planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:33 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:55 pm 

chrcoluk wrote:
I am glad he said it, as button refused to be a number 2 and he is perhaps hoping perez would be number 2 but looks like Perez wont do that.

Given that McLaren dont WANT to have a number 1 or number 2 driver, that wouldn't happen regardless of what Perez did.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:14 pm 

Ill be surprised if he wins a race.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:41 pm 

Vettel Fan wrote:
Ill be surprised if he wins a race.

He should have won Malaysia (poor pit call and a mistake) costing him and nearly won in Italy. In a Sauber.

December 2006, who thought Lewis Hamilton would win a race in 2007?

If the cars stay relative in performance as 2012, he will definitely win a race.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:43 pm 

Johnston wrote:
trindermon wrote:
mclaren screwed up, hulkenburg should have got that drive. No way perez does anything other than crash whilst making stupid overtakes.

Remind me, what did Hulk do in Brazil?

:lol: No irony from original poster.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:40 pm 

lamo wrote:
Johnston wrote:
trindermon wrote:
mclaren screwed up, hulkenburg should have got that drive. No way perez does anything other than crash whilst making stupid overtakes.

I do Like Hulk, but don´t rate him better tham Perez, let´s see:

1- Perez at Malaysia: He got lucky for the early pit stop strategy, then shown outstanding pace and finally pushed too hard on a worn tire set tyring to catch Alonso and ran wide which costed him the win.
2 - Hulkemberg at Brazil: He got lucky from initial strategy which eventually put him on the lead. He was leading and all he needed to do is remain that way, however he made a mistake which ruined his chances of winning, but everybody seems to forget this and still rate him rocket high

So it´s deffinitely more complicated win a rece when you have to overtake Alonso than when you only have to keep your position

So for me Hulkemberg is a very good driver, but part of his success at the end of the season was the Force India improving consistenly, compared to Sauber or Williams. So for me, Hulkemberg is very good but Pérez is a step above. In the other Hand, Pérez is 4 years younger, yes, 4 years! that´s a lifetime in F1, that´s why mclaren chose him.

The highs:

Hulkemberg: Excellent quali pace, very consistent driver

Pérez: Outstanding race pace, great on tires

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:14 pm 

Why shouldn't he think that? He has what he needs in order to win. I'd say he'll clinch at least one or two victories next season. He might even challenge for the championship.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:22 pm 

Deep_blue wrote:
In the other Hand, Pérez is 4 years younger, yes, 4 years! that´s a lifetime in F1, that´s why mclaren chose him.

No, he isn't. Perez is less than 3 years younger than The Hulk, 2 years and 5 months actually.

At that stage of their careers, age differences do not matter a great deal. If both are competing 10 years later, it might to a limited extent.

Getting back to Perez, he is a good driver and might win a few races in his career, but IMO is not WDC material. Even theoretically speaking, to become the WDC 2013, he has his own teammate to beat (which I do not believe he will), not to mention Vettel in his RB8, Alonso in the Ferrari and Raikkonen in the Lotus. I believe that even Hamilton in the struggling Mercedes will outscore Perez by the end of the season.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:30 pm 

Him and him alone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:52 pm 

It's funny reading bitter Hukkenberg fanbots, I guess Mclaren management have more access to all sort of data and they think Perez is a better option. So continue to be mad, thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:39 pm 

Chriso wrote:
Well Perez can't expect to go there and have priority, or even equal status, if I was him I'll be more open minded and do best with wat he will have, after all after 3 yrs of teaming up with Hamilton it's the first yr Lewis beat jenson in the standings, jenson was overshadowed by Lewis big time. All in all Sergio might just hit the ground running and build on 2012 form, or he could struggle I expect him to be behind jenson for a while.

Button had equal status from day 1 and so will Perez

2013: 5th Place

2014: Currently 1st

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:04 pm 

pokerman wrote:
Chriso wrote:
Well Perez can't expect to go there and have priority, or even equal status, if I was him I'll be more open minded and do best with wat he will have, after all after 3 yrs of teaming up with Hamilton it's the first yr Lewis beat jenson in the standings, jenson was overshadowed by Lewis big time. All in all Sergio might just hit the ground running and build on 2012 form, or he could struggle I expect him to be behind jenson for a while.

26 points = overshadowed big time??

overshadowed big time = deluded fan

It ain't hating just 'cause it's not love

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:43 pm 

Deep_blue wrote:
lamo wrote:
Johnston wrote:
trindermon wrote:

1- Perez at Malaysia: He got lucky for the early pit stop strategy, then shown outstanding pace and finally pushed too hard on a worn tire set tyring to catch Alonso and ran wide which costed him the win.
2 - Hulkemberg at Brazil: He got lucky from initial strategy which eventually put him on the lead. He was leading and all he needed to do is remain that way, however he made a mistake which ruined his chances of winning, but everybody seems to forget this and still rate him rocket high

So it´s deffinitely more complicated win a rece when you have to overtake Alonso than when you only have to keep your position

So for me Hulkemberg is a very good driver, but part of his success at the end of the season was the Force India improving consistenly, compared to Sauber or Williams. So for me, Hulkemberg is very good but Pérez is a step above. In the other Hand, Pérez is 4 years younger, yes, 4 years! that´s a lifetime in F1, that´s why mclaren chose him.

The highs:

I think its a bit ingenious to suggest that Hulkenburgs drive in Brazil was down to a lucky strategy, he was the fastest driver throughout the race up to the point of his crash, faster than Button, faster than Hamilton, only Vettel seemed to have similar pace to these three

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:01 pm 

SilverstoneRegular wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Chriso wrote:

I'm not sure you was answering to me but 26 points wasn't the true gap to the drivers, Button was outperformed by Hamilton to a larger extent than that, but saying that he certainly didn't disgrace himself

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:42 pm 

pokerman wrote:
SilverstoneRegular wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Chriso wrote:

I'm not sure you was answering to me but 26 points wasn't the true gap to the drivers, Button was outperformed by Hamilton to a larger extent than that, but saying that he certainly didn't disgrace himself

I was answering the first quoted post

But to answer your last the "true" gap is "the" gap

God - 240
Button - 214

The end

It ain't hating just 'cause it's not love

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:24 am 

pokerman wrote:
Deep_blue wrote:
lamo wrote:
Johnston wrote:
trindermon wrote:

The highs:

I think its a bit ingenious to suggest that Hulkenburgs drive in Brazil was down to a lucky strategy, he was the fastest driver throughout the race up to the point of his crash, faster than Button, faster than Hamilton, only Vettel seemed to have similar pace to these three

Exactly in the same way was Perez the fastest in Malaysia AND Monza, but everyone talks about how lucky he was with tyres! AGAIN I do like Hulk but I don´t agree with all the hype

Last edited by Deep_blue on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:35 pm 

So does Filipe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:35 pm 

mikeyg123 wrote:
If he doesn't think he can be champion next year he should not be driving for Mclaren.

Agree. I like Perez' attitude.