It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:46 am

All times are UTC

Who will win first?
Sergio Perez 70%  70%  [ 76 ]
Romain Grosjean 19%  19%  [ 21 ]
Nico Hulkenburg 10%  10%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 108
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:57 pm 

Which one of these 3 drivers do you think will will for their first GP in 2013?

Of course, 2 or even all 3 might win during the course of the season, in which case the poll question refers to the driver who wins first.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:08 pm 

It has got to be Perez. The Mclaren will be quick, so if Button drops the ball in a given race, Perez might take it.
I think the Lotus will be a good car, though still slower than the RB's and Mclarens. I suspect Grosjean will be behind Raikkonen most of the time, so that would diminish his chances.

Hülkenberg ('berg' btw, not 'burg', lots of people tend to spell it that way?), for some reason I don't see it happening in the Sauber, unless there's a weird race with freak results.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:19 pm 

Hulkenberg - Sauber, unlikely
Grosjean - If he can get to the end of the first lap
Perez - Has the best set of tools in this comparison methinks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:20 pm 

definitely perez and for sure grosjean

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:38 pm 

Heart wants it to be Romain, but my head tells me Perez. He's got the car and the team to do it, by far and away the best chance of the three.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:56 pm 

Perez will be in the best of these cars, so hard to vote against him in this pols

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:03 pm 

Perez has the car and team to win, whereas I think RoGro has more ability to win, like stringing a whole good race weekend together.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:16 pm 

Unless McLaren somehow go massively backwards - unlikely, given how little is changing between the '12 and '13 cars - then the only thing that'll stop Perez is himself. I would expect him to win at some point in 2013.

Grosjean, probably not. I'd love for him to win, but I think Lotus still need to take a decent step forwards to really allow him to do so. If they give him a car which can win races, and he can stay out of trouble (and his alternator doesn't fail), then he certainly has the pace to win a race, but I'm not sure I see it happening in 2013.

Hulkenberg, I'd be really surprised. He will win a race at some point, IMO, but I don't see that happening in a Sauber. Certainly not in a normal race.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:23 pm 

Location: Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert
The one with by far the least talent.

of Alice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:24 pm 

Jenson's Understeer wrote:
Unless McLaren somehow go massively backwards - unlikely, given how little is changing between the '12 and '13 cars - then the only thing that'll stop Perez is himself. I would expect him to win at some point in 2013.

Grosjean, probably not. I'd love for him to win, but I think Lotus still need to take a decent step forwards to really allow him to do so. If they give him a car which can win races, and he can stay out of trouble (and his alternator doesn't fail), then he certainly has the pace to win a race, but I'm not sure I see it happening in 2013.

Hulkenberg, I'd be really surprised. He will win a race at some point, IMO, but I don't see that happening in a Sauber. Certainly not in a normal race.

Who thinks Perez is going to win a race? To win a race you need to beat your teammate, and I see Button beating Perez a lot next year.

At least Grosjean can beat Raikkonen on pace.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:26 pm 

ATM I'd be tempted to put a fiver on Perez for Oz.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:31 pm 

Hulkenberg hands down. Although he drives a slower car than Perez' and Grosjean's, he's a better driver than the other two. If the situation helps, he may steal a win.

Perez? If he wins then where do you think Button is? DNF?
Grosjean? If he wins then where do you think Raikkonen is? Crashed out by another driver? Or by his crash-kid team mate?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:33 pm 

Jenson's Understeer wrote:

The bit in bold is key I think. I can't see him beating Button at his own game (tyre preservation) in his own team.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:42 pm 

Johnston wrote:

Stick it on Bahrain if I were you. Button is VERY strong in AUS.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:45 pm 

Eva09 wrote:
Johnston wrote:

True dat, Button's a bit of a beast in the land down under. Speaking of which, I might put money on Button to win in Oz...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:04 pm 

ferdinand wrote:
Hulkenberg hands down. Although he drives a slower car than Perez' and Grosjean's, he's a better driver than the other two. If the situation helps, he may steal a win.

Perez? If he wins then where do you think Button is? DNF?
Grosjean? If he wins then where do you think Raikkonen is? Crashed out by another driver? Or by his crash-kid team mate?

The thing is, with expected relative car and driver performances in mind (and only speaking about the teams of these drivers), in normal situations:
- Hulkenberg should find 4 cars in front of him: both Mclarens, both Lotuses
- Grosjean should find 2-3 cars in front of him: both Mclarens (3 if you count Raikkonen to be generally in front of Grosjean)
- Perez should find only his team mate in front of him.

So as I said, Hulkenberg would probably need a freak race to end up in front of all of them. Perez less so.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:22 pm 

jammin78 wrote:
Eva09 wrote:
Johnston wrote:

True dat, Button's a bit of a beast in the land down under. Speaking of which, I might put money on Button to win in Oz...

I certainly will be after my previous 3 windfalls, 50/1 pre season 09, 16/1 as it started to rain on the grid in 10 and 6/1 pre season this year.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:32 pm 

jammin78 wrote:
Eva09 wrote:
Johnston wrote:

With the swimming pool contest that's been happening over at Macca, would there be a better event as a young gun to prove you can gherkin higher ;)

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:33 pm 

Johnston wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
Eva09 wrote:
Johnston wrote:

With the swimming pool contest that's been happening over at Macca, would there be a better event as a young gun to prove you can gherkin higher ;)

Absolutely, that would be the best way for Perez to say "Hey hombres, check this sh*t out." He'd certainly raise a few eyebrows. I just hope it doesn't happen haha, and don't see it happening.

Though now I've said that I've probably jinxed it...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:43 pm 

Perez the favorite. Grosjean if Lotus can catch up with big teams. Hulkenburg if his strategy pay off.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:48 pm 

I hope Grosjean but I think Perez.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:44 pm 

jammin78 wrote:
Eva09 wrote:
Johnston wrote:

The Australian GP will be a tough teammate challenge, Perez is also a Beast in that track:

2010 - F1 Debut, finished 7th altough points were taken off for some issue with the rear wing
2011 - He came back from 22 on the grid to 8th ( he was aiming to 6th or 7th but Maldo last lap crash puncted him and was passed by Kamui and Kimi )

So even tough Button is great at Australia, I wouldn´t be so confident to bet on him as a sure win, since I predict a fierce battle between both Mclarens, both for the win and for establish as the leading driver

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:10 pm 

ferdinand wrote:

I voted for the Hulk too. I also believe he is a better driver than the other two and the Sauber seems to be improving.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:03 pm 

He are my subjective calculations.

Perez 70% of win.
Grosjean 40%.
Hulkenberg 4%.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:09 pm 

I don't see Perez beating Button early but i see Grosjean getting a better start than Kimi, so if the Lotus is up for it then he will win it. if not then Lotus will only get wins like they did this year and for sure Perez will get a win in a fast Mclaren

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:11 pm 

dizlexik wrote:

Perez 70% of win.
Grosjean 40%.
Hulkenberg 4%.

Which adds up to how much?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:31 pm 

SchumieRules wrote:
dizlexik wrote:

Perez 70% of win.
Grosjean 40%.
Hulkenberg 4%.

This is chance of maiden victory, not first maiden victory. All of them can score their maiden win next year.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:37 pm 

dizlexik wrote:
SchumieRules wrote:
dizlexik wrote:

Perez 70% of win.
Grosjean 40%.
Hulkenberg 4%.

This is chance of maiden victory, not first maiden victory. All of them can score their maiden win next year.

I see!

In that case I agree

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:42 pm 

Perez is obviously in the best position to win going off the Mp4-27 pace last year and next years car only being an evolution. Saying that though, I think he'll be surprised by JB's Race pace and will only get his win if JB retires from the lead or another top driver makes a mistake whilst leading and he is in the correct position.

I'm hoping for a Grosjean win, I may not be fond of the guy but I see he has some talent and just needs to be more aware of what is happening around him.

I can't see Hulk getting a victory, I'd love for him to get one though but the Sauber was only good when on an alternative strategy because it could be.

So ye to put it into percentages it will probably be;

Perez: 60%
Grosjean: 38%
Hulkenberg: 2%

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:46 pm 

Moore wrote:
Perez is obviously in the best position to win going off the Mp4-27 pace last year and next years car only being an evolution. Saying that though, I think he'll be surprised by JB's Race pace and will only get his win if JB retires from the lead or another top driver makes a mistake whilst leading and he is in the correct position.

I'm hoping for a Grosjean win, I may not be fond of the guy but I see he has some talent and just needs to be more aware of what is happening around him.

I can't see Hulk getting a victory, I'd love for him to get one though but the Sauber was only good when on an alternative strategy because it could be.

So you assume that one of them will certainly win in 2013?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:50 pm 

dizlexik wrote:
Moore wrote:

Yes, with Perez most definitely being the main candidate for it. Grosjean is middle ground to be honest, he could do it but then he couldn't and Hulk will have to have all the luck in the world with him to achieve one.

If Perez doesn't win and JB wins races then that will be somewhat surprising.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:50 pm 

Moore wrote:
dizlexik wrote:
Moore wrote:

Yes, with Perez most definitely being the main candidate for it. Grosjean is middle ground to be honest, he could do it but then he couldn't and Hulk will have to have all the luck in the world with him to achieve one.

If Perez doesn't win and JB wins races then that will be somewhat surprising.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:06 pm 

Where's the option for none of them?

Perez is the only one I reckon will get near a win.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:35 pm 

If Hulk can get a win from a Sauber next year while his teammate is nowhere to be found i can't imagine how high i would be rating him, since i currently think he is more than a match for the current WDCs!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:59 pm 

Perez. He has the best team behind him to do it. Then is probably Grosjean. Depends on what the Lotus is like.

Forza Alonso

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:20 pm 

Perez without a doubt. With no major changes to the cars McLaren should be just as strong this year.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:45 pm 

Perez, Mclaren were fastest almost all of 2012, I see no reason why they won't be up there again in 2013.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:59 pm 

Perez due to the car he'll be driving, but I think given the same machinery both of the other drivers would stand a better chance.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:23 am 

Although I want to see Grosjean to win his maiden GP first, I voted for Perez, reason: McLaren. As for Hulkenberg, we don't expect him to win in a Sauber, do we?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:25 am 

If there's an early wet race - which I have an inkling there will be - I will say Hulk.

Otherwise, it's most likely Perez. I don't think Grosjean will win until late in the season, if at all.

PF1 Pick 10! Podiums: 3 (2nd, India 2011; 1st, Japan 2012; 1st, Monaco 2013)