planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:38 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 104
Worst ever driver could be based on luck, stupidity or hatred or watever, mine are Gaston mazzacane, Tomas enge,Yuji Ide, hate sutil (dunno why) and of course my fav Taki Inoue

Oops forgot luca badoer


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:29 am
Posts: 975
I think we have a new nominee for Thread Starter of the Year

14 in one page?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:29 pm
Posts: 1379
Location: Wrexham, UK
Luca Badoer is a very highly respected test driver amongst the Ferrari camp. He didn't have good results really at all when racing, but his actual input into race winning cars was top notch I believe, though I'm open to being corrected there.

I think pretty much any driver who gets into F1 isn't a 'worst ever driver', they're all extremely talented individuals, some just moreso than others.

_________________
"You are the universe expressing itself as a Human for a little while..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:53 am
Posts: 2685
Location: Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
Wo wo wo (that's English for stop a horse). Watch what you say about Taki Inoue, the man's a legend.

_________________
I went skating on your name,
And by tracing it twice,
I fell through the ice,
of Alice


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:33 pm
Posts: 1739
Location: Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales
Ide, Yamamoto, Montagny, Kiesa [he missed his window for qualifying in Canada!], Yoong, Nakano, Inoue. Although Taki Inoue is perhaps an unfair example - he did seem to attract the medical car towards him, famously being hit by it twice in one year. Hardly his fault.

_________________
Copper Masked Sunrise
http://www.justgiving.com/CIN-Mystery-P ... 00b9467dcb
https://www.facebook.com/BadExcusesBand


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:26 pm
Posts: 91
Since 2004, when I started watching F1, the worst ones have been

1. Luca Badoer
2. Yuji Ide
3. Sakon Yamamoto
4. Narain Karthikeyan
5. Patrick Friesacher

I think everyone else at least showed flashes of decency since that time (was tempted to put Piquet on this list)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:44 pm
Posts: 805
Gaston Mazzacane

http://www.f1rejects.com/drivers/mazzacane/biography.html

_________________
Pick 10 Competition:
2013 - 10th Place - Winner of the Nico Hulkenberg Trophy and Mystic Eddie Jordan's Crystal Ball
2014 - 9th Place - Winner of the Nico Hulkenberg Trophy


Pick 10 Podiums:
1st Place: USA 2012, Japan 2013
3rd Place: China 2014


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 6587
Surely Bernie has to get a mention.

_________________
Disclaimer: The above post maybe tongue in cheek.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:06 pm
Posts: 145
I surprised Scott Speed not got a mention.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 793
Location: Derby
I was about to say speed only for his misplaced arrogance. Not necessarily on ability


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:29 am
Posts: 975
I always remember Badoer crying at Nurburgring (1999?) when in 4th place or thereabouts.

I doubt Ferrari would have employed him if he was that bad, though.

I'd say my top 5 worst (in equally-worst order):

Alex Yoong
Gaston Mazzacane
Esteban Tuero
Noberto Fontana
Pedro Diniz

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 793
Location: Derby
Always had a soft spot for diniz, on luck Michael Andretti didn't do that well, although did have talent


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 6587
Who was the guy who parked it after a lap or something in practice complaining of too much grip?

_________________
Disclaimer: The above post maybe tongue in cheek.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:29 pm
Posts: 1379
Location: Wrexham, UK
Actually, I'll take back what I said about all F1 drivers being talented, just so I can say: Scott Speed. I detested that guy, he was worthless.

_________________
"You are the universe expressing itself as a Human for a little while..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:29 pm
Posts: 1379
Location: Wrexham, UK
Johnston wrote:
Who was the guy who parked it after a lap or something in practice complaining of too much grip?

Nissany?

_________________
"You are the universe expressing itself as a Human for a little while..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:44 pm
Posts: 805
MistaVega23 wrote:
I always remember Badoer crying at Nurburgring (1999?) when in 4th place or thereabouts.

I doubt Ferrari would have employed him if he was that bad, though.

I'd say my top 5 worst (in equally-worst order):

Alex Yoong
Gaston Mazzacane
Esteban Tuero
Noberto Fontana
Pedro Diniz


I thought Tuero had some potential. He was only 20 when he came into F1 and was at least able to fight other cars with his Minardi (sometimes literally). It would have been interesting to see where he could have gone with a bit more experience and a midfield car but he vanished in strange circumstances!

Ricardo Rosset definitely deserves an honourable mention in this thread.

_________________
Pick 10 Competition:
2013 - 10th Place - Winner of the Nico Hulkenberg Trophy and Mystic Eddie Jordan's Crystal Ball
2014 - 9th Place - Winner of the Nico Hulkenberg Trophy


Pick 10 Podiums:
1st Place: USA 2012, Japan 2013
3rd Place: China 2014


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 6587
jammin78 wrote:
Johnston wrote:
Who was the guy who parked it after a lap or something in practice complaining of too much grip?

Nissany?



I think you are right.

Sat in the car whilst it was on the crane because he couldn't get the steering wheel off .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofWSBHbgUlg

_________________
Disclaimer: The above post maybe tongue in cheek.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:29 pm
Posts: 1379
Location: Wrexham, UK
Johnston wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
Johnston wrote:
Who was the guy who parked it after a lap or something in practice complaining of too much grip?

Nissany?



I think you are right.

Sat in the car whilst it was on the crane because he couldn't get the steering wheel off .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofWSBHbgUlg

Haha yeah, I remember that, what a dude. Those darn steering wheels. Hamilton and Macca can change one in 2 seconds haha!

_________________
"You are the universe expressing itself as a Human for a little while..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 793
Location: Derby
Johnston wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
Johnston wrote:
Who was the guy who parked it after a lap or something in practice complaining of too much grip?

Nissany?



I think you are right.

Sat in the car whilst it was on the crane because he couldn't get the steering wheel off .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofWSBHbgUlg

i forgot all about that! Made my week that has


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:29 am
Posts: 975
coulthards chin wrote:
MistaVega23 wrote:
I always remember Badoer crying at Nurburgring (1999?) when in 4th place or thereabouts.

I doubt Ferrari would have employed him if he was that bad, though.

I'd say my top 5 worst (in equally-worst order):

Alex Yoong
Gaston Mazzacane
Esteban Tuero
Noberto Fontana
Pedro Diniz


I thought Tuero had some potential. He was only 20 when he came into F1 and was at least able to fight other cars with his Minardi (sometimes literally). It would have been interesting to see where he could have gone with a bit more experience and a midfield car but he vanished in strange circumstances!

Ricardo Rosset definitely deserves an honourable mention in this thread.


I couldn't think of who drove the '97 Lola and up pops Mr Rosset! :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:54 pm
Posts: 514
jammin78 wrote:
Luca Badoer is a very highly respected test driver amongst the Ferrari camp. He didn't have good results really at all when racing, but his actual input into race winning cars was top notch I believe, though I'm open to being corrected there.


Have you got evidence to back that up?

Badoer gets my vote for the last 10 years, MSC and Pedro showed us that they can be out of an F1 car for some time and still manage to pull of okay times. Badoer struggled with the back runners, he was a costly mistake to stick in an F1 car.

As far as im concerned this guy gets my vote.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:29 pm
Posts: 1379
Location: Wrexham, UK
Teddy007 wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
Luca Badoer is a very highly respected test driver amongst the Ferrari camp. He didn't have good results really at all when racing, but his actual input into race winning cars was top notch I believe, though I'm open to being corrected there.


Have you got evidence to back that up?

Badoer gets my vote for the last 10 years, MSC and Pedro showed us that they can be out of an F1 car for some time and still manage to pull of okay times. Badoer struggled with the back runners, he was a costly mistake to stick in an F1 car.

As far as im concerned this guy gets my vote.

No I haven't got any eivdence, hence my "I'm open to being corrected", and my saying "I believe", they're not facts, just what I believe. When he retired from testing in 09/10 (just after his awful stint as Massa's replacement) I'm sure his praises were sung for his testing roles. He must've been alright to be Ferrari's test driver for 12 years! He just couldn't translate it to racing it seemed, he was laughable in the 09 races.

_________________
"You are the universe expressing itself as a Human for a little while..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:55 pm
Posts: 21
Sorry folks, only one answer is acceptable: Jean-Denis Delatraz.

Nigel Roebuck once wrote that Delatraz made Lavaggi look like Nuvolari. Among his other gifts to F1, Delatraz once went round a corner at Estoril so slowly that he stalled and had to be push started by the marshalls! He was lapped after 10 laps at Adelaide 1994 and at Portugal 1995 was 40 seconds behind the leader after three laps despite a trouble-free run.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 793
Location: Derby
jammin78 wrote:
Teddy007 wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
Luca Badoer is a very highly respected test driver amongst the Ferrari camp. He didn't have good results really at all when racing, but his actual input into race winning cars was top notch I believe, though I'm open to being corrected there.


Have you got evidence to back that up?

Badoer gets my vote for the last 10 years, MSC and Pedro showed us that they can be out of an F1 car for some time and still manage to pull of okay times. Badoer struggled with the back runners, he was a costly mistake to stick in an F1 car.

As far as im concerned this guy gets my vote.

No I haven't got any eivdence, hence my "I'm open to being corrected", and my saying "I believe", they're not facts, just what I believe. When he retired from testing in 09/10 (just after his awful stint as Massa's replacement) I'm sure his praises were sung for his testing roles. He must've been alright to be Ferrari's test driver for 12 years! He just couldn't translate it to racing it seemed, he was laughable in the 09 races.

in pretty sure i remember an interview with Schumacher where he stated he would rather trust badoer with testing his car than anyone else. Got to say something for his technical feedback if nothing else


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 am
Posts: 4009
De Crasharis?

Not the worst, but so prone to accidents that I would never employ him if I was an F1 boss

_________________
ΜΣ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:29 pm
Posts: 1379
Location: Wrexham, UK
Waders wrote:
Sorry folks, only one answer is acceptable: Jean-Denis Delatraz.

Nigel Roebuck once wrote that Delatraz made Lavaggi look like Nuvolari. Among his other gifts to F1, Delatraz once went round a corner at Estoril so slowly that he stalled and had to be push started by the marshalls! He was lapped after 10 laps at Adelaide 1994 and at Portugal 1995 was 40 seconds behind the leader after three laps despite a trouble-free run.

Just read his profile, and that takes the biscuit! What a dude!

_________________
"You are the universe expressing itself as a Human for a little while..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:28 pm
Posts: 1157
Location: The Finnish forests
Délétraz is definitely one of the worst ever (I won't go any further because I don't know enough about it).

In recent times Yuji Ide. I have no idea what he was doing in F1.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:28 am
Posts: 368
MistaVega23 wrote:
I always remember Badoer crying at Nurburgring (1999?) when in 4th place or thereabouts.

I doubt Ferrari would have employed him if he was that bad, though.

I'd say my top 5 worst (in equally-worst order):

Alex Yoong
Gaston Mazzacane
Esteban Tuero
Noberto Fontana
Pedro Diniz

Extremely unfair to put Diniz on that list.
He started in F1 as a pay driver but ended his F1 career as a paid driver. How many others can say that?

Fontana was talented, just got shafted by Sauber (it's very uncommon for someone to say that about Sauber).
Tuero was extremely inexperienced when he arrived in F1, so much so that Martin Brundle wondered about the wisdom of him being allowed in, but by the season's end Brundle said he did a good job and deserved a second season.
As for Mazzacane and Yoong... while they both were awfully slow, at least they mainly managed to keep it on the tarmac and not crash into people too much.
A pity the same cannot be said for some in F1 now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 104
Who cares how many I post if intresting who cares, just trying to find people who love this fantastic sport like me if you annoyed don't read sorry mate, u you must forgive iam aussie finding an f1 fan here is a needle in a hay stack you gotta watch bloody footy or cricket here, we have hardly no support here for our boys, just trying to make people aware before they jump on band wagon if an Aussie ever wins the title ( again ). Simple don't like don't read sorry pal.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:21 pm
Posts: 257
Although he may not be the worst ever, Deletraz must be included in any discussion of this or it fails.

Anyone who qualifies a F-1 car in a time that would be mid grid in a lower formula is surely a candidate.

He drove the car like many of us would...as the announcer put it "staggeringly slow"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:56 am
Posts: 1208
No respect for Luca Badoer here. Luca Badoer soundly beat Barrichello, Panis and Coulthard on International Formula 3000...

_________________
"I'm going to go in the car but I'm telling you, from today, I'm going to do what I want to do when it's wet."-- Prost, 1982, immediately after Didier's accident.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:19 pm 
MistaVega23 wrote:
I think we have a new nominee for Thread Starter of the Year

14 in one page?


And all in just 5 days.

Chriso wrote:
Who cares how many I post if intresting who cares, just trying to find people who love this fantastic sport like me if you annoyed don't read sorry mate, u you must forgive iam aussie finding an f1 fan here is a needle in a hay stack you gotta watch bloody footy or cricket here, we have hardly no support here for our boys, just trying to make people aware before they jump on band wagon if an Aussie ever wins the title ( again ). Simple don't like don't read sorry pal.


Thank you, I will. I have no problem ignoring any posts you create.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:24 am
Posts: 1503
Tuero was promising but his career was ended in the same incident which decided the 1998 WDC. He crashed into somebody (Takagi?) going into the final chicane in Suzuka and was launched up into the air. The hard landing damaged his back and he was unable to race in F1 again after that. Meanwhile Schumacher drove through the debris from the accident and had a puncture going down the main straight. The rest is history.

My nomination would probably be Giovanna Amati. She attempted to qualify for 3 races in a Brabham in 1992. In her 3rd and final attempt her best lap was 5 seconds slower than her team mate (the truly awesome Eric Van der Poele) and 11 seconds off pole. SHe was replaced by Damon Hill for the next race.

_________________
I remember when this website was all fields.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:53 am
Posts: 2685
Location: Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
Waders wrote:
Sorry folks, only one answer is acceptable: Jean-Denis Delatraz.

Nigel Roebuck once wrote that Delatraz made Lavaggi look like Nuvolari. Among his other gifts to F1, Delatraz once went round a corner at Estoril so slowly that he stalled and had to be push started by the marshalls! He was lapped after 10 laps at Adelaide 1994 and at Portugal 1995 was 40 seconds behind the leader after three laps despite a trouble-free run.

Oh man, I haven't thought about him in years. You're right though. In his couple of outings in 1994 he was battered by teammate Hideki Noda, who wouldn't be out of place in this thread himself.

_________________
I went skating on your name,
And by tracing it twice,
I fell through the ice,
of Alice


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:24 am
Posts: 1503
All the votes for Badoer have to, by default, be transfered to Andres Montermini.

They were team mates at Forti in '96. Neither qualified for the first race in Melbourne but Andrea was 3 seconds off Luca's pace. He was also 1 second slower in qualy at Argentina, Canada and Spain and 1.5s slower in San Marino.

_________________
I remember when this website was all fields.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:03 pm
Posts: 39
Drivers like Kiesa, Speed, Yamamoto must have had some talent to actually get into F1, no matter how bad they've been. This Inoue bloke was before my time, but Ide has to be the worst of all time.

Three races in and it's back to racing Nissan saloon's in Japan.

Siyonara


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:28 pm
Posts: 1157
Location: The Finnish forests
From the 1950s, where I'd assume there's more than one or two bad drivers, I raise you a man called Bernie Ecclestone.

At the 1958 British Grand Prix, Stirling Moss took pole with 1:39,4, Jack Fairman was penultimate with 1:58,8, and dead last, not even participating in the race - Bernie Ecclestone with 2:38.4.

Source: http://www.manipef1.com/results/1958/britain/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:39 am
Posts: 108
Since OP didn't specifically mention F1 drivers I have to give a shout out to my wife :( Even the dog is restless when she drives :D
All kidding aside I would say - Alex Yoong.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:39 pm
Posts: 1153
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Luca Badoer is the king of slow.

The reason being that he had a reasonably fast car.
We cant compare old Minardi and Spyker, etc "stars" because those poor bastards never had a chance being fast.

_________________
..

Minds are like parachutes, they work best when they are open


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:14 am
Posts: 659
Location: Chicago, Illinois, USA
I guess I can place 1994 pair Jean-Marc Gugnon and David Brahbam during the Simtek days.

And what about drivers from Arrows such as Enrique Bernoli, Toru Takagi, and Marc Surer. OH... let us not forget the Zakspeed pair of Bernd Schneider and Aguri Suzuki with their hapless 1989 Yamaha's.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: brakesteer97, Google [Bot], Jeepkhana, pokerman and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group