planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:50 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:28 pm 

Anyone going to this? I haven't been since 2002/2003 and was wondering if the show has improved or disappointed in recent years?

Any better motorshows out there I'd be better off waiting for?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:56 pm 

I'll probably go again this year , been the last three years and about 7 or 8 times in total. Always busy and ticket prices seem to be creeping up a little. A lot of the big car manufacturers like Audi and BMW weren't there last year so it was noticable that some of the bigger , glossier stands weren't present. Having said that it's still entertaining. I went to the live action show part in '11 and that was still and the Ayrton Senna exhibition at this year's show was great.

Check out what the main theme is likely to be (Updates for the show tend to start coming through on the autosport website fairly soon) and that will give a good indication of what the show might be like. Seeing as you get free entry to the pistonheads part of the show too , I'd say it was worth it. Just don't expect short queues for the autograph section!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:30 pm 

Di resta is there i know that much but i stopped going a few years ago, i really want to go to goodwood but it never seems to fall right

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:54 pm 

It's indoors , it's cheaper than going to a GP (or Goodwood I'd imagine) , and it's relatively easy to get to with good road and rail links - what more could you ask for? :)