planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:07 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:45 am 

http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/Turk ... 53596.html
The Turkish Grand Prix may be back for a seven year deal although we don't know whether it will be in 2013 or 2014.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:32 am 

I quite like Istanbul, but what are we dropping?

I assume given we are at 20 races, it'll be a substitution rather than addition.

Edit: Article does read like it is an addition, is this the case? Seems like 21 would be an awful lot.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:44 am 

Remember that there is still a question mark over New Jersey.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:58 am 

mac_d wrote:
I quite like Istanbul, but what are we dropping?

I assume given we are at 20 races, it'll be a substitution rather than addition.

Edit: Article does read like it is an addition, is this the case? Seems like 21 would be an awful lot.

Catalunya and Valencia will alternate yearly now.
http://f1pulse.com/news/2012051355/cata ... spanish-gp

I won't be surprised if we start seeing this for other races.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:06 am 

Awesome news! :) I remembered I was in Turkey the other day and I was a filming a guy cutting flowers at the background. Then there was a watch advertisement with Mark Webber and Sebastien Vettel on it but I didn't know who they were in 2010 , the world is such a small place.. Apple tea in turkey + kebabs = win

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:55 am 

Quote:
Turkey may be back in 2013
What has happenned to the 2012 Christmas lunch menu then..?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:20 pm 

Turkey comes back and Hungery will be gone? But only after a Spa?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:33 pm 

froze wrote:
Turkey comes back and Hungery will be gone? But only after a Spa?
Ouch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:58 pm 

Misinformed wrote:
Remember that there is still a question mark over New Jersey.

I thought New Jersey was a foregone conclusion for 2013 - for NOT being included? There are only 19 races now for the 2013 calender and so Istanbul can be squeezed in somewhere, perhaps in the slot previously reserved for NJ.

Sadly, from 2014 there might be places available even if NJ starts off because of the rumoured limitation of European races. I sincerely hope that Spa remains for every year and a French GP returns. There is no point in a separate "European" GP and IMO they should remove the Bahrain GP from the calender.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:03 pm 

Fingers crossed because I am going if it is!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:11 pm 

Yeah, New Jersey is off next years world championship but not 2014's.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:29 pm 

i like the track in turkey and it would be a good track to have back. with the storm destruction in nj, i doubt the race happens even in 2014.

this brings up a point about bernie. yes the man has done great things for the sport of f1. but tracks like spa and some of the older tracks do not have the ability to host a race for 25 million without government intervention. oil rich countries can easily host a race for years and years to come. my problem with bernie is he should recognize this and adjust the fee to certain older tracks and stop threatening them with no more races.

how many fans want a season without a race at spa, france, england, germany ?? bernie is on record as not caring if fans show up or not, but i believe if those countries are eventually all dropped from the schedule, fans will stop watching also.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:30 pm 

For sure, I could see Hurricane Sandy having some impact on a New Jersey/NYC race reaching the calender for 2014 (or beyond even depending on the total costs of the damage, which could make it a tougher sell when it comes to financing.)

I'd be curious as to what F1 could max out at in terms of races. I'm sure some like Canada/New Jersey could go back to back weeks, and Austin/Brazil, as well as much of the Asian swing, allowing for the increased number of races, and probably the same for many of the European races... while still allowing a few extra weeks in the calender to devote to technical and package developments.

For now it seems a moot issue of re-adding either France or Turkey because the New Jersey slot has been re-opened... and if Bahrain is dropped (which makes sense to me) having that replacement and New Jersey is quite feasible.

It has been quite awhile since I've heard mention though of Sochi (Russia) in 2014... Is that still on?

Given the current calender, that would make 21 for 2014 with New Jersey or a replacement race.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:55 pm 

Z3RoadstarTXF1 wrote:
For sure, I could see Hurricane Sandy having some impact on a New Jersey/NYC race reaching the calender for 2014 (or beyond even depending on the total costs of the damage, which could make it a tougher sell when it comes to financing.)

I'd be curious as to what F1 could max out at in terms of races. I'm sure some like Canada/New Jersey could go back to back weeks, and Austin/Brazil, as well as much of the Asian swing, allowing for the increased number of races, and probably the same for many of the European races... while still allowing a few extra weeks in the calender to devote to technical and package developments.

For now it seems a moot issue of re-adding either France or Turkey because the New Jersey slot has been re-opened... and if Bahrain is dropped (which makes sense to me) having that replacement and New Jersey is quite feasible.

It has been quite awhile since I've heard mention though of Sochi (Russia) in 2014... Is that still on? Given the current calender, that would make 21 for 2014 with New Jersey or a replacement race.

Yes, apparently in July some time.