planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:31 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:37 am
Posts: 85
Oh no, looks like more 'PR spin' from the poor 'victim' Webber; those Red bull monsters have sure done a good job of brainwashing him..... :lol:

Webber admitted in 2011 that he struggled to adapt his driving style to the exhaust-blown diffuser compared to Vettel, but when asked by ESPN if the Singapore update took this year's RB8 away from him in relation to his team-mate Webber replied: "Not really, no.

http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsport/story/97470.html

He obviously needs to be resuced from this 'dastardly cult' and 'de-programmed'.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:49 pm
Posts: 1791
Doesnt matter.

We will find some other way to explain away Vettel's 4 race streak and then the Abu Dhabi and Brazil fightback.

Universal laws of F1 cant be broken . And one of them is that "Drivers whose last name starts with V can not be deemed great drivers , all their wins should purely be attributed to a rare quantum phenomenon called the N-effect"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:01 am
Posts: 940
What the hell are you on about?

:? :? :?

Webber's not playing the victim. He's just saying Vettel did better than him and that it wasn't down to the car...

IE - Webber is saying

2011 - "I just couldn't adapt to the EBD"
2012 - "Vettel just kicked my donkey"

:D :D :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:00 pm
Posts: 2517
Gothalamide wrote:
What the hell are you on about?

:? :? :?

Webber's not playing the victim. He's just saying Vettel did better than him and that it wasn't down to the car...

IE - Webber is saying

2011 - "I just couldn't adapt to the EBD"
2012 - "Vettel just kicked my donkey"

:D :D :D

I don't think the OP was saying that Webber was playing the victim. He was taking a shot at those who think that Webber is hard done by the team.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:52 am
Posts: 987
Webber is happy in the team, he knows he's in the best team he can be in and gets a fair shot at the title but also knows he's just not as good as Vettel over the full season, he's to humble. If he could see all the theories and lies people say about RedBull he would be disappointed some fans resort to such low measures and give the good Webber fans a bad name.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:54 am
Posts: 1510
Location: Austria
F1yer wrote:
Doesnt matter.

We will find some other way to explain away Vettel's 4 race streak and then the Abu Dhabi and Brazil fightback.

Universal laws of F1 cant be broken . And one of them is that "Drivers whose last name starts with V can not be deemed great drivers , all their wins should purely be attributed to a rare quantum phenomenon called the N-effect"

you did a good job on saving a busy day at the office for me :thumbup:

_________________
How to fix F1:
1. Stop seeking consensuses on rules - it will always turn out to be the least favourible option for everyone involved...
2. Listen to the fans - there are plenty of them and they have good ideas...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:55 am
Posts: 212
This thread never happened. I refuse to see it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 3029
I enjoy this thread on so many levels. Two very enthusiastic thumbs up, fine holiday fun. :thumbup: thumbup:

(ps name the movie :eeps: )

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:19 pm
Posts: 900
Location: Los Angeles, California
Jomox wrote:
Webber is happy in the team, he knows he's in the best team he can be in and gets a fair shot at the title but also knows he's just not as good as Vettel over the full season, he's to humble. If he could see all the theories and lies people say about RedBull he would be disappointed some fans resort to such low measures and give the good Webber fans a bad name.


Since he has a twitter account, and because conspiracy theorists are so sure they are right (even when their theories are tested by logic and evidence) and therefore feel like they MUST spread the word, I'm sure he has seen those theories.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:05 pm
Posts: 2973
Thread title is slightly misleading.

What Webber is saying is that the Singapore update did not take Vettel away from him, but rather it was the intervention of a failed alternator, poor strategy, Grosjean's crashing and some poor luck which allowed Vettel to get away from him.

I agree with him wholeheartedly, and the proof lies in the fact that he out-qualified the supposed quali-master in 3 of the last 5 GPs, he would not have been able to do that if the update did not suit him.

_________________
We want heroes, but there are few, mainly it's cars - Pedro De La Rosa


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:19 pm
Posts: 900
Location: Los Angeles, California
Formula1Fan. wrote:
Thread title is slightly misleading.

What Webber is saying is that the Singapore update did not take Vettel away from him, but rather it was the intervention of a failed alternator, poor strategy, Grosjean's crashing and some poor luck which allowed Vettel to get away from him.

I agree with him wholeheartedly, and the proof lies in the fact that he out-qualified the supposed quali-master in 3 of the last 5 GPs, he would not have been able to do that if the update did not suit him.



Webber's the qualifying specialist. He's been known as one for years and years and years.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:05 pm
Posts: 2973
SnakeSVT2003 wrote:
Webber's the qualifying specialist. He's been known as one for years and years and years.

Indeed, no driver outside of Lewis Hamilton can go 'balls to the wall' over one lap quite like Webbo.

_________________
We want heroes, but there are few, mainly it's cars - Pedro De La Rosa


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:26 pm
Posts: 804
Location: Ontario, Canada
No way! he's lying for sure!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 8950
Formula1Fan. wrote:
Thread title is slightly misleading.

What Webber is saying is that the Singapore update did not take Vettel away from him, but rather it was the intervention of a failed alternator, poor strategy, Grosjean's crashing and some poor luck which allowed Vettel to get away from him.

I agree with him wholeheartedly, and the proof lies in the fact that he out-qualified the supposed quali-master in 3 of the last 5 GPs, he would not have been able to do that if the update did not suit him.

slightly misleading? Master of understatement ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Asphalt_World, Liket, shoot999 and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group