planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:08 pm

All times are UTC

Is it exagerrated?
Yes 79%  79%  [ 22 ]
No 21%  21%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 28
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:47 pm 

Is it me or is this incident being exagerrated by both parties? I know it's over but how many of you think that this is getting out of situation?

Three parties throwing words at each other what for? Ferrari is just trying to make an allegation if they're wrong then so be it. Why would they have to repeatedly criticize them and it turns into a flaming war

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:59 pm 

Did I just teleport two weeks back in time? :)

I don't think this "is getting" out of hand. It has gotten a bit out of hand, due to a Sky report that was made without knowledge of the rules (Koba pass) and a youtube movie that was made without the author having picked up the green flag being waved (JEV pass).

But the dust has settled. Only some hardcore Alonso-supporters without knowledge of the rules/facts are still kicking.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:16 pm 

Location: Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
The most baffling thing is the fairy cakes that was thrown at Ferrari for 'protesting' (as everyone kept calling it) the result and being sore losers. They saw the video we all did (yellow dash light, yellow panel light and no visible green flag) and asked for clarification. How is that not fair enough? They'd be negligent not to ask for clarification, as clear as it seems now there was confusion and debate about all kinds of things. At different stages the green flag didn't exist, only applied to the pitlane, was photoshopped in and was considered secondary to the light. With all that was hanging on it Ferrari had to do something, and all they did was ask for clarification. They didn't protest, they didn't accuse, they didn't throw their toys out the pram. As soon as they got the confirmation they accepted it with good grace.

Possibily the first time I've ever found myself thinking Ferrari got a rough ride.

of Alice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:17 pm 

Balibari wrote:
The most baffling thing is the fairy cakes that was thrown at Ferrari for 'protesting' (as everyone kept calling it) the result and being sore losers. They saw the video we all did (yellow dash light, yellow panel light and no visible green flag) and asked for clarification. How is that not fair enough? They'd be negligent not to ask for clarification, as clear as it seems now there was confusion and debate about all kinds of things. At different stages the green flag didn't exist, only applied to the pitlane, was photoshopped in and was considered secondary to the light. With all that was hanging on it Ferrari had to do something, and all they did was ask for clarification. They didn't protest, they didn't accuse, they didn't throw their toys out the pram. As soon as they got the confirmation they accepted it with good grace.

Possibily the first time I've ever found myself thinking Ferrari got a rough ride.

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:53 pm 

Ferrari asked for clarifications many other times this season but nobody was angered then.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:58 pm 

chican wrote:
Ferrari asked for clarifications many other times this season but nobody was angered then.

As did Red Bull ;)

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:43 pm 

jammin78 wrote:
Balibari wrote:

:thumbup:

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Lewis Hamilton :D
--------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:30 am 

Balibari wrote:

just add my :thumbup:

good post, F1 fans needed closure

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:13 am 

Balibari wrote:
They'd be negligent not to ask for clarification, as clear as it seems now there was confusion and debate about all kinds of things. At different stages the green flag didn't exist, only applied to the pitlane, was photoshopped in and was considered secondary to the light.

I think you're being a bit naive here.

1) At the time they asked for clarification, the slowmotion footage clearly showing the green flag was widespread across the internet. If they saw the original youtube movie (that missed the green), surely they would have seen that slowmotion footage too.
2) As for the photoshopped part: they had access to the same material as that youtube poster - he just used images from the world feed. You're telling me they don't have anyone that knows how to take a video source and freeze to a few key frames?
3) "Was considered secondary to the light" - you can't possibly buy this, right? I'm pretty sure Ferrari has people who know the rules very well. No, scrap that, I doubt there's someone at Ferrari who DOESN'T know that flags are valid from where they are waved up until the following light board or marshall post.

I have no problem with Ferrari asking for clarification, any team can do so. But for me this was just averting the responsability: instead of them telling their fans it was OK, they let the FIA do it for them. Even after the FIA verification, Ferrari hasn't confirmed the pass was legal, they just said "we consider the matter closed". Because of this, heaps of Ferrari/Alonso fans are still convinced that the FIA covered up an illegal pass.

Last edited by mds on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:03 am 

I think Ferrari could have forestalled the storm in a teacup from brewing by coming out early on and putting the issue to rest, pointing out the green flag - which they of course knew all about, or by immediately asking for the 'clarification' instead of waiting for nearly a week. By then, fans had worked themselves into a crazed frenzy. Ferrari simply did not handle it well.