planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:26 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:05 am 

I live bout 5 mins from surfers and have watched the champ cars there in the past only to image how much better the formula one cars would be here than Melbourne. I still go every year but only have v8 supercars there now and need an international series, would love to see f1 there it would be way more exciting than Valencia.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:04 am 

I too have thought about this some time ago but came to the conclusion that it was too narrow, the first turn would be a nightmare, and there is only 1 suitable place for overtaking on the entire lap.

I would have loved visiting for the F1 as I really love going to the beach and the nightlife that surfers provides.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:53 am 

It would be convenient (on a personal note), simply because I live close-ish.. but the track is the most boring track I've ever seen in my life. There is hardly any overtaking at Monaco, but it's still an interesting track. You'd see hardly any overtaking if Formula One went to Surfers, and it's about as interesting a circuit as a game of bingo.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:00 am 

Yeah it is narrow but so is Monaco and if the heavier champ cars can make it through no doubt f1s can I mean ull have a few collision (guaranteed if grosjean is there) but I think it would be awesome but as a local the council we have hear is a joke they want nothing to do with motorsport. The local kart club for yrs asked for there own track as they have to travel 2hrs either north or south for a race. 1st council goes get 20000 sigs, after 3 yrs they did, council still refused then say only if u raise funds, the club did and still no circuit. Absolute joke and don't get me started in dawn critchlow.
Surfers night race would rock

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:25 am 

Not really the best place for F1, it's very narrow and no real overtaking spots. The appeal of Monaco is that the track itself is extremely challenging, surfers not so much.

Podiums: 5
2014 Championship Standing: *mumble*

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:06 am 

Yeah your right but I think the unique spot as it being right on the beach will make it a decent race, sure the drivers will like it, I don't think it could be any more boring than Valencia.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:41 am 

Chriso wrote:
Yeah your right but I think the unique spot as it being right on the beach will make it a decent race, sure the drivers will like it, I don't think it could be any more boring than Valencia.

But you'll be replacing Melbourne which in my view is a much better venue and race track for F1.

Podiums: 5
2014 Championship Standing: *mumble*

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:10 am 

Melbourne is good, or would you rather it hosted on a proper built circuit, I think Australia deserves one to level of Austin,Abu dhabi and so on.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:17 am 

Chriso wrote:

Just because it is a street track next to a beach doesn't mean it will make for a good race.

IMO the track at Surfers would be a dog of a track for F1. Just another narrow concrete canyon with bugger all overtaking opportunities.

It works for the super cars cause they can & do, bounce of each other. As for the Indy cars, I never liked them at Surfers either.

As for it being no more boring than Valencia, I can see the advert now. "F1GP at Surfers. At least we're not as boring as Valencia".

That catchy.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:21 pm 

Jezza13 wrote:
Chriso wrote:

Just because it is a street track next to a beach doesn't mean it will make for a good race.

IMO the track at Surfers would be a dog of a track for F1. Just another narrow concrete canyon with bugger all overtaking opportunities.

It works for the super cars cause they can & do, bounce of each other. As for the Indy cars, I never liked them at Surfers either.

As for it being no more boring than Valencia, I can see the advert now. "F1GP at Surfers. At least we're not as boring as Valencia".

That catchy.

This is not true anymore. Valencia was one of the best races this season. 79 overtakes. There were only 2 races with more overtakes: Chinese and Brazilian GP.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:44 pm 

Depends what you like I suppose if you've ever been there the racing isn't to bad circuit Always
springs a few suprises, and as for overtaking it's not all about passing if you follow the technical side and a driver is winning by 20 odd seconds, to me that's as good as passing, if he himself set the car up through his own input, fascinating, then again depends on how deep your obsession with the sport is just my opinion.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:51 pm 

I think it would be a cracker and v8s can't bump to pass here ,track is a road every other day no rubber on surface, car looses control bang into fence seen it happen in front of me too often. Most drivers have learned to be more patient, as for f1 the lack of grip would through a curve ball every season plus the nite life a bit better here that's why most of them come to gold coast when here. Barrichello said in I think 2004 when he was here to watch Tony kanaan, he said formula one would be fantastic here.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:25 pm 

Surfers Paradise could be done.

But I'd rather like to see how they do at Mount Panorama.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:56 pm 

NASCAR at Mount Panorama.
It is one of my favorite tracks.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:20 am 

Mt. Panaroma would be good also imo.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:32 am 

Chriso wrote:
I live bout 5 mins from surfers and have watched the champ cars there in the past only to image how much better the formula one cars would be here than Melbourne. I still go every year but only have v8 supercars there now and need an international series, would love to see f1 there it would be way more exciting than Valencia.

adelaide > all other circuts in australia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:57 am 

IXIAN wrote:
NASCAR at Mount Panorama.
It is one of my favorite tracks.

Its been done..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB-ttCmHyZY