planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:23 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: FORCE INDIA VS WILLIAMS
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:18 pm 

2012, Williams showed us that they still mean business and are ready to move up the order. Meanwhile FI have been doing considerably well as usual and inching upwards slowly too. While Williams march faltered due to driver errors, FI Did make some strategic errors for a few races. But both showed good pace on most tracks, Williams won 1 race while, FI, you can say almost did. But come 2013, both teams are gonna have fresh investments coming in, which team do you think will be on top?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:38 pm 

Pastor was explosive whilst Bruno was steady. Had Pastor kept his cool I'm convinced that Williams would have been better than eighth this year. Valtteri has looked good in the practice sessions and, assuming Pastor matures in the way we have seen other F1 drivers do, I expect Williams to have a better season in 2013.
Nico (I've finally managed to stop calling him Nick!) 'The Hulk' showed his form in the latter part of the season and, to me, is a potential race winner whilst Paul is the 'steady' driver. Depending on who is with FI next year I'm not convinced that the team will develop much on this year.
Of course all this is subject to how the cars are out of the blocks but, on driver line-up alone (subject to confirmation of the FI seats), I'd give Williams the edge.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:42 pm 

The FI lineup is still unknown and no matter who will drive alongside Di Resta, I think Hulkenberg leaving was a big loss to them. Williams on the other hand seem to have a very promising lineup for next year and since the regulations don't change too much, I expect Williams to have a car that's at least as good as this year. With better driving than this year, I expect Williams to beat at least FI and Sauber.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:45 pm 

If Pastor can get some consistency in his race performances and Bottas can qualify better than Senna, they should do much better. Last years car was better than their WCC possition would indicate. I think if anything FI will be battling with STR not to be the slowest of the more established teams.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:02 pm 

I think Mallya has a soft spot for Sutil and if he is able to sort out the legal problems then hes it. Sutil is pretty fast, maybe as good as PM, if not better. PM cautious drives were.... Ok. Some were good no doubt. Bottas remains to be seen. While di resta will be consitent most of the time. So I still think they are evenly matched.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:27 pm 

It will be near impossible for sutil to sort the legal issues especially for usa, i work for Rolls-Royce aerospace, we go all over the world building large civil aircraft engines and i can tell you now our visa for the usa is impossible to gain if you have a violent criminal conviction, which a suspended sentence is. And on our visas it is stated that we are required and experts in our field that no one else can other than our team... So unless money can make a difference to the process he wont get it as they have reserve and test drivers so cannot be deemed irreplaceable

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:27 pm 

I actually think FI had a bad year by their estimates. Start of the season I thought the would be slightly behind where Renault/Lotus were. I expected a couple of podiums from them. Williams, you could say have progressed, but they are only a shadow of what they were and could be.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:43 pm 

I think the 2012 Williams was a better car than the Force India for much of the season. To me, it seemed like Senna's lack of speed and Maldonado's crash-prone ways squandered a competitive Williams car, While Hulkenberg seemed to extract the maximum from a less competitive car and score points consistently. The drivers were the main reason that Williams finished behind FI in 2012.

Next season however, the loss of Hulkenberg will hit FI hard, with struggling Di Resta now being lead driver, though Sutil would be a fast, solid replacement for Hulk if he's re-hired.
As for Williams, Maldonado should have matured, so he can convert good positions into big points, and Bottas will need to demonstrate better pace than Senna, which I think he will.

Williams on top for 2013, though it'll be close.