planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:03 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:25 pm 

Ive noticed that whenever you have to restart a race for whatever reason, that youre setup gets wiped and it reverts to the default. I noticed it when i was racing and crashed a few laps in, then decided to restart instead of use a replay. Then after i restarted i was lapping 2 seconds off the pace i was racing previously and my rear end had a mind of its own.

Has anyone else noticed this? I play on the PS3 btw, so it might be a bug thats only on the PS3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:25 pm 

There was a recent patch on the 360 which got rid of most bugs in the game, think they had problems with sony releasing the patch for ps3 though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:35 pm 

Hello everyone first time poster but avid f1 fan been watching since the great days of 1991 but I have also experienced the same bug on ps3 not to mention the biggest bug of all returns from 2010. When you pit and YOUR team holds you until entire pit lane has passed no matter if your in the lead with bout 3-4 sec cushion over the next car seems like codies are only in it for the money not gameplay as my brother works for ea games and sez it's down just to lazy programming that's it bs if u ask me seems like you get crap graphics good game play or otherway round I just want f1 2012 bug free and a simulator like good old gp2 wen u actually hit the wall at Monaco u retire.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:28 pm 

As far as I'm aware it has been fixed

It may be your tyres overheating as that severely reduces grip btw

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:36 pm 

Do you get 3 practice sessions by running only 100% race distance?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:27 am 

MikeV1987 wrote:
Do you get 3 practice sessions by running only 100% race distance?

No its just 1 practice session.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:44 am 

I can't say I've ever noticed it.

Which isn't to say it doesn't or didn't happen on Xbox. If I lose grip, I just assume I'm sucking. I once lost 42 seconds in a lap to Button as I stayed out on Inters. I thought I was sliding due to it being more wet, when it had dried in fact. Learnt that lesson quickly after screwing up the chance to win in Bahrain (in my 1st season I had 5 wet races, including Bahrain and Abu Dhabi - found that rather odd... I know it can rain, but for 3 days in both countries?)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:36 am 

mac_d wrote:
I can't say I've ever noticed it.

Which isn't to say it doesn't or didn't happen on Xbox. If I lose grip, I just assume I'm sucking. I once lost 42 seconds in a lap to Button as I stayed out on Inters. I thought I was sliding due to it being more wet, when it had dried in fact. Learnt that lesson quickly after screwing up the chance to win in Bahrain (in my 1st season I had 5 wet races, including Bahrain and Abu Dhabi - found that rather odd... I know it can rain, but for 3 days in both countries?)

That's another bug. Was fixed in the second console patch, but I think you have to restart your career to actually fix it.

After the experiences of the last three Codemasters F1 games, and the horribly obvious bugs in them all when the game is released, I'm not going to pick up F1 2013 until they've at least released the first major patch. The first year it was understandable, the second I begrudgingly accepted it, but the third year? It starts getting a little silly, and I feel like a bit of a mug for paying full whack for a game I couldn't properly enjoy until the second patch.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:20 am 

I was playing the game last night and restarted a couple of times, don't recall my set up going off, and I think I would've noticed as I run a pretty abnormal set up. If I restart the practice session I lose my setup, but not in the race.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:17 am 

I'm still tiddled off they don't have 3 lap races like the previous game. Minimum of 15 laps in a season race has made this game unplayable for me. Also, didn't the last game also have 1 qualifying ? instead of Q1, 2 and 3.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:20 am 

Maky wrote:
I'm still tiddled off they don't have 3 lap races like the previous game. Minimum of 15 laps in a season race has made this game unplayable for me. Also, didn't the last game also have 1 qualifying ? instead of Q1, 2 and 3.

I actually like that you have to do a minimum of 20/30% race distance or whatever it is, it's made me care more about getting the set up right, instead of just getting a good start and holding on for a couple of laps. Though I don't like 20 laps of Monaco, that's a killer (I did win in a Marussia on legend/expert setting thanks to a well timed safety car and opportunisit pit stop though!)

Also in the previous game it was 1 quali if you went for 'short weekend' and full 3-part quali if you did 'long weekend'.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:34 am 

I find it more of a challenge having the longer races but I'll agree with you jammin about 20 laps round Monaco its a bitch especially when you're in a williams with Hamilton up your trump for 19 laps on legend but it all adds to the fun although i'm beginning to realise that i need to get myself a racing wheel :)

Lewis Hamilton :D
--------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:40 am 

jammin78 wrote:
Maky wrote:

I actually like that you have to do a minimum of 20/30% race distance or whatever it is, it's made me care more about getting the set up right, instead of just getting a good start and holding on for a couple of laps. Though I don't like 20 laps of Monaco, that's a killer (I did win in a Marussia on legend/expert setting thanks to a well timed safety car and opportunisit pit stop though!)

Also in the previous game it was 1 quali if you went for 'short weekend' and full 3-part quali if you did 'long weekend'.

Ah! I see..
Well it would been nice to have options to suit ones playstyle I suppose.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:11 am 

Maky wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
Maky wrote:

Ah! I see..

Yeah it would have been nice to have the option for those who want to do the 3 laps, I tried to choose 3 laps when I was at the tail end of the season in Marussia and wanted to just get the season over with.

@Kimi 2012, do you find the Williams ridiculously slow in races compared to quali? I had to restart my career cos the PS3 lost game data, got the Williams drive, got pole a few times but dropped back rapidly in races :(

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:27 am 

jammin78 wrote:
Maky wrote:

While I like a longer race (if I'm setting up my wheel and pedals, I'm usually there for the long haul), I don't see why they removed the option. f1 2011 offered 3 laps, 10%, 20% etc. So If I want to do 20% I could. Now I'm forced to, and a race is often 30 minutes. If I'm playing with my friend, it means one of us is sitting there for ages doing nothing. While I often like a long race, I don't see any real justification for basically locking out career to anyone who has limited time for videogames (which isn't me).

20 laps of Monaco in the wet just makes me want to cry... Dry is hard not to cock up, wet is bordering on impossible for me. I can usually muddle through a few laps but I don't have the skill, consistency or concentration for such prolonged effort.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:31 am 

mac_d wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
Maky wrote:

While I like a longer race (if I'm setting up my wheel and pedals, I'm usually there for the long haul), I don't see why they removed the option. f1 2011 offered 3 laps, 10%, 20% etc. So If I want to do 20% I could. Now I'm forced to, and a race is often 30 minutes. If I'm playing with my friend, it means one of us is sitting there for ages doing nothing. While I often like a long race, I don't see any real justification for basically locking out career to anyone who has limited time for videogames (which isn't me).

20 laps of Monaco in the wet just makes me want to cry... Dry is hard not to cock up, wet is bordering on impossible for me. I can usually muddle through a few laps but I don't have the skill, consistency or concentration for such prolonged effort.

My most memorable moment of the game so far was from Monaco, playing online with a few mates, had a couple of races lined up with variable weather, and the screen just came up with MONACO and HEAVY RAIN. Hearing the reactions and cries of despair was hilarious! Needless to say none of us had wings or wheels by the end of the first lap, I'm not even sure we completed the race.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:05 am 

jammin78 wrote:
Maky wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
Maky wrote:

Ah! I see..

Yeah it would have been nice to have the option for those who want to do the 3 laps, I tried to choose 3 laps when I was at the tail end of the season in Marussia and wanted to just get the season over with.

@Kimi 2012, do you find the Williams ridiculously slow in races compared to quali? I had to restart my career cos the PS3 lost game data, got the Williams drive, got pole a few times but dropped back rapidly in races :(

Yeah i've found it to be really slow in the races. Can usually get in the top 3-4 in qualy and then in the race i usually make up some places at the start but after that i can't catch the guy in front or lose the guy behind me. Maybe the setup i'm using is more for qualy than the race but it almost feels like a different car in the race and at times it feels like there is no grip in the rear end at all.

Lewis Hamilton :D
--------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:01 pm 

It's Codemasters, you know. I didn't buy F1 2012 because of its bug nightmares, nobody could grant me it would work properly on my PC, neither the demo did, I got fed up of losing save games on F1 2011 and I won't risk my money anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:40 pm 

Oh and is it just me or are penalties handed out more often now :? The game in easy mode does not seem to be easy at all :0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:46 pm 

Maky wrote:
Oh and is it just me or are penalties handed out more often now :? The game in easy mode does not seem to be easy at all :0

Only at the start for me. Causing collisions seems to be my downfall, though to be fair, I've got the spacial awareness of RoGro.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:38 pm 

I don't see any point in 3 lap races lol and tbh i haven't really had that many bugs in the game, just the rain one which was fixed in the patch, and i didn't need to restart my career. I love it being realistic so I only play on Legend, and the ai is perfect i think.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:45 pm 

jammin78 wrote:
Maky wrote:

Only at the start for me. Causing collisions seems to be my downfall, though to be fair, I've got the spacial awareness of RoGro.

The penalty system is hopeless, and from what little time I've spent on Codemasters' forum, has seemed to be one of the biggest criticisms. Mostly 'AI car drives into you, spins, you get a penalty'.