planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Drive of the season
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:54 pm 

Button in Spa? What leading from the front in the fastest car.

No wonder he won British driver of the year.

For Quali i think i would give it to Maldonado in Singapore

Race i would go for Lewis in Austin - i think this won him the era club award from the brdc for most meritorious performance

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:56 pm 

stevey wrote:
Hamilton @ Canada, Austin
Vettel @ singapore, Japan (utter dominance)

Yes after Lewis was out of the race

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:58 pm 

MclarenBullet wrote:

The weekend as a whole. He did the best job in the limited time available to practice.
Really was impressive stuff.

#14 for '14

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:00 pm 

mcdo wrote:
MclarenBullet wrote:

The weekend as a whole. He did the best job in the limited time available to practice.

Exactly. He hammered Hamilton in Quali in a way he'd never done before and a way no one thought he could do. I have no doubt that in the race he'd have been way way ahead of Lewis again if Hamilton hadn't got involved with RoGro. Button was on fire that weekend, unbeatable.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:02 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
mcdo wrote:
MclarenBullet wrote:

Exactly. He hammered Hamilton in Quali in a way he'd never done before and a way no one thought he could do. I have no doubt that in the race he'd have been way way ahead of Lewis again if Hamilton hadn't got involved with RoGro. Button was on fire that weekend, unbeatable.

Agree but just because he destroyed Hamilton that one rare weekend in both Quali and the race it turns into drive of the season, errrrr NO!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:03 pm 

MclarenBullet wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
mcdo wrote:
MclarenBullet wrote:

Agree but just because he destroyed Hamilton that one rare weekend in both Quali and the race it turns into drive of the season, errrrr NO!!!

Well yes. The thread is about the driver of the season. Some of us have chosen Button at Spa and given our reasons for that, if you don;t like that you'll just have to lump it. Our opinions are as valid as yours after all.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:08 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
MclarenBullet wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
mcdo wrote:
MclarenBullet wrote:

Well yes. The thread is about the driver of the season. Some of us have chosen Button at Spa and given our reasons for that, if you don;t like that you'll just have to lump it. Our opinions are as valid as yours after all.

Again, not suprised Jenson got British driver of the year.

But you are correct, it is you opinion Laura

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:15 pm 

MclarenBullet wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
MclarenBullet wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

Again, not suprised Jenson got British driver of the year.

But you are correct, it is you opinion Laura
If the Saubers got through turn 1 and finished on the podium I would be looking at them too.
My reason for picking Jense is how well he set the McLaren up in such a short space of time. Absolutely nobody was close to him in the qualy or the race. The Sauber boys did a fantastic job too but they didn't get much of a race.

#14 for '14

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:42 pm 

MclarenBullet wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
mcdo wrote:
MclarenBullet wrote:

Well, Hamilton drove about 150m in the race, how can you talk about the race? Nobody knows what could have been if Grosjean had not taken Hamilton & Alonso out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:44 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
MclarenBullet wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
mcdo wrote:
MclarenBullet wrote:

it's about the DRIVE of the season, not the driver Ladies

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:46 pm 

Haribo wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
MclarenBullet wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
mcdo wrote:

Typo. Innocent typo. Button isn't my driver of the season. Honest.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:52 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
Schumacher aged 43 got Pole in that Mercedes round the hardest track to get a perfect lap on the calender. The Merc wasn't the best car on the grid in 2012 yet on that day Schumacher went faster than everyone in it. It was that one dose of the old magic everyone had been waiting for. For that lap Schumacher was the same man who won 7WDC and it was glorious.

That Mercedes? Didn't Rosberg qualified 3rd (2nd with Schumi's penalty) and finished 2nd as well?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:13 pm 

VDV23 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Schumacher aged 43 got Pole in that Mercedes round the hardest track to get a perfect lap on the calender. The Merc wasn't the best car on the grid in 2012 yet on that day Schumacher went faster than everyone in it. It was that one dose of the old magic everyone had been waiting for. For that lap Schumacher was the same man who won 7WDC and it was glorious.

That Mercedes? Didn't Rosberg qualified 3rd (2nd with Schumi's penalty) and finished 2nd as well?

Yes and Rosberg was very impressive that weekend himself. But it wasn't as fast as the Red Bull's or Mclaren's all year.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:16 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
Haribo wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
MclarenBullet wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

Typo. Innocent typo. Button isn't my driver of the season. Honest.

He was very good at Spa without a doubt.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:23 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
VDV23 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

Yes and Rosberg was very impressive that weekend himself. But it wasn't as fast as the Red Bull's or Mclaren's all year.

Over the whole year, of course not. But in Monte Carlo the Merc was actually much better than the McLaren.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:25 pm 

VDV23 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
VDV23 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

Over the whole year, of course not. But in Monte Carlo the Merc was actually much better than the McLaren.

Mclaren does not suit to Monaco for quite some years. One of their worst tracks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:36 pm 

Vettel, Yas Marina

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:13 pm 

jammin78 wrote:
Lewis in USA/Abu Dhabi/Singapore/Monza/Hungary/Korea/Canada/Brazil... USA was epic, Abu Dhabi and Singapore he was pole and 1st all the way until car broke down, which is excellent. Monza he did it again, but Perez was right on his tail so maybe not as good. Hungary again, but had Kimi on his tail. Canada was epic. Brazil was good until he found a Caterham in his way. Lewis takes it for "should've been drives of the season" :P

Vettel at Spa... his Abu Dhabi and Brazil races were great in terms of places gained, but attrocious in terms of driver skill I thought, far too scrappy to be drives of the season. Spa was a brilliantly executed race though.

Button at Spa/Australia. Spa was the complete package, brilliant.

Maldo at Spain.

Alonso at Valencia.

Rosberg in China...

Massa in Japan...

Koba in Japan...

There's a lot to choose from! I might just go with Seb at Spa, that one stands out as it made me appreciate him more than I did before hand. But for the complete weekend (pole/race) I'll go with Button at Spa/Vettel at Japan.

car breaking down is excellent???

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:47 am 

Seb at Spa.

Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have the skill & the will but the will must be stronger than the skill. Muhammad Ali

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:36 am 

ejhighflyer wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
Lewis in USA/Abu Dhabi/Singapore/Monza/Hungary/Korea/Canada/Brazil... USA was epic, Abu Dhabi and Singapore he was pole and 1st all the way until car broke down, which is excellent. Monza he did it again, but Perez was right on his tail so maybe not as good. Hungary again, but had Kimi on his tail. Canada was epic. Brazil was good until he found a Caterham in his way. Lewis takes it for "should've been drives of the season" :P

Vettel at Spa... his Abu Dhabi and Brazil races were great in terms of places gained, but attrocious in terms of driver skill I thought, far too scrappy to be drives of the season. Spa was a brilliantly executed race though.

Button at Spa/Australia. Spa was the complete package, brilliant.

Maldo at Spain.

Alonso at Valencia.

Rosberg in China...

Massa in Japan...

Koba in Japan...

There's a lot to choose from! I might just go with Seb at Spa, that one stands out as it made me appreciate him more than I did before hand. But for the complete weekend (pole/race) I'll go with Button at Spa/Vettel at Japan.

car breaking down is excellent???

Oops, that's not what I meant, I was screaming at the TV when the car broke down haha! Meant to say his pole position and race leading was excellent, UNTIL the car gave up. Cheers for pointing that out haha!