planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:25 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:18 am 

Oh come people, is this how low the forum is going to stoop in the off season. Talk about sour grapes by certain fans of the winning driver & team. You should look at the posts of ashley313. Until Vettel & Red Bull won both of the Championships & she changed her sig, I had no idea that she was a supporter. Why? Because her posts were always intelligent, well thought out & balanced. Maybe you could learn from that. I also can't believe how many people think that everything they read on the internet or in a newspaper article is factual &/or a balanced view of an interview with any driver. I have watched live interviews & read stories afterwards that totally changed & twisted what drivers said to satisfy whatever point of view that particular reporter had decided to take. That includes Alonso, Hamilton, Button, Schumacher, Vettel, Webber, Massa & Kimi. Sort of covers the most important drivers in F1.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:30 am 

rob_the_shark wrote:
Was it just me who assumed this thread would be about drivers being allowed to have horns which they can sound when they feel another driver has impeded them

no i did too.
hoping this was a 2013 regulation change :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:41 am 

Hakkattack wrote:
I don't think a driver needs to explain to me how great he is. For him to say titles are not what matters is hysterical. Yes, he had a killer year, but let others praise you. You don't need to explain to the world why you are so great
He was just summing up his season, he could not win but he got the consolation to know that he gained a lot of respect this year. I think that the samurai thing is kind of a play, maybe at Ferrari they're brainwashing him to create the perfect racing machine!

And yes, when he says "I don't care about what people think of me in Germany" he means people like you, BUT when he says "people huge me in the streets" he's reminding that he has a huge fanbase and that there are people (around 1,37 million only in twitter) who secretly support him ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:34 pm 

I think it's massively unlikely anyone would get past many of the junior formulae without an attitude like Alonso's. F1 is best of the best, and he is one of the best of the best of the best.

Also, don't forget, those comments are probably direct responses to questions.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:36 pm 

Alonso can toot his own horn if he wants as long as he does it in private...

Get well soon Schumi. Keep fighting as hard as we know you can. Thinking of Corinna, Gina-Maria, Mick and the rest of the Schumacher family.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:47 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
Alonso can toot his own horn if he wants as long as he does it in private...

:lol: :lol: Touche :D