planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:50 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:04 pm 

Location: Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
There's been a story knocking about for some time that a senior F1 figure is about to start a war with Bernie. Speed Week have named Adam Parr and it doesn't seem to surprise anyone, though it's not been confirmed by any relevant party.

The theory is Parr's sudden departure from Williams was down to Bernie (as most of us assumed). The fact they hated eachother was no secret and it seems Bernie might have leveraged Williams to sack him by offering two potential agreements under the new concorde: sod all, or a decent deal if they sack Parr.

Personally the circumstantial evidence is enough to convince me, but I repeat this is not official.

Various sites are covering it if you google search, but there's not much info at this stage.

of Alice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:15 pm 

Interesting.

Bernie's obviously not daft, but at the same time times are changing and Bernie's way of doing things (or at least how many assume he does things) is potentially going to get him clobbered.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:17 pm 

Adam Parr is a very smart bloke by all accounts. I think he has a law degree too.

If it's all true he must have a fairly solid case.

But then he also has a book out so the cynic says he's after a bit of publicity.

Edit would be funny if it turned out to be Flabio. :lol: :lol:

"Singapore was Bernies idea"

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:38 pm 

I like Bernie but I see he has ruffled a lot of feathers lately. Too many people suing him. No doubt previously he had run F1 like a dictatorship. I wont be surprised if he still does it a little bit. I remember Damon Hill talking about Bernie about some washed out race In the Late 80's cant remember. None of the drivers wanted to race. Senna was the only guy in the car all ready to race. So Bernie calmly walked to the pits where all the drivers were having a discussion. He listens to them and then goes, "Your racing, your racing your racing....." pointing at one after the other. It was hilarious to hear that story.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:41 pm 

It all sounds plausible because we're talking about Bernie Ecclestone after all.

Makes me laugh when people going on about "sportsmanlike behaviour" and "spirit of the rules".
Even those in command don't play by the book. They never have and likely never will.
The teams will naturally follow suit. From the top of the sport down to the guy changing the tyres - nice guys will always finish last in F1.

F1 has been an underhanded business for many a decade (possibly its entire existence) but the unscrupulous nature of the beast keeps me enthralled. Every facet of the sport is fascinating from the politics & big money dealings right down to petty on-track battles between 24 men in 24 cars (many of which, it could be argued, are simply pawns in a much bigger game of business).

Anyway it's stuff like this that seems to make me immune to shock when it comes to F1. Spygate, Liegate, Crashgate, none of it was really shocking at all. I'll be shocked if the "-gate" suffix gets dropped.

#14 for '14