planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:15 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:27 am
Posts: 605
:| I don't like his comments, well I dislike it in fact. I wonder what any of you thinks, I wasn't around in F1 when DC was giving the finger to Schumy or Schumy going at him in Spa of 98' I wonder why he made those statements or is that just the truth? :|

http://www.auto123.com/en/racing-news/f ... tid=150909

_________________
Latest F1 vid I made http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C4qJXyRLDg&feature=youtu.be


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:15 pm
Posts: 243
His comments were not nasty or anything, he's speaking the truth. F1 continued without Michael form 2007 and will do so again.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:27 am
Posts: 605
^yeah but it kinda hurts me as a semi-schumy fan.. I will definitely miss him!

_________________
Latest F1 vid I made http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C4qJXyRLDg&feature=youtu.be


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:29 pm
Posts: 1376
Location: Wrexham, UK
D.C. is absolutely right, no driver is bigger than F1. When Schumi's gone, there will be other incredibly talented people on the grid. If he'd been leading from the front every weekend or crashing into everyone each weekend, or if he'd been a title protagonist in his comeback, his departure would be noticed, but as he was in a midfield car and generally ambling around (not his fault), his lack of presence won't be noticable on the grid in terms of racing. That's not an insult to Schumi by the way, he'll be missed in a nostalgic way for me.

_________________
"You are the universe expressing itself as a Human for a little while..."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 3965
Well, F1 survived after his first retirement, when he was far more influential to the sport than this time and with less WDC winners/contenders than now. So yeah, DC makes a point.

F1 survived losing Fangio, Clarke, Senna, Prost. No one is bigger than the sport. Whoever thinks that they are themselves, they are in for a surprise

_________________
ΜΣ...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:10 pm
Posts: 477
There has been more discussion on Michael retiring than there ever was for DC retiring.

I think that's why Coulthard always comes out with these comments. He takes every opportunity to get his digs in off-track because he was trounced on-track.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:05 pm
Posts: 2973
DC does hate Schumacher imo and keeps it thinly concealed for the most part, but MS wasn't the guy who made him No.2 at McLaren.

_________________
We want heroes, but there are few, mainly it's cars - Pedro De La Rosa


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 3965
DC and Schumacher have made their piece a long time ago. I find DC quite fair towards Schumacher myself.

_________________
ΜΣ...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:52 am
Posts: 906
He don't say nothing wrong, just a bash thread on DC.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:09 pm
Posts: 1110
Nothing really wrong with what he said. What concerns me is this

"Jenson told me that Michael has lost none of his speed," the Scot is quoted by Speed Week."

That's genuinely insulting. Really Jenson?!

_________________
米克尔 科琳娜 吉娜 米克
Keep Fighting Michael!

Forza Jules!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 3029
How is that insulting?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:52 am
Posts: 906
schumi7 wrote:
Nothing really wrong with what he said. What concerns me is this

"Jenson told me that Michael has lost none of his speed," the Scot is quoted by Speed Week."

That's genuinely insulting. Really Jenson?!


If Jenson says that then it holds allot more weight then any of the theories that people say on here that he's allot slower then he use to be. Jenson knows allot more then any of us about F1 and Schumacher. So really he's probably not lost any speed like I said all along, just his reactions and consistency was not the same.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:05 pm
Posts: 2973
SchumieRules wrote:
DC and Schumacher have made their piece a long time ago.

Surface-deep only imo, you can hear Coulthard get really genuinely excited in commentary when something goes wrong or looks as if it might go wrong for Schumacher. I doubt whether Schumi really has an issue with DC but one can sense a latent resentment on DC's part. While he is correct to say no driver is bigger than F1, comparing MS's absence with that of Trulli's or Heidfeld's is as amusing as it is wide of the mark.

_________________
We want heroes, but there are few, mainly it's cars - Pedro De La Rosa


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 3965
SchumieRules wrote:
DC and Schumacher have made their piece a long time ago. I find DC quite fair towards Schumacher myself.


Damn, no-one corrected me there!

Peace

_________________
ΜΣ...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 3029
DC has seemed fair to Michael since taking on his role at the BBC. I dont see anything harsh or insulting about what he's said. Look at Bernie - he said he wished Michael had never come back!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 3:16 pm
Posts: 93
I think the author of this thread reffered at what i underlined:
Quote:
Jenson told me that Michael has lost none of his speed," the Scot is quoted by Speed Week. "I'm not so sure. Look at Rosberg -- is he faster than Michael was in his prime? That's hard to say."

First off all DC says that he can judge better than a man active in the field and not some driver but a champion.
Button had some duels with Schumacher over 3 years, Hamilton his teamate also( gave some feed back) also.
I also remeber Kimi had also some nice feedback from Spa this year.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:48 pm
Posts: 1378
Have to agree with him the sport will go on without him


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:20 am
Posts: 2706
Location: Herts, UK
DC's pretty fair with his comments. I dare say Hill would have been more critical. How much of it is deserved criticism I wouldn't like to say. Michael was a bit of a hated character among his competitors.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:53 pm
Posts: 409
Jesus, Kolby, you don't half get your knickers in a twist bloody easily. I seem to remember from another thread that English isn't your first language, so I'll translate... you get far too easily wound up about things that are actually absolutely nothing.

Coulthard's actually complimenting Schumacher. Jenson thinks that Schumacher hadn't lost any of his speed, Coulthard thinks that Rosberg could not be good enough to be a match for Schumacher in his prime, thus his conclusion is that Schumacher must have lost some speed over time for Rosberg to be able to have been a match for him. He's not criticising Schumacher, maybe critiquing, but not criticising.

Edited to add last sentence.

_________________
"you can never be too paranoid"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:16 pm
Posts: 1960
Location: Belgium
I don't think DC was particularly harsh in these comments. I think what Bernie said about MS sounded much harsher.

_________________
F1 fan since 1989
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:47 pm
Posts: 1146
I can't be bothered to find it, but there was a circuit guide DC did with Schumi (at Canada in 2010, I think?) where there certainly did appear to be any animosity between them. Which could've just been Coulthard being professional, but yeah, I didn't get a sense of any lingering issues. And I don't really take DC saying something completely fair - F1 has already survived Schumi retiring once, so why would it be any different this time? Especially when Schumi was, save a few moments, a shell of his former self - as evidence that he's holding a grudge now.

_________________
Currently cheering for: Felipe Massa; Nico Hulkenberg; Romain Grosjean; Felipe Nasr. Oh, and of course, the Toronto Maple Leafs
PF1 Pick 10 Competition | 2014 position:
15th | 2013 position: 17th | 2012 position: 11th | Total podiums: 4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:27 am
Posts: 605
toilet wrote:
Jesus, Kolby, you don't half get your knickers in a twist bloody easily. I seem to remember from another thread that English isn't your first language, so I'll translate... you get far too easily wound up about things that are actually absolutely nothing.

Coulthard's actually complimenting Schumacher. Jenson thinks that Schumacher hadn't lost any of his speed, Coulthard thinks that Rosberg could not be good enough to be a match for Schumacher in his prime, thus his conclusion is that Schumacher must have lost some speed over time for Rosberg to be able to have been a match for him. He's not criticising Schumacher, maybe critiquing, but not criticising.

Edited to add last sentence.

Maybe I did took this in the wrong way thanks for clarifying :)

_________________
Latest F1 vid I made http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C4qJXyRLDg&feature=youtu.be


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:57 am
Posts: 1010
What he said was true... People like to hate on DC for some reason, but he always struck me as an honest, straight-talking guy. He's admitted he wasn't as fast as Schumi, let's just take his words and not leap on them, shall we?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 104
Spot on dc was right, he reminds me of webber a straight shooter. But what some people don't realize is when those to wernt racing they were quite good friends and still are, it's just the heat of the moment when there on the limit things get a little heated, though I think it's frustration on drivers not being able to pass schumi so easily, having said that f1 will certainly miss schumi look how many people started watching since his return and I believe made f1 the competitive platform it is, you just have to see how young they are now when schumi started 25 was the youngest.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:47 pm
Posts: 327
Gather the pitchforks. It's time to go after Mr. Polygon head!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:32 pm
Posts: 365
WOW! You can tell the offseason is in full swing- someone breaths the wrong way and there is a bash thread on the forum.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:08 pm
Posts: 960
Quote "Indeed, Coulthard thinks Schumacher will not even be missed."....

"No driver is greater than formula one," he insisted. ( :lol: did he really insist? :uhoh:)

Just another slow news week where someone makes an insignificant harmless comment and next thing it's a 'story' and we're all over it like the rabid dogs we are :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:11 pm
Posts: 995
Personally I feel the comments are totally unnecessary irrespective of whether they are true or not . I am no fan of Michael Schumacher but respect where respect is due .
A 7x WDC champion has left the sport and a legacy that has yet to be beaten,
It matters not if those wins were by fair means or foul that is the nature of F1.
He should be allowed to go about his business in peace without pointless comments from aggrieved former competitors.

I also believe that Rosberg is the last person to be surprised about anything to do with Lewis as the two know each other very well .

Also not sure about the calibre of of the publication but if the one reader who commented is anything to go by .........! 😳


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:53 pm
Posts: 409
Qiwater wrote:
Personally I feel the comments are totally unnecessary irrespective of whether they are true or not . I am no fan of Michael Schumacher but respect where respect is due .
A 7x WDC champion has left the sport and a legacy that has yet to be beaten,
It matters not if those wins were by fair means or foul that is the nature of F1.
He should be allowed to go about his business in peace without pointless comments from aggrieved former competitors.

I also believe that Rosberg is the last person to be surprised about anything to do with Lewis as the two know each other very well .

Also not sure about the calibre of of the publication but if the one reader who commented is anything to go by .........! 😳


Just to clarify, are you suggesting that just because he is the most successful driver in the history of the sport that he should be above critique, let alone someone going so far as to criticise him?

_________________
"you can never be too paranoid"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:14 pm
Posts: 2460
Formula1Fan. wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
DC and Schumacher have made their piece a long time ago.

Surface-deep only imo, you can hear Coulthard get really genuinely excited in commentary when something goes wrong or looks as if it might go wrong for Schumacher. I doubt whether Schumi really has an issue with DC but one can sense a latent resentment on DC's part. While he is correct to say no driver is bigger than F1, comparing MS's absence with that of Trulli's or Heidfeld's is as amusing as it is wide of the mark.


Brundle is the same, I don't think he really hates Schumacher.

Whatever resentment is all hail the mods minimal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:14 pm
Posts: 2460
iceman_fan90 wrote:
WOW! You can tell the offseason is in full swing- someone breaths the wrong way and there is a bash thread on the forum.


Exactly... I'ts Chines Whispers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:59 pm
Posts: 3499
Jenson's Understeer wrote:
I can't be bothered to find it, but there was a circuit guide DC did with Schumi (at Canada in 2010, I think?) where there certainly did appear to be any animosity between them. Which could've just been Coulthard being professional, but yeah, I didn't get a sense of any lingering issues. And I don't really take DC saying something completely fair - F1 has already survived Schumi retiring once, so why would it be any different this time? Especially when Schumi was, save a few moments, a shell of his former self - as evidence that he's holding a grudge now.

it was indeed Canada '10, it was a really good piece of tv....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfCBx7i6uVw (sorry if the link doesn't work, took it from my phone)

_________________
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:11 pm
Posts: 995
toilet wrote:
Qiwater wrote:
Personally I feel the comments are totally unnecessary irrespective of whether they are true or not . I am no fan of Michael Schumacher but respect where respect is due .
A 7x WDC champion has left the sport and a legacy that has yet to be beaten,
It matters not if those wins were by fair means or foul that is the nature of F1.
He should be allowed to go about his business in peace without pointless comments from aggrieved former competitors.

I also believe that Rosberg is the last person to be surprised about anything to do with Lewis as the two know each other very well .

Also not sure about the calibre of of the publication but if the one reader who commented is anything to go by .........! 😳


Just to clarify, are you suggesting that just because he is the most successful driver in the history of the sport that he should be above critique, let alone someone going so far as to criticise him?


Whilst in the sport he was critiqued and criticised, lauded and applauded to the nth degree, that's fine and goes with the territory .
The article in the publication or whatever it was ,was in my opinion an unnecessary , poorly titled mish-mash of supposed quotes pulled from various sources and after reading it, I was none the wiser as to what exactly it was any of the three supposedly quoted drivers were on about .
I hope this clarifies things for you . 😊


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:54 pm
Posts: 473
Museli wrote:
His comments were not nasty or anything, he's speaking the truth. F1 continued without Michael form 2007 and will do so again.

+1

Enough said really, DC isnt being nasty instead he does his best to be more political than most other commentators. Problem with MSC though as Jake said, the man wont admit when he made a crucial mistake and talks as if he is above other drivers. I am not a fan of this whole "We got the best out of our package" when the team mate finishes 6 places higher.

DC is not bashing but defending MSC is only going to attract bashers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:45 am
Posts: 1321
Location: Sydney, Australia
minchy wrote:
Jenson's Understeer wrote:
I can't be bothered to find it, but there was a circuit guide DC did with Schumi (at Canada in 2010, I think?) where there certainly did appear to be any animosity between them. Which could've just been Coulthard being professional, but yeah, I didn't get a sense of any lingering issues. And I don't really take DC saying something completely fair - F1 has already survived Schumi retiring once, so why would it be any different this time? Especially when Schumi was, save a few moments, a shell of his former self - as evidence that he's holding a grudge now.

it was indeed Canada '10, it was a really good piece of tv....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfCBx7i6uVw (sorry if the link doesn't work, took it from my phone)

:D You beat me to it. I don't think that there is any animosity between Michael & DC, not these days. I actually found the article quite disjointed & wondered what things were missing including exactly what question DC was asked & in what context :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 3965
Teddy007 wrote:
Museli wrote:
His comments were not nasty or anything, he's speaking the truth. F1 continued without Michael form 2007 and will do so again.

+1

Enough said really, DC isnt being nasty instead he does his best to be more political than most other commentators. Problem with MSC though as Jake said, the man wont admit when he made a crucial mistake and talks as if he is above other drivers. I am not a fan of this whole "We got the best out of our package" when the team mate finishes 6 places higher.

DC is not bashing but defending MSC is only going to attract bashers.


How? Give me one example.

The position of the team mate has nothing to do with the package. The race has other variables too. As for the "We got the best out of our package", do you think there's a driver out there that doesn't try to get the best out of his car? Very odd. I thought that was their purpose

_________________
ΜΣ...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AngusWolfe, Azi, brakesteer97, lord byron, redballs, StevoYZF, Zoue and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group