planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:34 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:54 am 

spiritone wrote:
Another pay driver. To bad that the lower teams have to give seats to drivers that bring money but not the talent to go with it. Think about it, would any of the top teams even think about giving a driver like pic a ride, not a chance. If it wasn't for the money none of these drivers would get a ride. This has even infected teams like williams who would have finished higher up if they had been able to hire drivers on talent instead of money. How far up the grid is this problem going to go?

in fairness to Williams both senna and Maldonado has good lower formula results a gp2 winner and gp2 runner up. In sennas gp2 season he beat petrov, grosjean, kobyashi, di grassi and Maldonado so he is no slouch.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:33 pm 

Good luck to him. Perform well against glock and he could earn a move up to caterham. Woohoo!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:56 pm 

Lt. Drebin wrote:
Max Chilton does not have official website as of yet?!?

He did have as of yesterday but it was terrible. Looks like it is being replaced with a better one.

http://www.maxchilton.com/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:26 pm 

Jomox wrote:
What you have to understand is, you don't just get an F1 drive for driving talent alone. What Max has done while in motorsports and more recently in association with Marussia is show he has great development and people skills.

He has a great ability to give detailed feedback to the engineers to help with car development and set-ups. This is one of the key aspects in him getting the drive, as Marussia are always looking for any drivers that can give good detailed feedback that can aid with car development and set-ups during a weekend.

Of course his potential as a driver was also noticed by Marussia while in a test role in their F1 car and in association with their team in GP2, which helped allot. Generally a driver gelling with the team members with good people/cooperate skills and being able to give detailed feedback are vital aspects of getting a potential drive (Along with sponsorship money)

Now if he has what it takes to drive as a full time F1 driver we will have to see.

Do you work with him?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:53 pm 

I guess that was a joke post.

I am just talking about the facts and realism of the situation. People just throw conspiracies about it being about money only, of course it was a contribution but it was not the only factor, as stated.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:54 pm 

No the fact that his dad runs carlin also helped ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:36 pm 

Wow, so much hate on one thread.

Good luck to him i say, let's get behind the Brits instead of knocking them all the time.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:52 pm 

I don't care about the nationality as long as they at least prove they deserve a chance in f1 in my view he hasn't as of yet, if he proves me wrong fair play to the lad and i will stand corrected.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:06 pm 

As stated it was a number of factors as to why he got the drive, it would be very naive to think he only got the drive because of money only, or one other thing.

Moley wrote:
Wow, so much hate on one thread.

Good luck to him i say, let's get behind the Brits instead of knocking them all the time.

Welcome to PF1, guys don't even make their debut yet, but they will have haters all fired up to bash.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:59 am 

went to school with him, he was a bit of a nob but well done on him for getting an F1 seat.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:19 pm 

Just found out my friend is heading his digital marketing as he works for a the company that manages his marketing/promotion. Recently he got to drive with him here http://www.letsrace.co.uk. Hopefully I cant get some info over the next year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:21 pm 

I like seeing new British drivers on the grid. He did ok in GP2 last year but he has a lot to prove in F1. Could be too much too soon for him tbh. If he beats Glock he'll finish Glock's F1 career, if he's beaten by Glock then we all expected it. He'll probably be at the pickle end of the grid pretty much every Quali session though.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:29 pm 

Marussia seem very optimistic about moving up to the midfield next season, so there's gonna be more pressure on both drivers to do well.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:56 pm 

Kind of quiet last month about Chillton. As we all now by now, in the meantime Glock ended his contract with Marussia by mutual agreement (ya, right) so Chillton's colleague is still unknown. Which does give him a break, as it will be probably another rookie with money (Razia?), easier to defeat than Glock. Marussia, as a team, doesn't look too good at this time however, probably money's really becoming a big issue - big enough to sack a confirmed driver, which usually does not happen. Not to mention that , as far as I know, Cossworth don't have a V6 in preparation and I didn't hear any rumors about another engine deal yet.

So, to end on an optimistic note, good luck to Chillton into showing some sparks quick and get another team's endorsement by 2014, as Marussia does not seem to be a long-time viable engagement.