planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:03 am

All times are UTC

Which team will improve the most from their performances in 2012, over the 2013 season?
Red Bull 4%  4%  [ 6 ]
Ferrari 6%  6%  [ 10 ]
McLaren 9%  9%  [ 14 ]
Lotus 19%  19%  [ 29 ]
Mercedes 37%  37%  [ 58 ]
Sauber 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
Force India 3%  3%  [ 5 ]
Williams 7%  7%  [ 11 ]
Toro Rosso 5%  5%  [ 8 ]
Caterham 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Marussia 6%  6%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 156
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:01 pm 

the incubus wrote:
Haribo wrote:
Can't remember more than 2 races where absolutely nothing went wrong for Hamilton. Even at races he won he had some slow pit stops

This I agree with 100%. Were it not for Mistakes made by his team, the WDC picture would have looked a bit differently. It's not like all the other teams are perfect but this year the Mighty McLaren made too many of them in critical situations that cost Lewis dearly. He'd have scored more points leaving less of them for the rest of the field to fight over. I can't imagine how anyone can take issue with anything he said whilst in the heat of battle. the guy is driving his heart/donkey off to be in full control of races only to watch them slip away time and again, through no fault of his own.

Twittergate on the other hand was a huge No-No and Lewis knew better. I don't know if it was a decision brought about by frustration or one Lewis purposely made as if to say I'm out of here anyways, but either way, it's something he should've never done.

Tweeting the overlay was stupid, but it was not against the team.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:22 pm 

Haribo wrote:
Calling out the team in the media, where? Over the radio, what?
He complained on several occasions about the team doing mistakes and being too slow and must up their game. Whitmarsh was soon out in order to downplay it all and saying there is no disagreement or crack within the team. Then we have the whole twitter-upsets he created. There is a ton of treads about these things on this board.

Haribo wrote:
Can't remember more than 2 races where absolutely nothing went wrong for Hamilton. Even at races he won he had some slow pit stops
Slow pit stops? Listen, every team have slow pitstops from time to time, it's a part of the whole thing we call racing. Don't you agree? And Hamilton had the fastest pit stops of the whole field as well. That said I never hear a driver but Hamilton complaining over the radio about every little thing what happend there or there, and the team allways respond to him that they are sorry and urged him to focus on the race. You get a feeling that the team is tiptoeing around him to keep him from losing his head.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:11 pm 

I feel sorry for Mercedes' fans and Hamilton. They're totally focused for 2014. I just can't see them improving much.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:52 pm 

Clouseau wrote:
Haribo wrote:
Calling out the team in the media, where? Over the radio, what?
He complained on several occasions about the team doing mistakes and being too slow and must up their game. Whitmarsh was soon out in order to downplay it all and saying there is no disagreement or crack within the team. Then we have the whole twitter-upsets he created. There is a ton of treads about these things on this board.

Haribo wrote:
Slow pit stops? Listen, every team have slow pitstops from time to time, it's a part of the whole thing we call racing. Don't you agree? And Hamilton had the fastest pit stops of the whole field as well. That said I never hear a driver but Hamilton complaining over the radio about every little thing what happend there or there, and the team allways respond to him that they are sorry and urged him to focus on the race. You get a feeling that the team is tiptoeing around him to keep him from losing his head.

Nonsense, Hamilton had a lot of 10 sec+ pit stops, wich cost him positions
About the radio, I never heared Hamilton "complaining about everything" show me some exampels.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:35 am 

Nonsense, Hamilton had a lot of 10 sec+ pit stops, wich cost him positions
About the radio, I never heared Hamilton "complaining about everything" show me some exampels.[/quote]

If you didnt hear you werent listening; albeit his complaints were more like queries than complaints. "What happended there guys" being the common one. Hamilton is a great driver of that there is no doubt; however, if he doesnt adjust his attitude he will never achieve his true potential, he lets frustration overwhelm him far too often. I hope Ross Brawn will tame him a little and we can talk completely about his Races rather than the baggage he has carried over the last couple of years. The first common sense thing he should do is ditch 21 and hire a good PR agent, his current one should be beaten with a stick!

As to improvements I cant help but think Lotus will be pushing the front runners next season, especially now Kimi has had his warm-up, but I think Mercedes will sort out their mechanical issues, probably ending the season with substancially more points than this season and thus will be seen to have improved the most.