planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The next 3 months
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:03 pm 

I think someone started this topic last year, and since I've never actually started a topic I thought this would be a good time to start!

Basically, with 3 months until the start of the season what will you be doing to keep F1 going in your life? Bar watching Sky F1 and posting here of course.

I'll be karting and trying to hold back buying Spa tickets again. And still playing F12012.

Post subject: Re: The next 3 months
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:23 pm 

I'll be playing a lot of F1 2012 that's for sure!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:24 pm 

F1 2012 and F1 race stars change it up a bit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:28 pm 

Sevenfest wrote:
I think someone started this topic last year, and since I've never actually started a topic I thought this would be a good time to start!

Basically, with 3 months until the start of the season what will you be doing to keep F1 going in your life? Bar watching Sky F1 and posting here of course.

I'll be karting and trying to hold back buying Spa tickets again. And still playing F12012.

Surely you jest.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:34 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
Sevenfest wrote:

Surely you jest.

The mind is more than willing, the bank balance is not.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:36 pm 

Sevenfest wrote:
ashley313 wrote:
Sevenfest wrote:

Surely you jest.

The mind is more than willing, the bank balance is not.

Put a dollar in a jar every day.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:40 pm 

To be honest it probably will happen and I'm kidding myself.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:47 pm 

Me and a friend are looking to go to a grand prix next year, we just can't decide on either Spa or Silverstone!

And ofc ill be playing F1 2012, on coarse to take the title in a Lotus for my second season :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:04 pm 

F1CE. I find it far more addictive than the Codemasters games. Mainly because I managed to get black-flagged for being T-boned on a straight in Valencia, and then again for being rear-ended having already outbraked myself at Monza.

Oh, and uni work. Lots of that. Bugger :(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:07 pm 

Running photo competitions [well-timed post there Tufty, although I think the sig's out of date!] and shooting trolls. Oh, and hiding evidence of the mods' Christmas party. The old forum acquired photos of that, as well as the aftermath of us driving home afterwards. This should never happen again.

Although it was rather fun...

Yes, we have a swear filter now. No, it doesn't change coffin to 'place of rest'.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:26 pm 

Tufty wrote:
F1CE. I find it far more addictive than the Codemasters games. Mainly because I managed to get black-flagged for being T-boned on a straight in Valencia, and then again for being rear-ended having already outbraked myself at Monza.

Now that I've finally picked up a PS3 I might have to get F1CE, even if just for Imola. My only gripe with it is that there's no force feedback with the Logitech GT wheel I'm picking up very soon.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:28 pm 

Tufty wrote:

Makes tow of us :(

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:23 am 

Scour the internet for news, impatiently waiting for testing and launches, and probably watch a lot of old GPs recorded through the years that I've transferred to DVD, I'm guessing I probably have about 80% dating back to '98, so thats a good many hours. It's always kind of interesting looking at how things were and how they've changed. With a lot of 1 and 2 stop races this year, its really strange seeing how quickly the Pirellis degraded at the start of last year with 4 stops by almost everyone in the field in several events. Really a dramatic change from 1 year to the next. Or looking at a year like 2004 when Schumacher took 12 of the 1st 13 races and Ferrari pretty much could choreograph P1 and P2 each race, and this past year where we had 7 different winners in the 1st 7 races.

And look at the numbers to see if I can go to Montreal in addition to Austin this year.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:01 am 

Reading every lil tid bit of useless news related to F1. Posting here... and karting.. and may be watching old videos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:09 am 

I'll be playing F1 2012, putting a new race diff in my race car, attempt to reinstall ABS in the race car, reading "The Stainless Steel Carrot" by Sylvia Wilkinson, cruising Twitter, car forums, and planning trips to a few GP's next year. Oh, and update my blog.

Somewhere in there is work, but to be honest it's not as fun.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:18 am 

Im joining my university's Formula SAE team. as a test driver at first, but hopefully ill get some race time. itll be my first experience beyond karting