planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:03 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Enjoying Planet F1 forum
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:38 am 

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it but I just wanted to say how much I am loving this forum and how much I appreciate the input from everyone here.

I don't post often but usually spend my lunch break on here looking up various threads. There are so many new threads started every day and great informative discussion. I get excited to come on each day and check it.

Great work guys. Thank you. :thumbup: :-P

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:49 am 

I agree, we just witnessed one of the most incredible seasons of F1 ever together and there's some great discussions here, no matter who you support

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:33 am 

It's a great sport involving fascinating people and wonderful fans.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:42 am 

It's one of my favorite ways to relax.
Some of the posters here are pretty knowledgeable and the rest are equally passionate ;)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:25 am 

Well, I'd have to say I'm glad I registered. After all the ridiculous comments I've seen the past years on twitter, youtube, and even on the PF1 main page (news comments), this place is like heaven. Most people here have their preferences in terms of drivers (as is to be expected), but can still be quite objective.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:45 am 

Despite our many differences and opinions, in the end we're all fans of a great sport. What we have in common is greater than our differences, and if I was to meet any fellow PF1 forum member on the street, I'd invite him (or her) to a cold beer.

We are all sharing, learning, and overall having a good time.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:17 am 

Its definitely entertaining sometimes how people are on the defensive straight away!

i love it!

roll on 2013

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:09 am 

:thumbup:

Maria de Villota

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:10 am 

Ditto!

Been a lurker since 2007-8 I guess....registered in 2011...and now PF1 Forum is one of those forums which visit daily. It's a great past time during office house :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:23 am 

Yep, some especially great posters on here (Blake, Johnston and Laura23 for example). Sure you get the occasional mad fan every once in a while, but hey, it all works out in the end :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:16 pm 

I like when people go above and beyond to do some data analysis, showing us alternative points systems, gaps to race leader every lap, head to head driver pace comparisons and the like. Stuff like that makes it worth it.

Plus, the picture thread is often mind-blowing. There is some really cool stuff in that thread.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:26 pm 

:thumbup:

I just hope we get civilized discussions ALL the time, and we'll be perfect.

To OP: Have you checked OFF-Topic forum? Some nice stuff there, too.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:27 pm 

Blinky McSquinty wrote:
Despite our many differences and opinions, in the end we're all fans of a great sport. What we have in common is greater than our differences, and if I was to meet any fellow PF1 forum member on the street, I'd invite him (or her) to a cold beer.

this :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:27 pm 

mac_d wrote:
I like when people go above and beyond to do some data analysis, showing us alternative points systems, gaps to race leader every lap, head to head driver pace comparisons and the like. Stuff like that makes it worth it.

Plus, the picture thread is often mind-blowing. There is some really cool stuff in that thread.

this :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:39 pm 

Ive seen some idiotic people who just post drivel on the main page just for the heck of it, once one guy starts it becomes a full blown war with shit slinging at each one for good measure, drivers too are not spared. Ive seen very few here like them here because they dont last here very long. This place seems boring to them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:47 pm 

Yes it is a great place. I usually get the latest F1 news from here. And that is because I can always rely on other members posting it here as soon as it brakes. And it normally only takes a few posts to determine if the news are true or just rumour. That combined with the picture thread, race threads, Jessica thread, great members, great mod team etc makes this forum a really good one.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:31 pm 

Here here!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:17 pm 

I'm loving the love on this thread. <3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:20 pm 

Some things on here are balls, it is an internet forum after all, but in general it's very good, great for keeping up with all the breaking news.

Blinky McSquinty wrote:

Right, where exactly do you live? And where do you like to walk?...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:24 pm 

Indeed it is a great and a just forum. I especially like the moderators.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:35 pm 

I really like this forum. :thumbup:
It's great to see that there is always something interesting to read, even in this non F1 period. :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:55 pm 

I like having the possibility to discuss things, but it is pointless when there's some people who actually come here to bash and hate.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:57 pm 

toilet wrote:
Some things on here are balls, it is an internet forum after all, but in general it's very good, great for keeping up with all the breaking news.

Blinky McSquinty wrote:

:lol: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:10 pm 

Best F1 forum you will ever find. Many of us disagree on things, and at times it gets heated. However, I think 95% of people respect each other on here. I have been on here for over a decade and in that time a few bad apples have been dumped, but by in large great group of core people

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:47 pm 

It does seem to be a very active forum with a good deal of interesting stuff. It seems like a good many have a great understanding of the technical issues, and a good deal of passion.

I've been a long-time lurker for several years as a 'guest' before registering earlier this year.

I like that there seems to be a lot of good discussion and debate among pretty objective fans, so that's its not so difficult to avoid or ignore the ones either blinded by love or hate for a particular driver or team and everything not positive must be a slight if they are a fan, or so much is either a conspiracy for or against a driver or team because the outcome was intolerable. (I've been involved in running a Sports Hobby forum for about a dozen years, so I've learned long ago that those arguments pretty much go on and on in circles with each side being sure they are totally right and the other is totally wrong.)

But its great for US fans where resources for F1 news and rumors are limited, especially compared to what we are used to with other sports which seem to be all over the internet and you couldn't read every site with 48 hours in a day. Basically it disappears following the final race, and then reappears sometime in March for fans here when some network starts covering it again.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:50 pm 

Iowa'sOnlyF1Viewer wrote:
Some of the posters here are pretty knowledgeable and the rest are equally passionate ;)

That's a nice way to put it. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:49 pm 

Yeah this is a great place full of knowledgeable posters to exchange opinions. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:44 am 

SnakeSVT2003 wrote:
Iowa'sOnlyF1Viewer wrote:

That's a nice way to put it. :lol:

Niceness is a Midwestern trait :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:29 am 

It is nice being here Indeed : )))..
I quite enjoy the fanboys when they come to the defence of their drivers and teams. Its quite ridiculous the things they same and makes for an entertaining read as a result : P...
I also enjoy Intelligent arguments put forth by some and has changed my opinions about certain things over the short time I've been here...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:01 am 

It was so much better 2 years ago.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion. - Robert Pirsig

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:58 am 

Will anybody get upset if I mention that I prefer the F1 Fanatic forum?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:36 am 

toilet wrote:

Blinky McSquinty wrote:

Toronto, Ontario, Canada. If you're ever in my neck of the woods, holla and name your poison.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:37 am 

Love this place... We all have our favorite drivers, but the kind of race data, analysis and pics that i get here are not anywhere else......

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:37 am 

I wonder if there are other forumers from Pakistan here....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:32 pm 

Fun fact: We're about to have post 200,000!

Will it be you?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:37 pm 

Toby. wrote:
Fun fact: We're about to have post 200,000!

Will it be you?

Hollow statistic for me, I suppose this doesn't count the posts made in the old forum?

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion. - Robert Pirsig

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:09 pm 

Blinky McSquinty wrote:
toilet wrote:
Blinky McSquinty wrote:
Blinky offered to buy any of us a life time's supply of booze if we bump into him ever... honest guv

Toronto, Ontario, Canada. If you're ever in my neck of the woods, holla and name your poison.

Okay, I'm off to the airport now, I'll see you soon. Canada's pretty small, I'm sure I can find you!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:30 pm 

For the record, the old forum exceeded about 1.7 million posts, so when we hit 300,000 we should be celebrating the 2millionth post.

I preferred the old format to a point, but this place is growing on me. It also helps that the things I would have had to put time aside for under the old mod team - the photo competition I thought up, and the awards thread I ended up adopting a couple of years ago - have now been centralised and taken on by the mods. So thanks to the mods for that!

As for members, although we gained a few trolls to begin with, the mods quickly ironed the worst of them out, and while a few still stand out, we do have a lot of knowledgeable members who more than make up for the minority. In short, this place is probably my favourite F1 forum on the net - I also frequent Autosport, but beyond the Paddock Club that is probably a less civilised corner of the internet than this.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:48 am 

toilet wrote:
Blinky McSquinty wrote:
toilet wrote:
Blinky McSquinty wrote:
Blinky offered to buy any of us a life time's supply of booze if we bump into him ever... honest guv

Okay, I'm off to the airport now, I'll see you soon. Canada's pretty small, I'm sure I can find you!

That was sarcasm, right? It really doesn't show well in text.

I live in Ottawa, though, so maybe I should head down to Toronto :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:52 am 

The_Iceman wrote:
toilet wrote:

That was sarcasm, right? It really doesn't show well in text.

I live in Ottawa, though, so maybe I should head down to Toronto :)

Oh, yes don't worry, I know Canada's the 2nd largest country in the world (including all the islandy bits, it's got the longest coastline of any country), and that coming from the relatively tiny UK my brain does rather have a hard time comprehending such vastness.

Still, worth the trip though, anything for free booze!