planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:26 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:19 pm 

Reason I ask is I've just watched some clips of the 70s and neally every driver has a ciggy out there mouth. How times have changed , though I rekin Lewis would puff on the old weed every now and then as he knows quite a few "SO" called rap stars ( say so called cuz tupac was the greatest) and I know kimi likes a drink. So what do you know or think?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:13 am 

Di Resta smokes, I think it was posted in another thread. I think it also said Rosberg did?

I think Hamilton got done in 2009 for driving his car like a rebel. Does that count as a bad habit? If it does Sutil has a bad habit of shoving bottles into peoples' necks. And Ross Brawn got disqualified from driving in 2009 for speeding.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:26 am 

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/134197 ... 97rw%3d%3d

http://www4.images.coolspotters.com/pho ... allery.jpg

Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have the skill & the will but the will must be stronger than the skill. Muhammad Ali

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:09 am 

Lewis likes tweeting?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:20 am 

Romain is constantly causing car accidents.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:16 am 

Yeah Romain and Pastor close their eyes when overtaking

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:39 pm 

There's plenty of drivers who can never seem to recognise when they've made a mistake.
Maybe not a bad habit as such, but delusional maybe?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:54 pm 

They are human - of course they have bad habits.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:04 pm 

I think bad habits in F1 are not really bad habits unless they pass 'The Kimi Challenge'!

That is, take a bad habit and imagine Kimi doing it, if it suddenly becomes cool then move on to the next one...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:25 pm 

If you use James Hunt as the yardstick all today's drivers are saints!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:42 am 

Volantary wrote:
Di Resta smokes, I think it was posted in another thread. I think it also said Rosberg did?

Rosberg said a driver he knows smokes. Of course it could be him.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:43 am 

itshoff15 wrote:

So is Senna.

I hope he kept all the bodywork he knocked off his own or other cars. For sponsorship.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:55 pm 

Biffa wrote:
I think bad habits in F1 are not really bad habits unless they pass 'The Kimi Challenge'!

That is, take a bad habit and imagine Kimi doing it, if it suddenly becomes cool then move on to the next one...

The problem there is that to Kimi fans, mass murder would be cool if Kimi did it :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:43 pm 

beanchimp wrote:
Yeah Romain and Pastor close their eyes when overtaking

Maybe Romain

but not Pastor anymore, he's changed

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:53 pm 

Hamilton plays the guitar.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:00 am 

minchy wrote:
Biffa wrote:

The problem there is that to Kimi fans, mass murder would be cool if Kimi did it :twisted:

LOL.... True that bro!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:18 am 

Schumi had a bad habit of trashing rooms when pissed after having won a WDC.

OK, 'habit' may be an exaggeration, but there's the 'famous' 'photo of the trashed room/trailer and, IIRC, he and Ralf trashed a hotel room or something in 'drunken exuberance' (anyone else and it would be yobbish behaviour...) at the end of a season?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:50 am 

Can't help seeing LH's earrings as anything but a bad habit, he keeps putting them back in.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:21 am 

Eva09 wrote:
itshoff15 wrote:

So is Senna.

I hope he kept all the bodywork he knocked off his own or other cars. For sponsorship.

You talking about Bruno? He was one of the cleanest midfield drivers this year.

Nowhere near as bad as Grosjean, Maldonado or Perez.

Senna was getting close to Maldonado in the points cos he kept bringing the car home.

#14 for '14

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:50 pm 

Mark webber always leaving razor at home, you grub :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:53 pm 

LKS1 wrote:
Schumi had a bad habit of trashing rooms when pissed after having won a WDC.

OK, 'habit' may be an exaggeration, but there's the 'famous' 'photo of the trashed room/trailer and, IIRC, he and Ralf trashed a hotel room or something in 'drunken exuberance' (anyone else and it would be yobbish behaviour...) at the end of a season?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:47 pm 

Hahhahahah I didn't believe it wen I read he trashed rooms, but there you and wats he doin wearing a Toyota shirt and hat not to mention the cigar. Schumi tha boss playa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:49 pm 

Sorry didn't notice ralf in tha corner with ferrari hat on, whats that expression on micks face

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:17 pm 

BAD HABITS Anthology

Jos Verstappen: Assaulting his wife

Adrian Sutil: (Supposedly) Assaulting Eric Lux and cutting his face

Lewis Hamilton: Tweeting

Gerhard Berger: Stupid practical joking that got dangerous sometimes (i.e. one of these jokes sent Jean Alesi to the hospital after GB made their car end upside-down because GB pulled the hand brake unexpectedly and for no reason at all)

Nelson Piquet: Punching Eliseo Salazar on the face, saying very nasty things to Mansell and Mansell's wife, pissing on the race seat (he says he couldn't help it...)

Ayrton Senna: Punching Irvine down to the floor, being the paradigm of a F1 prima-donna, and some bad on-track behavior.

Alain Prost: Affairs with other girls (supposedly was kicked out of Renault for messing with the wife of one important Renault team member; also Carolina de Monaco is supposed to be on the list; also fathered a girl out of wedlock).

M. Schumacher: Criminal fashion sense. Some bad on-track behavior.

Smoking is a bad habit? Come on guys...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:58 pm 

Biffa wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Does nail biting count? Kimi's nails are identical to mine; almost non-existent lol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:06 pm 

flavio81 wrote:
BAD HABITS Anthology

Jos Verstappen: Assaulting his wife

Adrian Sutil: (Supposedly) Assaulting Eric Lux and cutting his face

Lewis Hamilton: Tweeting

Gerhard Berger: Stupid practical joking that got dangerous sometimes (i.e. one of these jokes sent Jean Alesi to the hospital after GB made their car end upside-down because GB pulled the hand brake unexpectedly and for no reason at all)

Nelson Piquet: Punching Eliseo Salazar on the face, saying very nasty things to Mansell and Mansell's wife, pissing on the race seat (he says he couldn't help it...)

Ayrton Senna: Punching Irvine down to the floor, being the paradigm of a F1 prima-donna, and some bad on-track behavior.

Alain Prost: Affairs with other girls (supposedly was kicked out of Renault for messing with the wife of one important Renault team member; also Carolina de Monaco is supposed to be on the list; also fathered a girl out of wedlock).

M. Schumacher: Criminal fashion sense. Some bad on-track behavior.

Smoking is a bad habit? Come on guys...

The funniest bit about that was the way he was supposed to have just went back to Todt and told him they scratched his car a little bit. Or something on those lines :lol:

There was a story too that he tried giving another driver orange juice with sleeping tablets in it before the start of a race. But the other guy knowing Berger declined the drink.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:20 pm 

David Letterman's list of bad F1 habits!

1. Button's poor excuse for facial hair. At least mark has a manly beard on that Cro-Magnon jaw of his. :D

2. Heidfeld's burly beard and ridiculous Justin Bieber do with oversized aviator glasses that went out ofd style with the last showing of Top Gun in the 80's.

3. Raikkonen trying hard not to crack a smile or show emotion and not giving a flying youknowhat about a whole lot! LOL

4. Pic's pillow head do. Seriously guys, you're grown ass men. Look like you took at least 2 minutes to prepare yourself for the day!

5. Marussia parking vehicles in precarious places.

6. Most F1 teams for preferring pay drivers over talented ones.

7. Hamilton and Twitter

8. Caterham, HRT and Marussia for thinking coming in 10th place is the same as a win.

9. Eddie Jordan's roadkill - Needn't say anything more on this one.

10. Kubica crashing in rally cars repeatedly after almost losing life and limb in a rally car. Some folks prefer to learn the hard way and Kubica loves a challenge!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:54 pm 

Schuey doesn't only thrash room's.

http://www.topbossracing.com/images/Mic ... Crash1.jpg

Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have the skill & the will but the will must be stronger than the skill. Muhammad Ali

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:12 pm 

Jenson wears socks in bed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:18 pm 

Alonso plays with little dolls ( Tomita)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:29 pm 

Adrian Sutil (killer) :lol: He could've easely killed the guy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:43 pm 

Jos Verstappen has a bad habit of appearing in court accused of assault (twice) and more recently, attempted murder. By comparison Sutil is a pussycat.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:58 pm 

Webber - letting everyone on else go first at the start of the race

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:39 pm 

Lol at webber comment, I work with a Dutch guy who is neally 70 and he said he used to live next door to the verstappen family in holland. He said the whole verstappen family are gypsy and live out of a caravan and every Sunday his parents would knock on his door asking for money to buy bread, my mate said no as they were quite well of (just tight), apparently his father rebuilt old studabakers and chevs and Jos would test em out on the family property, guess that's were he learned to drive.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:58 am 

the incubus wrote:

1. Button's poor excuse for facial hair. At least mark has a manly beard on that Cro-Magnon jaw of his. :D

2. Heidfeld's burly beard and ridiculous Justin Bieber do with oversized aviator glasses that went out ofd style with the last showing of Top Gun in the 80's.

4. Pic's pillow head do. Seriously guys, you're grown ass men. Look like you took at least 2 minutes to prepare yourself for the day!

9. Eddie Jordan's roadkill - Needn't say anything more on this one.

Hair obsession?

#14 for '14

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:01 pm 

Not really but it's something I readily notice because growing up, my mom was a hair dresser and I learned to cut hair and then relied on it to help feed myself while going to college. It was the only job I could do from home and at $10 a pop, 4-5 heads a day, plus tips, ended up yielding more money than my crappy part time job at a print shop. So yeah, I kinda notice that.

Having said that, Button's scraggly facial hair is almost pathetic so perhaps it's best to just take it off.

Heidfeld simply changed his look from one season to the next with no warning and it always stuck out for me and it came across as a bit of a wannabe look.

Pic… Well his picture on the F1.com site says it all.

Eddie Jordan… I mean c'mon, It's only 2nd worst toupee to be shown on television in the last 20 years, 2nd only to this guy:

OK maybe not that bad but still, it looks odd, especially when the hairline just in front of the ears is so far back. LOL

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:24 pm 

Chriso wrote:
Lol at webber comment, I work with a Dutch guy who is neally 70 and he said he used to live next door to the verstappen family in holland. He said the whole verstappen family are gypsy and live out of a caravan and every Sunday his parents would knock on his door asking for money to buy bread, my mate said no as they were quite well of (just tight), apparently his father rebuilt old studabakers and chevs and Jos would test em out on the family property, guess that's were he learned to drive.

I would get your "mate" to check his facts,

first Jos didn't live in holland , he lived in the netherlands, montfort to be precise (holland is roughly the triangle between amsters, rotterdam and utrect) and montfort is very south.
he was carting by 1980, and champion by 1984/5 i think. So learning to drive in a studabaker at 7 years old seems strange ??

met him a couple of times during the mid 90's while i was living over there, nice enough guy, big for an F1 driver, and very good mates with schumi.
He was looked on as a god in dutch sports.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:20 pm 

Yeah maybe , just mentioning what he told me, as for holland I thought they were the same place, he said he was from the nietherlands to just typed holland easier to type on iPhone. If what your saying is true iam dissapionted as I always spoke to this guy about motorsport, this ame guy said he use to race bikes back in nietherlands. And yeah that's how he rekins Jos learned how to drive. Sorry if it's incorrect, I thought he knew his stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:30 pm 

the incubus wrote:

Letterman doesn't know anything about fashion, i see. Those two (Heidfeld and Button) do have excellent fashion sense.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:26 pm 

Sorry Flavio, as a New Yorker I can honestly say with the utmost confidence... Uhm no.

And in his very own David Letterman tribute look:

Heidfeld:

Interestingly I disagree with the opinion on Michael. Ole chap looks mightily fashionable sporting a shirt with jeans and matching shoes.
he's had his moment in the past, but for the most part, Michael is always well dressed.

Reference to Letterman is merely because he does a top ten list every night, going on, oh I dunno… 30+ years? Nothing to do with his fashion sense.