planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:15 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic

Who all should form the Force India Lineup for 2014?
1. Adrian Sutil 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2. Paul Di Resta 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3. James Calado 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
4. Nico Hulkenberg 35%  35%  [ 6 ]
5. Sergio Perez 29%  29%  [ 5 ]
6. Pastor Maldonado 18%  18%  [ 3 ]
7. Vitaly Petrov 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
8. Heikki Kovalainen 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
9. Kamui Kobayashi 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 17
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:32 pm
Posts: 285
Location: Imola
Talking about fantasy scenarios, maybe to hire two pay drivers (I think that Senna and Razia brings huge loads of money) and kick out Di Resta to save the situation in extremis? (if it is as critical as some reports suggests)
Would be a disgrace for Paul.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 1909
Location: Mumbai, India
shift wrote:
Talking about fantasy scenarios, maybe to hire two pay drivers (I think that Senna and Razia brings huge loads of money) and kick out Di Resta to save the situation in extremis? (if it is as critical as some reports suggests)
Would be a disgrace for Paul.


But if the team is in trouble & if it may not make it on the grid, then how come they are launching their car on 1st Feb?

_________________
Unlike Uday
PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2013 WINNER
Recipient of Sebastian Vettel Trophy
Best Results:1st with highest ever score of 225(India 2012),2nd (Silverstone 2012, Australia 2014),3rd (Suzuka & Abu Dhabi 2013)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 5912
Location: London
UnlikeUday wrote:
shift wrote:
Talking about fantasy scenarios, maybe to hire two pay drivers (I think that Senna and Razia brings huge loads of money) and kick out Di Resta to save the situation in extremis? (if it is as critical as some reports suggests)
Would be a disgrace for Paul.


But if the team is in trouble & if it may not make it on the grid, then how come they are launching their car on 1st Feb?

Because questions would have been raised much more if they had announce no launch date whatsoever.

Somehow I can't see Mallya being in F1 much longer, either Force India will be sold after Bernie pays for a one year reprieve or they'll fold completely. Personally I wouldn't be sad to see him go. Other than that podium in 2009 and Hulk's heroics in Brazil last year they haven't made the impression they promised to.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004

Get well soon Schumi. Keep fighting as hard as we know you can. Thinking of Corinna, Gina-Maria, Mick and the rest of the Schumacher family.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 4796
Covalent wrote:
According to rumours FI are in severe financial problems and their future in F1 is at stake. According to the source Bernie has a plan to save the team which potentially involves having Briatore as team manager.

Surely Briatore must be banned for life from running a F1 team?

_________________
PFI Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place

2014: Currently 2nd


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 5912
Location: London
pokerman wrote:
Covalent wrote:
According to rumours FI are in severe financial problems and their future in F1 is at stake. According to the source Bernie has a plan to save the team which potentially involves having Briatore as team manager.

Surely Briatore must be banned for life from running a F1 team?

Sadly not it would appear.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004

Get well soon Schumi. Keep fighting as hard as we know you can. Thinking of Corinna, Gina-Maria, Mick and the rest of the Schumacher family.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:29 pm
Posts: 1360
Location: Wrexham, UK
pokerman wrote:
Covalent wrote:
According to rumours FI are in severe financial problems and their future in F1 is at stake. According to the source Bernie has a plan to save the team which potentially involves having Briatore as team manager.

Surely Briatore must be banned for life from running a F1 team?

I was under the impression it was a 5 year ban or something?

He should be banned though, just for the picture of the tho... nah I'm not gonna say it. Just for Crashgate :-P

_________________
"You are the universe expressing itself as a Human for a little while..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 4796
jammin78 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Covalent wrote:
According to rumours FI are in severe financial problems and their future in F1 is at stake. According to the source Bernie has a plan to save the team which potentially involves having Briatore as team manager.

Surely Briatore must be banned for life from running a F1 team?

I was under the impression it was a 5 year ban or something?

He should be banned though, just for the picture of the tho... nah I'm not gonna say it. Just for Crashgate :-P

A 5 year ban starting from 2010?

Anyway Briatore thought it was sexy :lol:

_________________
PFI Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place

2014: Currently 2nd


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 5912
Location: London
Money talks where Flavio is concerned. He's Bernie's mate and if Bernie wants him back he'll be back.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004

Get well soon Schumi. Keep fighting as hard as we know you can. Thinking of Corinna, Gina-Maria, Mick and the rest of the Schumacher family.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 1909
Location: Mumbai, India
Laura23 wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
shift wrote:
Talking about fantasy scenarios, maybe to hire two pay drivers (I think that Senna and Razia brings huge loads of money) and kick out Di Resta to save the situation in extremis? (if it is as critical as some reports suggests)
Would be a disgrace for Paul.


But if the team is in trouble & if it may not make it on the grid, then how come they are launching their car on 1st Feb?

Because questions would have been raised much more if they had announce no launch date whatsoever.

Somehow I can't see Mallya being in F1 much longer, either Force India will be sold after Bernie pays for a one year reprieve or they'll fold completely. Personally I wouldn't be sad to see him go. Other than that podium in 2009 and Hulk's heroics in Brazil last year they haven't made the impression they promised to.


How would You explain these if Force India won't be on the 2013 grid & are in trouble?

On 4th Jan 2013, Force India signed a technical partnership with 3D Systems Corporation:-
http://www.forceindiaf1.com/news/detail/general/sahara-force-india-teams-up-with-3d-systems

On 9th Jan 2013, IOBAC became an official factory supplier for the Force India team:-
http://www.forceindiaf1.com/news/detail/general/iobac-becomes-a-factory-supplier-to-sahara-force-india

_________________
Unlike Uday
PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2013 WINNER
Recipient of Sebastian Vettel Trophy
Best Results:1st with highest ever score of 225(India 2012),2nd (Silverstone 2012, Australia 2014),3rd (Suzuka & Abu Dhabi 2013)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 5912
Location: London
Doesn't mean they aren't in trouble financially. If Mallya is in as big trouble as being reported then so are the team. They need to sign new partners to keep themselves going, if they didn't then talk would be louder about their demise. As a business you keep going until the administrators say no more. He'll try and sell first.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004

Get well soon Schumi. Keep fighting as hard as we know you can. Thinking of Corinna, Gina-Maria, Mick and the rest of the Schumacher family.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 1909
Location: Mumbai, India
Laura23 wrote:
Doesn't mean they aren't in trouble financially. If Mallya is in as big trouble as being reported then so are the team. They need to sign new partners to keep themselves going, if they didn't then talk would be louder about their demise. As a business you keep going until the administrators say no more. He'll try and sell first.


A tweet quite recent from Force India has stated that they are busy on their new car, as their launch date is exactly 2 weeks ahead.

_________________
Unlike Uday
PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2013 WINNER
Recipient of Sebastian Vettel Trophy
Best Results:1st with highest ever score of 225(India 2012),2nd (Silverstone 2012, Australia 2014),3rd (Suzuka & Abu Dhabi 2013)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 734
Location: Derby
Even if they are in trouble they have to carry on to be attractive to buyers


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 1909
Location: Mumbai, India
potter84 wrote:
Even if they are in trouble they have to carry on to be attractive to buyers


Another Bomb on this news!

Force India don't plan to reveal the 2nd driver before or on the day of the launch:-

http://www.f1reader.com/#/news/force-india-won-039-t-name-driver-at-launch-65623

This is getting BIZARRE!

_________________
Unlike Uday
PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2013 WINNER
Recipient of Sebastian Vettel Trophy
Best Results:1st with highest ever score of 225(India 2012),2nd (Silverstone 2012, Australia 2014),3rd (Suzuka & Abu Dhabi 2013)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:21 am
Posts: 363
Yeah, no money problems in Force India at all... Last time old team (that means not including Caterham/Lotus, Marussia/Virgin and HRT) announced their drivers that late was Renault in 2010, when they were changing ownership and in financial troubles. Even then Petrov was confirmed the day R30 was launched, so Force India will top that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 6587
Laura23 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Covalent wrote:
According to rumours FI are in severe financial problems and their future in F1 is at stake. According to the source Bernie has a plan to save the team which potentially involves having Briatore as team manager.

Surely Briatore must be banned for life from running a F1 team?

Sadly not it would appear.


He went to court in Paris and had the life time ban overturned didn't he?

Edit

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/ja ... overturned

_________________
Disclaimer: The above post maybe tongue in cheek.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."


Last edited by Johnston on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 1909
Location: Mumbai, India
Armchair Expert wrote:
Yeah, no money problems in Force India at all... Last time old team (that means not including Caterham/Lotus, Marussia/Virgin and HRT) announced their drivers that late was Renault in 2010, when they were changing ownership and in financial troubles. Even then Petrov was confirmed the day R30 was launched, so Force India will top that.


Here is an immediate article stating that Deputy Team Principal Bob Ferney is claiming Force India aren't in any financial woes:-

http://www.f1reader.com/#/news/no-financial-difficulties-at-force-india-65626

He is saying they may announce just before the testing! Is this going to be a record of announcing a driver so late in the recent times? And he said "Probably before the 1st test"!

He even claimed that they won't evaluate drivers during the test to finalize on a driver. Which means they have a driver or 2 to chose between.

_________________
Unlike Uday
PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2013 WINNER
Recipient of Sebastian Vettel Trophy
Best Results:1st with highest ever score of 225(India 2012),2nd (Silverstone 2012, Australia 2014),3rd (Suzuka & Abu Dhabi 2013)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 4796
UnlikeUday wrote:
potter84 wrote:
Even if they are in trouble they have to carry on to be attractive to buyers


Another Bomb on this news!

Force India don't plan to reveal the 2nd driver before or on the day of the launch:-

http://www.f1reader.com/#/news/force-india-won-039-t-name-driver-at-launch-65623

This is getting BIZARRE!

Well there is rumours there could be new owners so it would be for them to decide the driver line up

_________________
PFI Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place

2014: Currently 2nd


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 4796
Johnston wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Covalent wrote:
According to rumours FI are in severe financial problems and their future in F1 is at stake. According to the source Bernie has a plan to save the team which potentially involves having Briatore as team manager.

Surely Briatore must be banned for life from running a F1 team?

Sadly not it would appear.


He went to court in Paris and had the life time ban overturned didn't he?

Edit

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/ja ... overturned

Fair enough then but it wouldn't look good on F1 to let such a person back in, was he not found guilty of crashgate?

_________________
PFI Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place

2014: Currently 2nd


Last edited by pokerman on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 734
Location: Derby
UnlikeUday wrote:
Armchair Expert wrote:
Yeah, no money problems in Force India at all... Last time old team (that means not including Caterham/Lotus, Marussia/Virgin and HRT) announced their drivers that late was Renault in 2010, when they were changing ownership and in financial troubles. Even then Petrov was confirmed the day R30 was launched, so Force India will top that.


Here is an immediate article stating that Deputy Team Principal Bob Ferney is claiming Force India aren't in any financial woes:-

http://www.f1reader.com/#/news/no-financial-difficulties-at-force-india-65626

He is saying they may announce just before the testing! Is this going to be a record of announcing a driver so late in the recent times? And he said "Probably before the 1st test"!

He even claimed that they won't evaluate drivers during the test to finalize on a driver. Which means they have a driver or 2 to chose between.

in fairness its nothing to do with bob its board level and the board wont announce this type of news to workers until some sort of situation is resolved, it does seem too strange not announcing a driver yet seeming to be in no rush when the owner has his own financial problems doesn't bode well there were rumors of drivers and crew not getting paid for periods last season this was also true of his airline. That doesn't sound like a company on good financial footing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 6587
pokerman wrote:
Well there is rumours there could be new owners so it would be for them to decide the driver line up



Could also be two drivers are having a bit of a bidding war and they are waiting to see who comes up trumps.

_________________
Disclaimer: The above post maybe tongue in cheek.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 4796
Johnston wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Well there is rumours there could be new owners so it would be for them to decide the driver line up



Could also be two drivers are having a bit of a bidding war and they are waiting to see who comes up trumps.

Might not even di Resta be doubtful and simply be bought out?

_________________
PFI Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place

2014: Currently 2nd


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 5912
Location: London
Something is amiss. The fact they came out so quickly to shoot down the rumours suggests someone is worried. Mallya has been in dire financial shape for a while now and it was only a matter of time before the F1 team got a blow from it.

Time for Mallya to leave IMO, let someone buy the team and go before he drags down innocent workers with him.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004

Get well soon Schumi. Keep fighting as hard as we know you can. Thinking of Corinna, Gina-Maria, Mick and the rest of the Schumacher family.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:32 pm
Posts: 285
Location: Imola
UnlikeUday wrote:
potter84 wrote:
Even if they are in trouble they have to carry on to be attractive to buyers


Another Bomb on this news!

Force India don't plan to reveal the 2nd driver before or on the day of the launch:-

http://www.f1reader.com/#/news/force-india-won-039-t-name-driver-at-launch-65623

This is getting BIZARRE!


My reaction to this:

"LOL"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:09 pm
Posts: 1093
Laura23 wrote:
Easy to see why Hulk moved on then.

The only team it makes sense to be is Force India. Di Resta could find himself in big trouble yet, Senna has loads of money and we could even see someone like Narain slip in by the back door with his cash yet.

Does anyone really care about di Resta though? Ugh the way he's been talking lately has made me despise him so much :?

_________________
米克尔 科琳娜 吉娜 米克
Keep Fighting Michael!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 734
Location: Derby
I really was not bothered about di resta one way or another until lately but like many am just fed up of him bleating about everyone else he should be focused on his own driving and his slump in form since Singapore.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 1909
Location: Mumbai, India
schumi7 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Easy to see why Hulk moved on then.

The only team it makes sense to be is Force India. Di Resta could find himself in big trouble yet, Senna has loads of money and we could even see someone like Narain slip in by the back door with his cash yet.

Does anyone really care about di Resta though? Ugh the way he's been talking lately has made me despise him so much :?


Since Force India haven't officially announced Di Rest being with the team(even though he has a contract for 2013) & may not finalize a driver before or on the day of the launch, wonder who will unveil the wraps over the VJM06?

Last year, Hulk & Di Resta removed the wraps (typically for all teams, drivers unveil the wraps), so will this year Bob Fernley unveil the wraps or the car will be launched without any wraps at all?

Lot of questions rotating around Force India!

_________________
Unlike Uday
PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2013 WINNER
Recipient of Sebastian Vettel Trophy
Best Results:1st with highest ever score of 225(India 2012),2nd (Silverstone 2012, Australia 2014),3rd (Suzuka & Abu Dhabi 2013)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:10 am
Posts: 303
Yep, let's not forget that FI officially has NO confirmed drivers on the 2013 F1 entry list, so di Resta's place is in no way guaranteed. He still might have to make way for a couple of pay drivers if FI's financial situation is still poor.

Still, if he's dumped he can always go off and take over de la Rosa's role at McLaren.

_________________
90% of the topics on the PF1 Forum consist of this: "My favourite driver didn't win! The driver I hate the most did win!! Wah! WAH!! WAAAAHHHHH!!!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:04 am
Posts: 1226
Laura23 wrote:
Doesn't mean they aren't in trouble financially. If Mallya is in as big trouble as being reported then so are the team. They need to sign new partners to keep themselves going, if they didn't then talk would be louder about their demise. As a business you keep going until the administrators say no more. He'll try and sell first.


Kingfisher airline is in big trouble. But Mallya is far from being in any serious trouble. His personal wealth is still huge. And UB group did very well last year.

As I said in that other thread about SFI, Force India has been kept an independent entity from start. It has nothing but advertising ties with Kingfisher and Kingfisher brand is not limited to aviation. And with all the $#!t Kingfisher airlines is going through the only -ve impact it has had on Mallya personally is reduction in his wealth due to reduction in price of Kingfisher shares. Usually one would think it will destroy the man, but these people are not idiots and have kept various businesses separate.

His other personal wealth is there and UB group has just had a fantastic year. : Read this : http://articles.economictimes.indiatime ... n-ub-group

Sure Mallya is there, and he may very well be looking for new team principal for this season as he might not be able to travel with F1 gala this year trying to sort out KFA mess. But FI has been receiving healthy prize money from FOM for a while now. The 3 share holders are financially still well off. And they have had recent cash injection and long term technical partnership and supply deals signed this year.
And if people are only trying to tie Kingfisher airline trouble to force India trouble, they also need to look at UB group.

I still dont know what will happen with FI, but whatever being made out of the kingfisher thing affecting Force India seems exaggerated if not overblown.
If KFA trouble is all they have to make a story on FI, I am not taking them seriously until it comes from official sources.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:49 pm
Posts: 182
If I was Paul di Resta I'd be getting a bit worried about the lack of an absolute official confirmation re: his seat. cf. Jos Verstappen and Pedro de la Rosa before him at Arrows.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:09 pm
Posts: 1093
UnlikeUday wrote:
schumi7 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Easy to see why Hulk moved on then.

The only team it makes sense to be is Force India. Di Resta could find himself in big trouble yet, Senna has loads of money and we could even see someone like Narain slip in by the back door with his cash yet.

Does anyone really care about di Resta though? Ugh the way he's been talking lately has made me despise him so much :?


Since Force India haven't officially announced Di Rest being with the team(even though he has a contract for 2013) & may not finalize a driver before or on the day of the launch, wonder who will unveil the wraps over the VJM06?

Last year, Hulk & Di Resta removed the wraps (typically for all teams, drivers unveil the wraps), so will this year Bob Fernley unveil the wraps or the car will be launched without any wraps at all?

Lot of questions rotating around Force India!

Very strange. I just hope they survive this, it'd be terrible to see another team leave and so many people out of jobs.

_________________
米克尔 科琳娜 吉娜 米克
Keep Fighting Michael!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:12 pm
Posts: 189
Such a joke of a team, Mallya is clearly in deep trouble why else would they take so long to announce? Once had high hopes for them but now they just seem in trouble, Nico was right to jump ship

_________________
Support: Kimi, Lewis, Jenson, THE HULK and Super Kevin Magnussen
Respect: Eyebrow man, Schumi and finally after three long years Sebastian Vettel. Fairplay to the guy he is quick!
Still don't like: Di Resta and his neck glassing team mate


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:09 pm
Posts: 1093
Is Willi Weber still Hulk's manager?

_________________
米克尔 科琳娜 吉娜 米克
Keep Fighting Michael!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 6587
Why does it matter how long it takes to announce? Not as if there is some FIA reg to say it has to be done before testing.

As long as they have a driver for Melbourne it doesn't matter when they announce. For all we know they have a deal done and are keeping scthum to keep the press ticking over. A big Press stunt. Maybe there will be a big unveil and Schui will step out. We simply don't know. 2 or more drivers are maybe having a bidding war. They are letting it run it's course to get the best deal. If youwere the team boss and 2 or more drivers were fighting each other bringing better deals each week, would you let it run or sign one just to announce it?

They are under no obligation to tell Paul either and because they haven't doesn't necessarily mean problems.

_________________
Disclaimer: The above post maybe tongue in cheek.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:04 am
Posts: 594
Johnston wrote:
Why does it matter how long it takes to announce? Not as if there is some FIA reg to say it has to be done before testing.

As long as they have a driver for Melbourne it doesn't matter when they announce. For all we know they have a deal done and are keeping scthum to keep the press ticking over. A big Press stunt. Maybe there will be a big unveil and Schui will step out. We simply don't know. 2 or more drivers are maybe having a bidding war. They are letting it run it's course to get the best deal. If youwere the team boss and 2 or more drivers were fighting each other bringing better deals each week, would you let it run or sign one just to announce it?

They are under no obligation to tell Paul either and because they haven't doesn't necessarily mean problems.


To be fair though Johnston, it's the off-season and what else does everyone have to obsess and speculate over?

I mean Hamilton hasn't even set foot in the car yet :lol: Enjoy the non-threads for now, we'll all be crying for the off-season threads again by 10am UK time on Sunday 17th March I'm sure


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:55 am
Posts: 205
Quote:


Did they just name Force India's 2nd driver?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 1909
Location: Mumbai, India
r41 wrote:
Quote:


Did they just name Force India's 2nd driver?


This may raise the speculation as to why Force India haven't announced their lineup officially (including Di Resta).

But Force India's deputy principal Bob Fernley had said they are looking for a driver who will deliver speed & not money!

Well, who knows?

_________________
Unlike Uday
PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2013 WINNER
Recipient of Sebastian Vettel Trophy
Best Results:1st with highest ever score of 225(India 2012),2nd (Silverstone 2012, Australia 2014),3rd (Suzuka & Abu Dhabi 2013)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:37 am
Posts: 77
Translated for somewhere else I put here too:

Link

it's Bild but they are writing as if it is pretty sure that Sutil will join FI again... but you can never trust Bild lemme translate anyway:

Force India: Is Di Resta suddenly a doubtful case?

While the return of Adrian Sutil to Force India is as good as certain, Paul Di Resta could loose his cockpit at a change of the team owner.

Force India is next to Caterham the only team, that still has to give away a cockpit for 2013, because so far only Paul di Resta is confirmed. For weeks now Adrian Sutil has been a hot candidate for the second seat. But after informations of 'Motorsport-Total.com' di Resta also shouldn't be 100% certain about his case.

Those responsible are maybe waiting with the announcement, because of the possible change in ownership, even if the Team is energically denying being sold to investors lead by Colin Kolles, and persons around Vijay Mallya don't think that the indian businessman will quit.
Besides of that all affected people believably assure, that the economic crisis of some Mallya-businesses has no effects on the financial stability of the Formula 1 team.

The driver pairing will be announced "Hopefully and probably before the first test.", says the vice team boss Robert Fernley towards 'Motorsport-Total.com'. It would be "very improbable", that no candidate would be evaluated at the test drives in february, but it would be a lot more "probable", that the name will be announced beforehand. The presentation on February 1st in Silverstone "will be only about presenting the VJM06", Fernley makes clear.

That di Resta will be still wearing a Force India Overall then is after informations of 'Motorsport-Total.com' in no way cut in stone. Sutil has signed his Grand Prix contract for 2013 just as the Briton, but brings, just like it has been in the past sponsor money. If it really would come to a change of ownership, Investors want to hire next to Sutil a financial lucrative paydriver and because di Resta is not bringing any considerable sponsor money, he could be kicked out despite contract.


((thats my translation tried to be as close to the text as possible and hope I didnt make too many mistakes))

Edit: here is the motorsport-total.com original text that Bild used Link


Last edited by Sin on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 5912
Location: London
So it sounds like Sutil brings in much needed cash. Will they drop Di Resta for Senna and his millions too?

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004

Get well soon Schumi. Keep fighting as hard as we know you can. Thinking of Corinna, Gina-Maria, Mick and the rest of the Schumacher family.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 6587
So no driver is confirmed even hinted at and a German paper just happens to think Sutil is a deal done :lol: :lol:


Edit. Laura as you just said in another thread Bild have been known to make stuff up.

_________________
Disclaimer: The above post maybe tongue in cheek.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:37 am
Posts: 77
well the original is from motorsport-total.com I just found it first on Bild


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahwooga, Black_Flag_11, coulthards chin, ianwit, Rek and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.187s | 16 Queries | GZIP : Off ]