe Ferrari would not have to focus on Alonso...? We'll see what happens 2013. I hope he has a good year is all I can say.

2011 Silverstone 1st
2012 Spa 1st
2012 Interlagos 3rd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:53 pm 

hes just plzd to be in the ferrari next year and finding his form - 3rd place was just a bonus- i hope hes quick outa the box in 2013

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:13 pm 

He said "today is a a glorious day, because today, I was faster than Alonso for sure." :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:15 pm 

Happy for him, sure. Emotional, hell no.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:25 pm 

I wasnt emotional but I was really happy with him. No doubt he is doing a great job at Ferrari, but he is one person in F1, who, I feel, deserves so much more than just a no 2 job. He is sort of like the unsung hero. Ive read a lot comments which hurl fairy cakes at him, but always believed he would rise above his problems to be hailed in high regards, and what better way to do that than be on the podium at his home race.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:27 pm 

Lotus38 wrote:
Lt. Drebin wrote:

I suppose you don't really think Ferrari had any choice given the circumstances?

If Massa drove at the start of the season like he did at the end of this one maybe Ferrari would not have to focus on Alonso...? We'll see what happens 2013. I hope he has a good year is all I can say.

I hate quoting myself but that is what I said - "In that given moment" that was maximum. But, the truth is, he is not allowed to race Alonso, things are fixed at Ferrari. That's my point.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:52 pm 

I was chuffed to see Massa on the podium, but cringed when they had one of the all time greats being a performing seal on the podium with him. It took the dignity from both of them

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:00 pm 

jammin78 wrote:

I was supporting the other guy, but that still got me. He tried his pickle off, and in front of his home crowd too. A great sporting moment.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:02 pm 

I got a little misty-eyed for sure. Watching a guy who's made so much improvement in the 2nd half, trying so hard, then having to do his duty as a 2nd driver at Ferrari, I really felt for him. Racing drivers are programmed to win and it's a tough thing to have to have to do what he did when every fiber of your being tells you it's wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:11 pm 

hd23 wrote:
He said "today is a a glorious day, because today, I was faster than Alonso for sure." :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:18 pm 

racer_nobu wrote:
I got a little misty-eyed for sure. Watching a guy who's made so much improvement in the 2nd half, trying so hard, then having to do his duty as a 2nd driver at Ferrari, I really felt for him. Racing drivers are programmed to win and it's a tough thing to have to have to do what he did when every fiber of your being tells you it's wrong.

This. The poor guy is monumentally quick, the period between 2007 and 2009, even to an extent the first half of 2010, proved that. He's just been broken by spending so much time playing the team game rather than racing for himself. I don't know whether he's just decided to stick it to Ferrari and perform how he's capable of in the second half the season or whether Ferrari have give him what he needs to be quick (I think on the flying lap they said they always test experimental parts on Felipe's car which explains why he's often slower, or like in India 2011 where he kept breaking his experimental suspension while everyone else was fine over the kurbs).

But whatever has happened it's allowed him to show his true speed again and if he performs like this in 2013 Ferrari would be mad to put all their eggs in Ferando's basket. I still think the guy deserves a championship.