planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:51 am

All times are UTC

Who would do better in an F1 Spec Series?
Vettel 13%  13%  [ 17 ]
Webber 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Alonso 21%  21%  [ 27 ]
Massa 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hamilton 34%  34%  [ 44 ]
Button 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
Raikkonen 9%  9%  [ 12 ]
Grosjean 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Schumacher 5%  5%  [ 6 ]
Rosberg 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hulkenberg 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
Di Resta 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Maldonado 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Senna 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Perez 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Kobayashi 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ricciardo 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Vergne 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Kovalainen 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Petrov 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Karthikeyan 6%  6%  [ 8 ]
Super Pedro 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Pic 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Glock 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 129
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:16 am 

I am an F1 fan & not a fan of any driver though there are some admire more than others.
It still amazes me how many there are trying to put Seb down.
Every one accepts how fast & good Lewis is yet at Brazil with a badly wounded car Seb was 6 seconds faster than Lewis on slicks in the wet. Lewis was leading at the time & Seb was trying to catch the backmarkers so was probably on the limit.

Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have the skill & the will but the will must be stronger than the skill. Muhammad Ali

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:54 am 

depending on the spec.

Nearly all of the field won/dominated in a spec series previously

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:33 am 

Armchair Expert wrote:
Bruce_70 wrote:
You seem to have an agenda with Vettels performance, or why else did you leave out 2004? He won 18 out of 20 races in the Formula BMW ADAC spec series.
I guess he would do pretty well. Your attempt to downgrade Vettels class smells of bitterness.

Because Formula BMW isn't a series I rate. GP3, GP2, WsbR and F3 back in the day are all categories with good competition and from such results we can take who's special and who's not.

How Vettel can be special and the one to shine in spec series if he:

-lost to di Resta in equal cars in the same team in 2006
-during 2,5 years in F3 and WsbR he scored only 2 pole positions, 5 wins and 7 fastest laps?

And now suddenly in 5,5 years he's the youngest 3 WDC, with 36 pole positions, 26 wins and 15 fastest laps, all achieved against the best drivers in the world and on a grid which is universally accepted as the strongest since 25 years.

In equal cars he was only good driver and in F1, when car is everything, he is dominating. I think the answer why is that is pretty clear.

So yes, I think in equal cars, on equal conditions without any prefferential treatment, Vettel would struggle somewhere in upper midfield.

Well, repeating your nonsense conclusion doesn't make it sound any better.
You also forgot that Vettel was test driver in 2005 and 2006 for the BMW Williams team and so it seems people who know much better than you about Vettels class soon recognized his outstanding talent.
Another fact is that all F1 team bosses are asked each year which driver is best in their opinion. So who got the most points from them in (over) the last three years?
It's Vettel. So the paddock knows exactly how to rate Vettel, no matter which F1-car he would drive.