planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:03 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Drive of the season
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:59 pm
Posts: 198
Button in Spa? What leading from the front in the fastest car.

No wonder he won British driver of the year.

For Quali i think i would give it to Maldonado in Singapore

Race i would go for Lewis in Austin - i think this won him the era club award from the brdc for most meritorious performance


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drive of the season
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:59 pm
Posts: 198
stevey wrote:
Hamilton @ Canada, Austin
Vettel @ singapore, Japan (utter dominance)


Yes after Lewis was out of the race


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drive of the season
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 pm
Posts: 4706
Location: Ireland
MclarenBullet wrote:
Button in Spa? What leading from the front in the fastest car.

The weekend as a whole. He did the best job in the limited time available to practice.
Really was impressive stuff.

_________________
"I am a believer, but I start each Grand Prix with 195 liters of fuel behind me," he explains. "I don't rely entirely on God, I rely on Prost."


#14 for '14


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drive of the season
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 7427
Location: London
mcdo wrote:
MclarenBullet wrote:
Button in Spa? What leading from the front in the fastest car.

The weekend as a whole. He did the best job in the limited time available to practice.
Really was impressive stuff.

Exactly. He hammered Hamilton in Quali in a way he'd never done before and a way no one thought he could do. I have no doubt that in the race he'd have been way way ahead of Lewis again if Hamilton hadn't got involved with RoGro. Button was on fire that weekend, unbeatable.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drive of the season
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:59 pm
Posts: 198
Laura23 wrote:
mcdo wrote:
MclarenBullet wrote:
Button in Spa? What leading from the front in the fastest car.

The weekend as a whole. He did the best job in the limited time available to practice.
Really was impressive stuff.

Exactly. He hammered Hamilton in Quali in a way he'd never done before and a way no one thought he could do. I have no doubt that in the race he'd have been way way ahead of Lewis again if Hamilton hadn't got involved with RoGro. Button was on fire that weekend, unbeatable.


Agree but just because he destroyed Hamilton that one rare weekend in both Quali and the race it turns into drive of the season, errrrr NO!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drive of the season
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 7427
Location: London
MclarenBullet wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
mcdo wrote:
MclarenBullet wrote:
Button in Spa? What leading from the front in the fastest car.

The weekend as a whole. He did the best job in the limited time available to practice.
Really was impressive stuff.

Exactly. He hammered Hamilton in Quali in a way he'd never done before and a way no one thought he could do. I have no doubt that in the race he'd have been way way ahead of Lewis again if Hamilton hadn't got involved with RoGro. Button was on fire that weekend, unbeatable.


Agree but just because he destroyed Hamilton that one rare weekend in both Quali and the race it turns into drive of the season, errrrr NO!!!

Well yes. The thread is about the driver of the season. Some of us have chosen Button at Spa and given our reasons for that, if you don;t like that you'll just have to lump it. Our opinions are as valid as yours after all.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drive of the season
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:59 pm
Posts: 198
Laura23 wrote:
MclarenBullet wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
mcdo wrote:
MclarenBullet wrote:
Button in Spa? What leading from the front in the fastest car.

The weekend as a whole. He did the best job in the limited time available to practice.
Really was impressive stuff.

Exactly. He hammered Hamilton in Quali in a way he'd never done before and a way no one thought he could do. I have no doubt that in the race he'd have been way way ahead of Lewis again if Hamilton hadn't got involved with RoGro. Button was on fire that weekend, unbeatable.


Agree but just because he destroyed Hamilton that one rare weekend in both Quali and the race it turns into drive of the season, errrrr NO!!!

Well yes. The thread is about the driver of the season. Some of us have chosen Button at Spa and given our reasons for that, if you don;t like that you'll just have to lump it. Our opinions are as valid as yours after all.


Again, not suprised Jenson got British driver of the year.

But you are correct, it is you opinion Laura


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drive of the season
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 pm
Posts: 4706
Location: Ireland
MclarenBullet wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
MclarenBullet wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Exactly. He hammered Hamilton in Quali in a way he'd never done before and a way no one thought he could do. I have no doubt that in the race he'd have been way way ahead of Lewis again if Hamilton hadn't got involved with RoGro. Button was on fire that weekend, unbeatable.


Agree but just because he destroyed Hamilton that one rare weekend in both Quali and the race it turns into drive of the season, errrrr NO!!!

Well yes. The thread is about the driver of the season. Some of us have chosen Button at Spa and given our reasons for that, if you don;t like that you'll just have to lump it. Our opinions are as valid as yours after all.


Again, not suprised Jenson got British driver of the year.

But you are correct, it is you opinion Laura
If the Saubers got through turn 1 and finished on the podium I would be looking at them too.
My reason for picking Jense is how well he set the McLaren up in such a short space of time. Absolutely nobody was close to him in the qualy or the race. The Sauber boys did a fantastic job too but they didn't get much of a race.

_________________
"I am a believer, but I start each Grand Prix with 195 liters of fuel behind me," he explains. "I don't rely entirely on God, I rely on Prost."


#14 for '14


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drive of the season
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:37 pm
Posts: 854
MclarenBullet wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
mcdo wrote:
MclarenBullet wrote:
Button in Spa? What leading from the front in the fastest car.

The weekend as a whole. He did the best job in the limited time available to practice.
Really was impressive stuff.

Exactly. He hammered Hamilton in Quali in a way he'd never done before and a way no one thought he could do. I have no doubt that in the race he'd have been way way ahead of Lewis again if Hamilton hadn't got involved with RoGro. Button was on fire that weekend, unbeatable.


Agree but just because he destroyed Hamilton that one rare weekend in both Quali and the race it turns into drive of the season, errrrr NO!!!

Well, Hamilton drove about 150m in the race, how can you talk about the race? Nobody knows what could have been if Grosjean had not taken Hamilton & Alonso out.

_________________
"Everything you can imagine is real." Pablo Picasso


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drive of the season
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:37 pm
Posts: 854
Laura23 wrote:
MclarenBullet wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
mcdo wrote:
MclarenBullet wrote:
Button in Spa? What leading from the front in the fastest car.

The weekend as a whole. He did the best job in the limited time available to practice.
Really was impressive stuff.

Exactly. He hammered Hamilton in Quali in a way he'd never done before and a way no one thought he could do. I have no doubt that in the race he'd have been way way ahead of Lewis again if Hamilton hadn't got involved with RoGro. Button was on fire that weekend, unbeatable.


Agree but just because he destroyed Hamilton that one rare weekend in both Quali and the race it turns into drive of the season, errrrr NO!!!

Well yes. The thread is about the driver of the season. Some of us have chosen Button at Spa and given our reasons for that, if you don;t like that you'll just have to lump it. Our opinions are as valid as yours after all.

it's about the DRIVE of the season, not the driver Ladies

_________________
"Everything you can imagine is real." Pablo Picasso


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drive of the season
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 7427
Location: London
Haribo wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
MclarenBullet wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
mcdo wrote:
The weekend as a whole. He did the best job in the limited time available to practice.
Really was impressive stuff.

Exactly. He hammered Hamilton in Quali in a way he'd never done before and a way no one thought he could do. I have no doubt that in the race he'd have been way way ahead of Lewis again if Hamilton hadn't got involved with RoGro. Button was on fire that weekend, unbeatable.


Agree but just because he destroyed Hamilton that one rare weekend in both Quali and the race it turns into drive of the season, errrrr NO!!!

Well yes. The thread is about the driver of the season. Some of us have chosen Button at Spa and given our reasons for that, if you don;t like that you'll just have to lump it. Our opinions are as valid as yours after all.

it's about the DRIVE of the season, not the driver Ladies

Typo. Innocent typo. Button isn't my driver of the season. Honest.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drive of the season
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 9:04 pm
Posts: 1090
Laura23 wrote:
Schumacher aged 43 got Pole in that Mercedes round the hardest track to get a perfect lap on the calender. The Merc wasn't the best car on the grid in 2012 yet on that day Schumacher went faster than everyone in it. It was that one dose of the old magic everyone had been waiting for. For that lap Schumacher was the same man who won 7WDC and it was glorious.


That Mercedes? Didn't Rosberg qualified 3rd (2nd with Schumi's penalty) and finished 2nd as well?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drive of the season
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 7427
Location: London
VDV23 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Schumacher aged 43 got Pole in that Mercedes round the hardest track to get a perfect lap on the calender. The Merc wasn't the best car on the grid in 2012 yet on that day Schumacher went faster than everyone in it. It was that one dose of the old magic everyone had been waiting for. For that lap Schumacher was the same man who won 7WDC and it was glorious.


That Mercedes? Didn't Rosberg qualified 3rd (2nd with Schumi's penalty) and finished 2nd as well?

Yes and Rosberg was very impressive that weekend himself. But it wasn't as fast as the Red Bull's or Mclaren's all year.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drive of the season
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:37 pm
Posts: 854
Laura23 wrote:
Haribo wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
MclarenBullet wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Exactly. He hammered Hamilton in Quali in a way he'd never done before and a way no one thought he could do. I have no doubt that in the race he'd have been way way ahead of Lewis again if Hamilton hadn't got involved with RoGro. Button was on fire that weekend, unbeatable.


Agree but just because he destroyed Hamilton that one rare weekend in both Quali and the race it turns into drive of the season, errrrr NO!!!

Well yes. The thread is about the driver of the season. Some of us have chosen Button at Spa and given our reasons for that, if you don;t like that you'll just have to lump it. Our opinions are as valid as yours after all.

it's about the DRIVE of the season, not the driver Ladies

Typo. Innocent typo. Button isn't my driver of the season. Honest.

He was very good at Spa without a doubt.

_________________
"Everything you can imagine is real." Pablo Picasso


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drive of the season
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 9:04 pm
Posts: 1090
Laura23 wrote:
VDV23 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Schumacher aged 43 got Pole in that Mercedes round the hardest track to get a perfect lap on the calender. The Merc wasn't the best car on the grid in 2012 yet on that day Schumacher went faster than everyone in it. It was that one dose of the old magic everyone had been waiting for. For that lap Schumacher was the same man who won 7WDC and it was glorious.


That Mercedes? Didn't Rosberg qualified 3rd (2nd with Schumi's penalty) and finished 2nd as well?

Yes and Rosberg was very impressive that weekend himself. But it wasn't as fast as the Red Bull's or Mclaren's all year.


Over the whole year, of course not. But in Monte Carlo the Merc was actually much better than the McLaren.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drive of the season
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:37 pm
Posts: 854
VDV23 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
VDV23 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Schumacher aged 43 got Pole in that Mercedes round the hardest track to get a perfect lap on the calender. The Merc wasn't the best car on the grid in 2012 yet on that day Schumacher went faster than everyone in it. It was that one dose of the old magic everyone had been waiting for. For that lap Schumacher was the same man who won 7WDC and it was glorious.


That Mercedes? Didn't Rosberg qualified 3rd (2nd with Schumi's penalty) and finished 2nd as well?

Yes and Rosberg was very impressive that weekend himself. But it wasn't as fast as the Red Bull's or Mclaren's all year.


Over the whole year, of course not. But in Monte Carlo the Merc was actually much better than the McLaren.

Mclaren does not suit to Monaco for quite some years. One of their worst tracks

_________________
"Everything you can imagine is real." Pablo Picasso


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drive of the season
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:40 am
Posts: 50
Vettel, Yas Marina


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drive of the season
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:01 pm
Posts: 13
jammin78 wrote:
Lewis in USA/Abu Dhabi/Singapore/Monza/Hungary/Korea/Canada/Brazil... USA was epic, Abu Dhabi and Singapore he was pole and 1st all the way until car broke down, which is excellent. Monza he did it again, but Perez was right on his tail so maybe not as good. Hungary again, but had Kimi on his tail. Canada was epic. Brazil was good until he found a Caterham in his way. Lewis takes it for "should've been drives of the season" :P

Vettel at Spa... his Abu Dhabi and Brazil races were great in terms of places gained, but attrocious in terms of driver skill I thought, far too scrappy to be drives of the season. Spa was a brilliantly executed race though.

Button at Spa/Australia. Spa was the complete package, brilliant.

Maldo at Spain.

Alonso at Valencia.

Rosberg in China...

Massa in Japan...

Koba in Japan...

There's a lot to choose from! I might just go with Seb at Spa, that one stands out as it made me appreciate him more than I did before hand. But for the complete weekend (pole/race) I'll go with Button at Spa/Vettel at Japan.


car breaking down is excellent???


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drive of the season
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 11:47 pm
Posts: 917
Seb at Spa.

_________________
Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have the skill & the will but the will must be stronger than the skill. Muhammad Ali


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Drive of the season
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:36 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:29 pm
Posts: 1364
Location: Wrexham, UK
ejhighflyer wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
Lewis in USA/Abu Dhabi/Singapore/Monza/Hungary/Korea/Canada/Brazil... USA was epic, Abu Dhabi and Singapore he was pole and 1st all the way until car broke down, which is excellent. Monza he did it again, but Perez was right on his tail so maybe not as good. Hungary again, but had Kimi on his tail. Canada was epic. Brazil was good until he found a Caterham in his way. Lewis takes it for "should've been drives of the season" :P

Vettel at Spa... his Abu Dhabi and Brazil races were great in terms of places gained, but attrocious in terms of driver skill I thought, far too scrappy to be drives of the season. Spa was a brilliantly executed race though.

Button at Spa/Australia. Spa was the complete package, brilliant.

Maldo at Spain.

Alonso at Valencia.

Rosberg in China...

Massa in Japan...

Koba in Japan...

There's a lot to choose from! I might just go with Seb at Spa, that one stands out as it made me appreciate him more than I did before hand. But for the complete weekend (pole/race) I'll go with Button at Spa/Vettel at Japan.


car breaking down is excellent???

Oops, that's not what I meant, I was screaming at the TV when the car broke down haha! Meant to say his pole position and race leading was excellent, UNTIL the car gave up. Cheers for pointing that out haha!

_________________
"You are the universe expressing itself as a Human for a little while..."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AdsBot [Google], AngusWolfe, Colo134, jammin78, mikeyg123, pubpokerplayer, purchville, zaar and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group