planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:15 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:01 pm 

:| I don't like his comments, well I dislike it in fact. I wonder what any of you thinks, I wasn't around in F1 when DC was giving the finger to Schumy or Schumy going at him in Spa of 98' I wonder why he made those statements or is that just the truth? :|

http://www.auto123.com/en/racing-news/f ... tid=150909

Post subject: Re: D.C on Schumy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:03 pm 

His comments were not nasty or anything, he's speaking the truth. F1 continued without Michael form 2007 and will do so again.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:05 pm 

^yeah but it kinda hurts me as a semi-schumy fan.. I will definitely miss him!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:20 pm 

D.C. is absolutely right, no driver is bigger than F1. When Schumi's gone, there will be other incredibly talented people on the grid. If he'd been leading from the front every weekend or crashing into everyone each weekend, or if he'd been a title protagonist in his comeback, his departure would be noticed, but as he was in a midfield car and generally ambling around (not his fault), his lack of presence won't be noticable on the grid in terms of racing. That's not an insult to Schumi by the way, he'll be missed in a nostalgic way for me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:29 pm 

Well, F1 survived after his first retirement, when he was far more influential to the sport than this time and with less WDC winners/contenders than now. So yeah, DC makes a point.

F1 survived losing Fangio, Clarke, Senna, Prost. No one is bigger than the sport. Whoever thinks that they are themselves, they are in for a surprise

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:47 pm 

There has been more discussion on Michael retiring than there ever was for DC retiring.

I think that's why Coulthard always comes out with these comments. He takes every opportunity to get his digs in off-track because he was trounced on-track.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:53 pm 

DC does hate Schumacher imo and keeps it thinly concealed for the most part, but MS wasn't the guy who made him No.2 at McLaren.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:08 pm 

DC and Schumacher have made their piece a long time ago. I find DC quite fair towards Schumacher myself.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:48 pm 

He don't say nothing wrong, just a bash thread on DC.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:59 pm 

Nothing really wrong with what he said. What concerns me is this

"Jenson told me that Michael has lost none of his speed," the Scot is quoted by Speed Week."

That's genuinely insulting. Really Jenson?!

Forza Jules!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:23 pm 

How is that insulting?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:37 pm 

schumi7 wrote:
Nothing really wrong with what he said. What concerns me is this

"Jenson told me that Michael has lost none of his speed," the Scot is quoted by Speed Week."

That's genuinely insulting. Really Jenson?!

If Jenson says that then it holds allot more weight then any of the theories that people say on here that he's allot slower then he use to be. Jenson knows allot more then any of us about F1 and Schumacher. So really he's probably not lost any speed like I said all along, just his reactions and consistency was not the same.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:51 pm 

SchumieRules wrote:
DC and Schumacher have made their piece a long time ago.

Surface-deep only imo, you can hear Coulthard get really genuinely excited in commentary when something goes wrong or looks as if it might go wrong for Schumacher. I doubt whether Schumi really has an issue with DC but one can sense a latent resentment on DC's part. While he is correct to say no driver is bigger than F1, comparing MS's absence with that of Trulli's or Heidfeld's is as amusing as it is wide of the mark.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:01 pm 

SchumieRules wrote:
DC and Schumacher have made their piece a long time ago. I find DC quite fair towards Schumacher myself.

Damn, no-one corrected me there!

Peace

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:17 pm 

DC has seemed fair to Michael since taking on his role at the BBC. I dont see anything harsh or insulting about what he's said. Look at Bernie - he said he wished Michael had never come back!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:24 pm 

I think the author of this thread reffered at what i underlined:
Quote:
Jenson told me that Michael has lost none of his speed," the Scot is quoted by Speed Week. "I'm not so sure. Look at Rosberg -- is he faster than Michael was in his prime? That's hard to say."

First off all DC says that he can judge better than a man active in the field and not some driver but a champion.
Button had some duels with Schumacher over 3 years, Hamilton his teamate also( gave some feed back) also.
I also remeber Kimi had also some nice feedback from Spa this year.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:51 pm 

Have to agree with him the sport will go on without him

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:07 pm 

DC's pretty fair with his comments. I dare say Hill would have been more critical. How much of it is deserved criticism I wouldn't like to say. Michael was a bit of a hated character among his competitors.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:59 pm 

Jesus, Kolby, you don't half get your knickers in a twist bloody easily. I seem to remember from another thread that English isn't your first language, so I'll translate... you get far too easily wound up about things that are actually absolutely nothing.

Coulthard's actually complimenting Schumacher. Jenson thinks that Schumacher hadn't lost any of his speed, Coulthard thinks that Rosberg could not be good enough to be a match for Schumacher in his prime, thus his conclusion is that Schumacher must have lost some speed over time for Rosberg to be able to have been a match for him. He's not criticising Schumacher, maybe critiquing, but not criticising.

Edited to add last sentence.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:24 pm 

I don't think DC was particularly harsh in these comments. I think what Bernie said about MS sounded much harsher.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:38 pm 

I can't be bothered to find it, but there was a circuit guide DC did with Schumi (at Canada in 2010, I think?) where there certainly did appear to be any animosity between them. Which could've just been Coulthard being professional, but yeah, I didn't get a sense of any lingering issues. And I don't really take DC saying something completely fair - F1 has already survived Schumi retiring once, so why would it be any different this time? Especially when Schumi was, save a few moments, a shell of his former self - as evidence that he's holding a grudge now.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:37 am 

toilet wrote:
Jesus, Kolby, you don't half get your knickers in a twist bloody easily. I seem to remember from another thread that English isn't your first language, so I'll translate... you get far too easily wound up about things that are actually absolutely nothing.

Coulthard's actually complimenting Schumacher. Jenson thinks that Schumacher hadn't lost any of his speed, Coulthard thinks that Rosberg could not be good enough to be a match for Schumacher in his prime, thus his conclusion is that Schumacher must have lost some speed over time for Rosberg to be able to have been a match for him. He's not criticising Schumacher, maybe critiquing, but not criticising.

Edited to add last sentence.

Maybe I did took this in the wrong way thanks for clarifying :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:40 am 

What he said was true... People like to hate on DC for some reason, but he always struck me as an honest, straight-talking guy. He's admitted he wasn't as fast as Schumi, let's just take his words and not leap on them, shall we?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:12 am 

Spot on dc was right, he reminds me of webber a straight shooter. But what some people don't realize is when those to wernt racing they were quite good friends and still are, it's just the heat of the moment when there on the limit things get a little heated, though I think it's frustration on drivers not being able to pass schumi so easily, having said that f1 will certainly miss schumi look how many people started watching since his return and I believe made f1 the competitive platform it is, you just have to see how young they are now when schumi started 25 was the youngest.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:47 am 

Gather the pitchforks. It's time to go after Mr. Polygon head!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:08 am 

WOW! You can tell the offseason is in full swing- someone breaths the wrong way and there is a bash thread on the forum.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:13 pm 

Quote "Indeed, Coulthard thinks Schumacher will not even be missed."....

"No driver is greater than formula one," he insisted. ( :lol: did he really insist? :uhoh:)

Just another slow news week where someone makes an insignificant harmless comment and next thing it's a 'story' and we're all over it like the rabid dogs we are :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:29 pm 

Personally I feel the comments are totally unnecessary irrespective of whether they are true or not . I am no fan of Michael Schumacher but respect where respect is due .
A 7x WDC champion has left the sport and a legacy that has yet to be beaten,
It matters not if those wins were by fair means or foul that is the nature of F1.
He should be allowed to go about his business in peace without pointless comments from aggrieved former competitors.

I also believe that Rosberg is the last person to be surprised about anything to do with Lewis as the two know each other very well .

Also not sure about the calibre of of the publication but if the one reader who commented is anything to go by .........! 😳

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:37 am 

Qiwater wrote:
Personally I feel the comments are totally unnecessary irrespective of whether they are true or not . I am no fan of Michael Schumacher but respect where respect is due .
It matters not if those wins were by fair means or foul that is the nature of F1.
He should be allowed to go about his business in peace without pointless comments from aggrieved former competitors.

I also believe that Rosberg is the last person to be surprised about anything to do with Lewis as the two know each other very well .

Also not sure about the calibre of of the publication but if the one reader who commented is anything to go by .........! 😳

Just to clarify, are you suggesting that just because he is the most successful driver in the history of the sport that he should be above critique, let alone someone going so far as to criticise him?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:02 am 

Formula1Fan. wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
DC and Schumacher have made their piece a long time ago.

Surface-deep only imo, you can hear Coulthard get really genuinely excited in commentary when something goes wrong or looks as if it might go wrong for Schumacher. I doubt whether Schumi really has an issue with DC but one can sense a latent resentment on DC's part. While he is correct to say no driver is bigger than F1, comparing MS's absence with that of Trulli's or Heidfeld's is as amusing as it is wide of the mark.

Brundle is the same, I don't think he really hates Schumacher.

Whatever resentment is all hail the mods minimal.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:03 am 

iceman_fan90 wrote:
WOW! You can tell the offseason is in full swing- someone breaths the wrong way and there is a bash thread on the forum.

Exactly... I'ts Chines Whispers

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:30 pm 

Jenson's Understeer wrote:
I can't be bothered to find it, but there was a circuit guide DC did with Schumi (at Canada in 2010, I think?) where there certainly did appear to be any animosity between them. Which could've just been Coulthard being professional, but yeah, I didn't get a sense of any lingering issues. And I don't really take DC saying something completely fair - F1 has already survived Schumi retiring once, so why would it be any different this time? Especially when Schumi was, save a few moments, a shell of his former self - as evidence that he's holding a grudge now.

it was indeed Canada '10, it was a really good piece of tv....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfCBx7i6uVw (sorry if the link doesn't work, took it from my phone)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:38 pm 

toilet wrote:
Qiwater wrote:

Just to clarify, are you suggesting that just because he is the most successful driver in the history of the sport that he should be above critique, let alone someone going so far as to criticise him?

Whilst in the sport he was critiqued and criticised, lauded and applauded to the nth degree, that's fine and goes with the territory .
The article in the publication or whatever it was ,was in my opinion an unnecessary , poorly titled mish-mash of supposed quotes pulled from various sources and after reading it, I was none the wiser as to what exactly it was any of the three supposedly quoted drivers were on about .
I hope this clarifies things for you . 😊

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:09 am 

Museli wrote:
His comments were not nasty or anything, he's speaking the truth. F1 continued without Michael form 2007 and will do so again.

+1

Enough said really, DC isnt being nasty instead he does his best to be more political than most other commentators. Problem with MSC though as Jake said, the man wont admit when he made a crucial mistake and talks as if he is above other drivers. I am not a fan of this whole "We got the best out of our package" when the team mate finishes 6 places higher.

DC is not bashing but defending MSC is only going to attract bashers.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:32 am 

minchy wrote:
Jenson's Understeer wrote:

it was indeed Canada '10, it was a really good piece of tv....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfCBx7i6uVw (sorry if the link doesn't work, took it from my phone)

:D You beat me to it. I don't think that there is any animosity between Michael & DC, not these days. I actually found the article quite disjointed & wondered what things were missing including exactly what question DC was asked & in what context :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:57 pm 

Teddy007 wrote:
Museli wrote:

+1

Enough said really, DC isnt being nasty instead he does his best to be more political than most other commentators. Problem with MSC though as Jake said, the man wont admit when he made a crucial mistake and talks as if he is above other drivers. I am not a fan of this whole "We got the best out of our package" when the team mate finishes 6 places higher.

DC is not bashing but defending MSC is only going to attract bashers.

How? Give me one example.

The position of the team mate has nothing to do with the package. The race has other variables too. As for the "We got the best out of our package", do you think there's a driver out there that doesn't try to get the best out of his car? Very odd. I thought that was their purpose