planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:00 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:15 am 

Hey guys!
Was wondering if you guys with your tremendous resources can point me in the right direction. I'm looking for a specific photo from the Monaco 2012 race weekend. It's of Michael Schumacher turning into the hairpin like the photo below but the full shot (portrait) and not this cropped version. I'm looking for the photo so I can do a drawing of it and maybe even try my hand at a painted version. I already have a small resolution file but I would need the highest resolution possible since I can't seem to find that anywhere. Many thanks fellas!

EDIT:
The first is the actual photo I'm looking for. The second is almost the same shot at a slightly different angle and only the latter I've managed to find in higher resolution.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:40 am 

Sorry. I searched for over 10 minutes but was not able to find the HD version.

As much as I like Schumi and his pole position at Monaco and think that he is the best driver ever in F1, I wouldn't paint him driving that ugly nose.

Please do share your painting with us. Thank you.

Edit: If you looking for an outline of the first image to "trace" the outer lines, you can zoom it, save it and print the zoomed versions. I did something like this before. Open the image in MS Paint (that is what I used) divide it into 4 parts, save all of them individually in a larger file (it will pixelate), print all of them seperately and then stick them together on a large drawing sheet. That way you will get the outline of the image and attempt to draw it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:30 am 

Try this, it's the biggest/highest res I could find:

http://www.formule1.nl/media/uploads/media_images/2012-05-24/racepictures_1337858854.02.jpg

- 2014 Championship leader (post-Austria)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:40 am 

how do u access formule1.nl media ? all i get is 20 or 30 pictures of every race ?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:46 am 

RebellionLola wrote:
how do u access formule1.nl media ? all i get is 20 or 30 pictures of every race ?

Does the link work for you?

- 2014 Championship leader (post-Austria)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:49 am 

Quark wrote:
Sorry. I searched for over 10 minutes but was not able to find the HD version.

As much as I like Schumi and his pole position at Monaco and think that he is the best driver ever in F1, I wouldn't paint him driving that ugly nose.

Please do share your painting with us. Thank you.

Edit: If you looking for an outline of the first image to "trace" the outer lines, you can zoom it, save it and print the zoomed versions. I did something like this before. Open the image in MS Paint (that is what I used) divide it into 4 parts, save all of them individually in a larger file (it will pixelate), print all of them seperately and then stick them together on a large drawing sheet. That way you will get the outline of the image and attempt to draw it.

Might take a creative liberty with the nose, not sure yet. 8O
I don't trace any of my drawings, I do them from scratch by eye while looking at the reference photo. I've only done two F1 drawings so far, one was a quick pen sketch and the other my first try at using color pencils. I can post those if you want.

purchville wrote:

Wow, you guys are on the ball, many thanks gents!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:48 pm 

purchville wrote:
RebellionLola wrote:

Does the link work for you?

yes it does , i want to be able to view all the pictures and choose between them

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:36 pm 

It isn't on the Mercedes media section, either. But there are a few nice photos. I'm going off-topic here, but this was my personal favourite..

http://media.mercedes-gp.com/images/gal ... 752012.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:20 pm 

purchville wrote:

Seem you know this site too. Nederlands? This is the go to site for High ress Formula 1 pictures. They even upload all new pics the same day during the seasons. Awesome archives too. http://www.formule1.nl/media-library/images/overview/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:14 pm 

That's an awesome picture, I kind of like the nose too!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:05 pm 

If you're going to be drawing it I'd invent a tiny bit more background at the top just above the man's head, for compositional reasons. I couldn't quite place it, but it's been bugging me each time I looked at the picture :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:37 am 

wolfticket wrote:
If you're going to be drawing it I'd invent a tiny bit more background at the top just above the man's head, for compositional reasons. I couldn't quite place it, but it's been bugging me each time I looked at the picture :)

I was planning on drawing a few elements out so its only the sheer beauty of Monaco and Schumi's last run for glory! I haven't decided on what artistic style to go with yet. I'm tempted to go retro style simplistic poster but at the same time I'm aching to do it more portrait style as well.

PS: feel free to turn this into a photo request thread or an artwork topic, I would be quite happy to see more lovely photos and wonderful artwork.