Ricciardo 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Vergne 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Pic 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Glock 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I won't be watching F1 without Schumi 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
Not a Schumi fan - I just want to see the results! 27%  27%  [ 25 ]
Total votes : 92
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:12 pm 

This has been on my mind since the chequered flag fell in Brazil - with Schumi now gone for good, who will I be supporting in 2013?

It's gonna be hard not looking at the timing screens and seeing where 'MSC' will be anymore... all good things must come to an end, I suppose. Besides, 'MSC' wasn't near the top of the timings that much!

So, to 2013. I hope Massa has a strong season. I hope Lewis does well. I hope Webber has more reliability. I'm on the fence with Button and McLaren. Alonso and Ferrari must start the season as favourites along with the 3xWDC Mr S. Vettel and his Red Bull X1.

Maybe a year of supporting the Number 2s? (as per someone's sig on here) :lol:

Who will you fellow former-Schumi supporters now root for?

*Drivers in the poll are the only drivers confirmed for 2013 so far - more will be added when contracts are signed!

Last edited by MistaVega23 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:17 pm 

A hint; Add a "not a Schumacher fan" option so everybody gets to choose an option and the results are more realistic :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:19 pm 

Covalent wrote:
A hint; Add a "not a Schumacher fan" option so everybody gets to choose an option and the results are more realistic :)

I'd thought I'd stick it in the title so it could reach its target audience better :-P

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:20 pm 

Covalent wrote:

it's not compulsory to vote... so why would you vote if you aren't a schumacher fan?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:22 pm 

I voted Hulkenberg, as a replacement for my support of Schu. Schu's not my fave, so I don't need to choose someone new to get behind!

However, I thought as a direct replacement for my Schu support of recent years, I'd throw Schu's portion of support behind another fave driver, Hulkenberg. So not really me switching to support someone new, just reallocating my support resources :P

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:22 pm 

FormulaFun wrote:
Covalent wrote:

it's not compulsory to vote... so why would you vote if you aren't a schumacher fan?

Because that way the results are visible each time I enter the thread (and I'll likely be checking it because it's an interesting question) instead of having to click the small "view results" link each time. It's the small things :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:27 pm 

Location: Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
Covalent wrote:
FormulaFun wrote:
Covalent wrote:

Because that way the results are visible each time I enter the thread (and I'll likely be checking it because it's an interesting question) instead of having to click the small "view results" link each time. It's the small things :)

aka the 'Sato' option.

of Alice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:56 pm 

Perez, and I'll be following Seb too.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:50 pm 

No Grosjean? Well not all Schumi fans hate the French. :-|

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:54 pm 

Ja'a wrote:
No Grosjean? Well not all Schumi fans hate the French. :-|

Oh well now I'm torn, if you're throwing Grosjean in there I don't know who to choose between Hulk and Gro... I'm a big fan of both... Hmmmm. I'll distribute my Schumi support between them both equally :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:55 pm 

I'm not sure yet but I will be cheering/hoping to have a strong 4-5 way battle between top drivers in top cars. Having said that, I will be leaning towards Lewis as I admire his decision to take the difficult road rather than the easy way by sticking with McLaren. Regardless of the inner politics between him and McLaren it took cojones to leave a team that almost guarantee wins each and every year for one that has been struggling the last 3 years and has just one win in that time span, though Shumi might have bagged a 2nd win for them at Monaco.

The other Driver I will be cheering for is my sentimental favorite… Massa! Go Felipe Baby!
His return to form in the 2nd half of this season was quite refreshing and he looked almost as good as he did from 2007 until his accident in 2009. I wish him nothing but the best. Now let's hope Ferrari get their stuff together and come up with a really good car for both of their drivers to do well.

I am also very curious to see a few other drivers in their new teams like Perez and Hulk and I am very curious to see if the hype about Bottas is correct.

Sadly it looks like Bruno might not be on the grid in 2013 and I think he drove well enough to deserve being there. Would really like to see him have a shot in a car that is consistently good before he's cast out. As well no buyer for HRT so it's a definite that the grid will be smaller by 2 cars and 2 drivers. Hopefully someone sees the value that's just sitting there waiting to be scooped up and possibly developing them into a better team.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:27 pm 

It looks like it will be a cracking year. Many things to follow, like how's Lewis going to perform? What's Kimi going to do? Is Ferrari going to shake things up? How about Webber, is he going to match Vettel?

I'll probably cheer for Vettel, I like him a lot. But it is not going to be JUST Vettel.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:31 pm 

Well I voted Massa. I hope to see a six-way scrap for the title in 2013 (Vettel, Alonso, Webber, Button Kimi, Massa - hopefully more!)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:12 pm 

I had a long hard think about this the other day.

I'll probably be a big McLaren fan now. I like Perez, have done since early 2011 and I've had a soft spot for Button since 2004. I like Kimi a huge amount as well so it'll be a three way scrap between those three for my emotions in 2013. I have my Lotus fleece and my McLaren t-shirt ready! Never thought I'd ever buy McLaren merch but there we go.

So yeah, go Kimi, go Checo and go Jense!

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:43 am 

I voted Massa, but may change my mind as the season progresses if Massa under-performs.

The Hulk impressed me last year, so is another possibility.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:53 am 

My top 6 in no particular order except this one...

Hamilton
Alonso
Raikonnen
Webber
Massa
Up for grabs between a few (6)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:31 am 

Raikkonen for me, no question. I've only watched F1 in recent years so I didn't really know who Raikkonen was. But as the season played out and I learned more about him and his badass personality, he became my 2nd favorite driver bested by Schumacher of course. With Schumacher retiring I'll be rooting for Raikkonen all 2013.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:17 am 

Laura23 wrote:

I'll probably be a big McLaren fan now. I like Perez, have done since early 2011 and I've had a soft spot for Button since 2004. I like Kimi a huge amount as well so it'll be a three way scrap between those three for my emotions in 2013. I have my Lotus fleece and my McLaren t-shirt ready! Never thought I'd ever buy McLaren merch but there we go.

Laura in a McLaren shirt.... Dreams do come true!

:-P

Lol

It ain't hating just 'cause it's not love

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:28 am 

Balibari wrote:
Covalent wrote:
FormulaFun wrote:
Covalent wrote:

aka the 'Sato' option.

Ah, that's what I should've suggested!
Thanks to the OP for adding it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:54 am 
Vettel but it doesn't feel the same really :? :uhoh:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:49 am 

SilverstoneRegular wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

Lol

I must be getting older. I'm more excited when I see a girl without her shirt!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:51 pm 

Laura23 wrote:

Lol

Pics or shens sir!... pics or shens...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:52 pm 

SchumieRules wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

Lol

I must be getting older. I'm more excited when I see a girl without her shirt!!!

Ditto! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:26 pm 

Don't care who wins.......well except Vettel...Hamiltom....eh....pls Shumi return.......hahaha

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:53 pm 

Alonso, but I generally root for the drivers I feel are the best to do well. I defend all drivers on here when I feel like it so I have been accused of being a fanboy of Hamilton, Vettel, Alonso, Heidfeld, Kubica etc. over the years!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:19 pm 

I'm not voting as you can only cast 1 vote

But for me it is

Button
Kimi
Webber

But to the OP why haven't you included all the drivers? I thought Di Resta was confirmed

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:56 pm 

Some of the replies here are quite different to how I feel. You don't 'decide' to support someone.. It just happens. I don't allocate my share of support either because I don't know or understand how that's done. I've supported Schumacher since 1994 and it simply began because I liked his calculative side and natural talent. I saw him as the guy who would take it to Senna. Anyway, that wasn't meant to be. This retirement is very different to his previous. This one's easier to swallow. I never really warmed up to anyone after 2006. My loyalties belonged to Ferrari because Schumacher was there. However, I'm not pleased with how Mercedes went about sacking him. So, I'm not supporting them for sure. Anyway, warmth for Vettel existed the day he took to practice in the BMW at Interlagos, Brazil with 'danke Michael' on the rear wing. The Hulk also excites me. These two are drivers I support because I "feel" like it. When they go purple on the time screens there's natural joy, however it pales to the utter jubiliation and mad exulltations that occured when Schumi set them.. :(

"You know the score.. Alright that's enough.. You're not going to get any points for that.."

"But Satisfaction!"

Sebastian Vettel
World Driver's Champion

Last edited by Schuttelberg on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:58 am 

usual suspects:
Alonso,
Britney,
Button,
Hulk,
Massa,
Maldonado (he drives for Williams and has won them their first race since '04)
Vettel

this is off the top of my head.

4) Lauda
5) Brabham

if you don't like it, too bad! There's a reason why it says "My Top 5"