planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:20 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: The rumor refuses to die
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:14 pm 

Vettel to Ferrari despite his statements?

http://english.gazzetta.it/Motor_sports ... 1429.shtml

I thought Vettel had two more years left in his contract with RB, so the earliest he could switch would be 2015.

Last edited by Iowa'sOnlyF1Viewer on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:40 pm 

No their is a clause that states he can leave if red bull fail to meet certain performance criteria, which i doubt they will

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:40 pm 

Fail to meet them... That is

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:43 pm 

potter84 wrote:
No their is a clause that states he can leave if red bull fail to meet certain performance criteria, which i doubt they will

None of us have seen the actual contract, only what we have heard from the team. I am not saying that they are lying, not at all. What we might not know if there are other considerations that could come into play.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:43 pm 

Italian press reports the man who has "stolen" two titles from them is coming their way, shocking.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:48 pm 

I believe they also reported that the man who took "two titles from them is coming their way" just a few years ago... and guess what, he did!
;)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:51 pm 

The tone of the article suggests it's a done deal. Many media reports have suggested leaking this information or just making it up was one of the "dirty tricks" Vettel was subjected to. The championship is over. If it was only a trick, how come the idea isn't dead?

Vettel to Ferrari in 2015 for sure and 2014 if a performance clause is triggered? That's my take.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:55 pm 

The day he joins Ferrari, is the day I become a Ferrari fan :]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:13 pm 

Ferrari have very little to offer him that Red Bull can't. Other than a pair of red overalls.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:20 pm 

I have a feeling that if Vettel goes to Ferrari, Newey will also go there. But it will be a situation where Vettel follows Newey, rather than vice versa.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:27 pm 

hd23 wrote:
I have a feeling that if Vettel goes to Ferrari, Newey will also go there. But it will be a situation where Vettel follows Newey, rather than vice versa.

Newey won't go to Ferrari.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:28 pm 

I think newey will retire after red bull to be honest, i don't think he will be around much more than a couple of seasons

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:32 pm 

Convinced those who think SV is currently planning a move to the team that hasn't been able to beat his in his 4 yrs there are seriously lacking all common sense.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:45 pm 

It would be outright stupid for Vettel to change team at this point. My guess is 2015 earliest, but I doubt it. I wonder if Newey is still in the game then.

Lewis Hamilton #1!

Grosjean, Räikkönen, Hülkenberg, Bianchi, Magnussen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:13 pm 

potter84 wrote:
I think newey will retire after red bull to be honest, i don't think he will be around much more than a couple of seasons

Newey is still a young man I don't think he will be out of F1 in the next 10 years. As for Vettel going to Ferrari in 2014 I think it will happen and I think Ferrari deciding to continue with Massa is a big sign of that.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:26 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
Convinced those who think SV is currently planning a move to the team that hasn't been able to beat his in his 4 yrs there are seriously lacking all common sense.

Drivers move teams when they want a new challenge. Even Vettel will want away from Red Bull at some stage and if he is going to move from them then there is only one place really for him to go, Ferrari. He saw his hero, Schuey, move there from the team he grew up in F1 with because he wanted a challenge that would make him an even better driver. I can see Vettel wanting to do the same.

Look at Hamilton, no one really thought he'd move away from McLaren but he's had to and it could either make or break him but if he succeeds he's proved he doesn't need McLaren. Vettel will at some stage want to prove he can win without Red Bull and probably Newey.

Get well soon Schumi. Keep fighting as hard as we know you can. Thinking of Corinna, Gina-Maria, Mick and the rest of the Schumacher family.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:58 pm 

MikeV1987 wrote:
hd23 wrote:

Oh yes he will.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:04 am 

ashley313 wrote:

Not if Newey goes along with him they are not. Newey has worked for Williams, Macca, really turned around red bull fully cementing his reputation as the no1. designer in the sport. Do you think such a student of F1 as he is would never move to Ferrari? I would have thought he'd be more likely to move, rather than less, particularly if Vettel goes too.

I think it is quite likely both will end up at Ferrari in another couple of years or so... by which time both will be ready for a new challenge. Why not the ultimate one?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:06 am 

Gingerman wrote:
MikeV1987 wrote:
hd23 wrote:

Oh yes he will.

his wife wont relocate apparently and he himself said he had the chance and it passed and he doesn't see himself there in the future, so unless you know something even the man himself doesn't??

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:08 am 

The challenge of winning with Red Bull hasn't stopped. Its only gotten harder, and will continue to.

Read up on the guys. Read their own words. Understand the history they each have. If you do, it becomes more clear that its incredibly unlikely either is considering a move to Ferrari in the near future, and that both very much do live in the present, not worrying about 3, 4 years from now. Also helps to understand the kind of challenges they do relish, and why.

Last edited by ashley313 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:09 am 

potter84 wrote:
Gingerman wrote:
MikeV1987 wrote:
hd23 wrote:

Oh yes he will.

his wife wont relocate apparently and he himself said he had the chance and it passed and he doesn't see himself there in the future, so unless you know something even the man himself doesn't??

In a recent inteview with Sky/BBC (I forget which) he said he'd love the challenge of working at Ferrari at some point in his career and essentially said, 'never say never'... Horner was stood right next to him at the time.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:13 am 

Gingerman wrote:
potter84 wrote:
Gingerman wrote:
MikeV1987 wrote:
hd23 wrote:

Oh yes he will.

In a recent inteview with Sky/BBC (I forget which) he said he'd love the challenge of working at Ferrari at some point in his career and essentially said, 'never say never'... Horner was stood right next to him at the time.

He also said, on Sky, that the window for that has come and gone.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:14 am 

ashley313 wrote:

I really hope your right!
Gingerman wrote:
ashley313 wrote:

Not if Newey goes along with him they are not. Newey has worked for Williams, Macca, really turned around red bull fully cementing his reputation as the no1. designer in the sport. Do you think such a student of F1 as he is would never move to Ferrari? I would have thought he'd be more likely to move, rather than less, particularly if Vettel goes too.
I think it is quite likely both will end up at Ferrari in another couple of years or so... by which time both will be ready for a new challenge. Why not the ultimate one?

Because the ultimate challenge would be with a smaller team, like Williams (again) or Lotus (Renault, again), Force India or Mercedes - Benz, personally i would love to see Newey with a real budget at Caterham.
To be honest i just don't want either Newey or Vettel to go to ferrari. I suppose it's because i have an unshakeable and quite unhealthy, at times illogical dislike for them but i do so i'm really hoping they don't go there!

Last edited by veemax on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:15 am 

These guys aren't going anywhere (except maybe fashion prison) :P

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:21 am 

Vettel will not go to Ferrari. He would have to be a complete idiot to leave a team with the best car designer, highest budget and best recent track record of winning. The only way I see him leaving is if Red Bull decides to call it a day in F1, something I don't see happening in the foreseeable future.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:33 am 

ashley313 wrote:
These guys aren't going anywhere (except maybe fashion prison) :P

Newey looks like he's wearing his PJ shirt with a Christmas bow for a tie.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:40 am 

RaggedMan wrote:
Newey looks like he's wearing his EJ shirt with a Christmas bow for a tie.

Fixed that for you!

/threadjack

haha...get it....thread? clothes? tee hee hee. kI'llstopnow.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:43 am 

Vettel will get thrashed by Massa you heard it here first.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:06 am 

Well, considering that Dr. Helmut Marko and Seb himself have both said his contract runs through 2014...

And yes, there was some sidebar discussion of performance clauses in one of the midseason interviews...

Does anyone really expect RBR to be SO far down the ranking that a performance clause would kick in after next year? So 2014 is a wise choice, see how the teams shake out with the new engines and regs. But Alonso is, IIRC, contracted through 2016. Would Vettel really want to go there? Would Alsonso allow someone else to be equal, let alone #1? Not blessed likely.

Regards.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:09 am 

Webber is more likely to be the next Ferrari driver than Vettel although I don't think either will end up there in the near future.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:14 am 

Well, if he does go there, the later the better, I hope he wins the WDC with them on his first year and de-crown Kimi as their last WDC

:D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:28 am 

It makes no sense to me. Alonso is still a young man, and its unlikely he's going to retire in the next couple of years.

I can't see Seb moving to Ferrari whilst Alonso is there. Similarly, I can't see Alonso putting up with it!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:41 am 

Never say never guys. Ferrari is a team with rich history. Don't take what the drivers say to the media to be the absolute truth. These guys just give answers that mean nothing sometimes. Vetel may indeed be moving to Ferrari in 2015 but he is hardly going to say that out loud in 2012 now is he?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:58 am 

Ferrari realised many years ago, that having the 'best' driver on the grid with a team mate who is a v good driver (but not good enough to challenge) - wins WCC and WDC titles.

Alonso and Seb are never going to be good team mates, as its unlikely a clear no. 1 would emerge - leading to them taking points off each other and generally causing difficulties in the team.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:02 am 

LKS1 wrote:
Ferrari realised many years ago, that having the 'best' driver on the grid with a team mate who is a v good driver (but not good enough to challenge) - wins WCC and WDC titles.

Alonso and Seb are never going to be good team mates, as its unlikely a clear no. 1 would emerge - leading to them taking points off each other and generally causing difficulties in the team.

They had Kimi and Massa together and they were very close to each other and if Ferrari could have cut out some stupid mistakes, they could have had Kimi as WDC in one season and Massa as WDC in another season.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:11 am 

BlackMist wrote:
LKS1 wrote:

They had Kimi and Massa together and they were very close to each other and if Ferrari could have cut out some stupid mistakes, they could have had Kimi as WDC in one season and Massa as WDC in another season.

My reading of events was that Luca thought that Kimi would show himself to be the clear 'leader' over Massa - in the same way Schumi had dominated Massa.

Luca was wrong... and, (IMO) seriously hurt the team in his determination to gain control over Ferrari F1. But I'd be suprised if he hasn't learned from his mistakes, and would be unlikely to bring in a driver who would challenge Alonso.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:50 am 

LKS1 wrote:
BlackMist wrote:
LKS1 wrote:

My reading of events was that Luca thought that Kimi would show himself to be the clear 'leader' over Massa - in the same way Schumi had dominated Massa.

Luca was wrong... and, (IMO) seriously hurt the team in his determination to gain control over Ferrari F1. But I'd be suprised if he hasn't learned from his mistakes, and would be unlikely to bring in a driver who would challenge Alonso.

I agree. I don't see Vettel and Alonso teaming up. If Vettel is coming to Ferrari in 2015 then Alonso will be leaving. Does anyone know when does Alonso's contract at Ferrari run out?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:19 am 

BlackMist wrote:
LKS1 wrote:
BlackMist wrote:
LKS1 wrote:

I agree. I don't see Vettel and Alonso teaming up. If Vettel is coming to Ferrari in 2015 then Alonso will be leaving. Does anyone know when does Alonso's contract at Ferrari run out?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:28 am 

LKS1 wrote:

That doesn't quite stand up to the facts.In the three Kimi-Massa years Ferrari won 3 titles: 1 WDC, 2 Constructors championships and lost another WDC by one corner. In the three Alonso-Massa years they have won O, that says it all. Perhaps what you are trying to say is that 2 competitive drivers in the same team don't work when one of the drivers is not a team player, in which case I agree. I agree that there is no way Vettlel (or any other star driver) joins Ferrari while Alonso is there.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:37 am 

iceman_fan90 wrote:
That doesn't quite stand up to the facts.In the three Kimi-Massa years Ferrari won 3 titles: 1 WDC, 2 Constructors championships and lost another WDC by one corner. In the three Alonso-Massa years they have won O, that says it all.
Actually not. Maybe if you go back in time and switch their seats in 2007 you could get an idea but... oh wait