planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:49 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:39 pm 

Yeah. Important doesn't have to mean "likely to win".

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:40 pm 

Armchair Expert wrote:

Do you know such deals and announcements are not only agreed between involved parties, in this case McLaren and Mercedes, but also by Bernie and FOM? Now you know.

prove it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:14 pm 

Armchair Expert wrote:
Do you know such deals and announcements are not only agreed between involved parties, in this case McLaren and Mercedes, but also by Bernie and FOM? Now you know.

I don't think it has to be okayed by Bernie and FOM . Just a copy of the contract has to go to the Contract recognition board so they can check it's legal and if there is any disputes further down the line they have a prior copy.

IIRC a contract has to be lodged otherwise their super licence is invalid too. In other words no contract no licence.

You should Tweet Jenson, he knows all about the CRB :lol: :lol:

p.s. Something else Schui gave the sport ;)

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:40 pm 

Eva09 wrote:
Except they rushed it and now realise they probably should have signed Hulkenberg. Or perhaps thrown the kitchen sink in a bid to attract Raikkonen.

Perez's manager was introduced to Whitmarsh during European GP in June. Whitmarsh met Perez privately during Hungarian GP in July. Contract was more or less finished (and waiting for Hamilton's decision) during Italian GP in September, where Ron Dennis was seen talking to Peter Sauber.

How can you say it was rushed?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:29 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
Armchair Expert wrote:

prove it.

I won't prove it, because I can't or maybe I don't want to. Try use common sense. Boss is having a dispute about contract with one of their companies, because that particular company considers quiting his circus. Somehow he manages to convince them of staying, so that means he had to offer more money and chance of success, which is vital for that particular company. And they won't have a chance without hiring this mega star. Are you brave enough to say boss doesn't know about what is going on in his business, which is delivering tons of money to him and real owners of the circus?

I am saying Piquet crashed on purpose in Singapore, so Alonso could win it. Do you need proofs? No, because press already got tons of them, so you don't need them from me.
I am saying Raikkonen knew in 2008 he will make a way for Alonso before his contract expires. Do you need proofs? Probably yes, because in press you won't see any.

That's a huge difference. Sometimes one thing is very well documented, but second thing is kept secret. Why to this day mainstream media hadn't even tried to discover what was really going on in Ferrari with Raikkonen? That's interesting question, isn't it? Maybe it's because when you are not doing what puppet master wants, you are punished (Force India in Bahrain) or kicked out (Adam Parr from Williams).

I'm not making some extraordinary claim. I'm just saying Bernie, CVC or FOM knew Hamilton was talking to Mercedes and eventually signed for them, because it's their business and they would like to know what is going on in one of the brands they have in this sport. Also such signing would convince Mercedes to stay, so it's not far-fetched to say it got blessing from F1 owners. Common sense really.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:39 pm 

Johnston wrote:
I don't think it has to be okayed by Bernie and FOM . Just a copy of the contract has to go to the Contract recognition board so they can check it's legal and if there is any disputes further down the line they have a prior copy.

IIRC a contract has to be lodged otherwise their super licence is invalid too. In other words no contract no licence.

You should Tweet Jenson, he knows all about the CRB :lol: :lol:

p.s. Something else Schui gave the sport ;)

Well, maybe yes, maybe not. Remember this http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78435 in 2009?

Quote:
"I was hoping Vijay would give Karun a chance," Ecclestone told the Hindustan Times. "And I'm a little disappointed that he has put the Italian guy in... Whether he has to do this by contract I don't know, but I would've liked to see Karun in the car for rest of the season."

"We need to get Karun in the Formula 1 car quickly," said Ecclestone, "and he has got the talent and the ability, so it's a case of somebody just getting on and doing it now."

With upcoming Indian GP his wish became reality in 2010 (and then for 2011 and 2012 with Karthikeyan). But what if it wasn't wish, but an order?

This is business. Huge business, which made a lot of people rich, and you can earn even more if you got all pieces of a puzzle right.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:43 pm 

Oh aye Bernie has a lot of pull to get drivers in seats. Look at schui and Benneton .

But when it came to Karun getting a seat I don't think that was Bernie. Just simply money buying it.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."