planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:23 pm

All times are UTC

Who all should form the Force India Lineup for 2014?
1. Adrian Sutil 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2. Paul Di Resta 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3. James Calado 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
4. Nico Hulkenberg 35%  35%  [ 6 ]
5. Sergio Perez 29%  29%  [ 5 ]
6. Pastor Maldonado 18%  18%  [ 3 ]
7. Vitaly Petrov 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
8. Heikki Kovalainen 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
9. Kamui Kobayashi 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 17
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:59 am 

Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
So, you root for a violent criminal just because he has spent some years at FI before?
:?:

Violent criminal indeed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VkRgUcP_rM

Seriously though, forgive and forget, who knows what happened between Sutil and Lux(?) The glassing wasn't intentional and maybe Lux deserved a punch in the head at the very least.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:46 pm 

FI posted on Facebook to be patient in regards to driver line up. Lol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:30 pm 

Gawd, right now I wouldn't be surprised if they only let Di Resta drive in Melbourne :D What a farce.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:34 pm 

bballr4567 wrote:
Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
So, you root for a violent criminal just because he has spent some years at FI before?

I thought the same thing.

How can people relistically expect him to challenge for the one odd chance at a win and a few podiums? The guy is 30 and do we need another German that is subpar?

Bianchi is 23 and just getting started. Sutil is very much on the downswing and I cant even believe he is being thought about for the seat still.

Jules' helmet looks awesome BTW.
http://www.forceindiaf1.com/photos/formula-one-testing-barcelona-spain-19-22-february-2013/formula-one-testing-402

Not everyone supports a driver they think are going to achieve huge success. I don't support anyone in F1 but my football team, Southampton, is never going to win anything!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:18 pm 

Eeh, who knows , if they would get a big investment group (with lost of oil or whatever) you'll never know.

As for Force India, this charade of theirs is better than the Bollywood movies. Keep us the good work, we are overwhelmed by your professionalism, guys.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:59 pm 

Kushal Msc-3 wrote:
On a serious note, Sutil, on the basis of performance, should never have been replaced at all. I've seen posts around here, that designate him as a journey man and what not. It's all rubbish, he's at least promised to be an able and competitive driver and fully deserves this drive.

This. :thumbup: If FI's is serious about F1 they will get Sutil.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:00 pm 

ATM2 wrote:
As for Force India, this charade of theirs is better than the Bollywood movies. Keep us the good work, we are overwhelmed by your professionalism, guys.

:thumbup: LOL!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:03 pm 

flavio81 wrote:
Kushal Msc-3 wrote:
On a serious note, Sutil, on the basis of performance, should never have been replaced at all. I've seen posts around here, that designate him as a journey man and what not. It's all rubbish, he's at least promised to be an able and competitive driver and fully deserves this drive.

Except he lost his ride to off track issues and has to earn it back.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:03 pm 

flavio81 wrote:
Kushal Msc-3 wrote:

Except he lost his ride to off track issues and has to earn it back.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:22 am 

Last day before the final test days begin... so I presume FI will announce their 2nd driver today, won't they? :?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:01 am 

According to "sportbild" (germany) Sutil is back in the seat!

source: sportbild.bild.de

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:23 am 

I'd be happy for Adrian. Many people see him as a criminal now and say he doesn't deserve the cockpit, but nobody REALLY knows what happened in the night of the incident. I hope he gets a second chance and uses it! I think he could keep up with Di Resta pace-wise.

But of course nothing's confirmed yet.. x(

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:23 pm 

Sawyer wrote:
I'd be happy for Adrian. Many people see him as a criminal now and say he doesn't deserve the cockpit, but nobody REALLY knows what happened in the night of the incident. I hope he gets a second chance and uses it! I think he could keep up with Di Resta pace-wise.

But of course nothing's confirmed yet.. x(

Well, if you thought it's a rumour because nothing official has been announced yet, there is something that the agent(Nicholas Todt) of Jules Bianchi has now claimed:-

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/443252/Sutil_gets_nod_over_Bianchi__agent/

The agent of Bianchi has said that Force India have chosen Sutil over Bianchi!

Waiting for the confirmation now from Force India. The words of Nicholas can't be dismissed.

Best Results:1st with highest ever score of 225(India 2012),2nd (Silverstone 2012, Australia 2014),3rd (Suzuka & Abu Dhabi 2013)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:38 pm 

This is what I heard on Decemeber already. Well, what do you know, it turned out to be correct.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:23 pm 

froze wrote:
This is what I heard on Decemeber already. Well, what do you know, it turned out to be correct.

It is inevitable that the team will announce about this before the test begins tomorrow.

Best Results:1st with highest ever score of 225(India 2012),2nd (Silverstone 2012, Australia 2014),3rd (Suzuka & Abu Dhabi 2013)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:04 pm 

Assuming the reports are correct, then it is no real shock. As I previously said, I couldn't imagine they would've been giving him a drive in the second test when they'd had all of last year, plus the first test, to look at Bianchi (and evaluated Rossiter as well).

Have to say, I'm pretty indifferent about Sutil being back on the grid. He was decent enough during his first run in F1, and sometimes looked to be better than that, but ultimately never took a significant step forward. I don't think he'll be out of place in 2013, and if 2011 is anything to go by, once he shakes off any rust from not having raced since, should give di Resta a run for his money. But short of some initial "Sutil is better than (driver), yet (driver) has a seat and Sutil doesn't" at the start of the 2012 season, I can't say I ever really missed him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:35 pm 

Jenson's Understeer wrote:
Assuming the reports are correct, then it is no real shock. As I previously said, I couldn't imagine they would've been giving him a drive in the second test when they'd had all of last year, plus the first test, to look at Bianchi (and evaluated Rossiter as well).

Have to say, I'm pretty indifferent about Sutil being back on the grid. He was decent enough during his first run in F1, and sometimes looked to be better than that, but ultimately never took a significant step forward. I don't think he'll be out of place in 2013, and if 2011 is anything to go by, once he shakes off any rust from not having raced since, should give di Resta a run for his money. But short of some initial "Sutil is better than (driver), yet (driver) has a seat and Sutil doesn't" at the start of the 2012 season, I can't say I ever really missed him.

It's OFFICIAL! Sutil has been signed despite reports from yesterday but no official announcement being made:-

http://www.f1reader.com/#/news/official-force-india-signs-sutil-for-2013-67975

He should take part in the test on 2 days. No news on Bianchi yet.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:54 pm 

Official & Announced: :]

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2910 ... -for-2013/

"You know the score.. Alright that's enough.. You're not going to get any points for that.."

"But Satisfaction!"

Sebastian Vettel
World Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:02 pm 

Kushal Msc-3 wrote:

Finally, after waiting since end of November, as each week passed by, just got more anxious.

Welcome back Sutil :nod: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:06 pm 

UnlikeUday wrote:
Kushal Msc-3 wrote:

Finally, after waiting since end of November, as each week passed by, just got more anxious.

Cheers & Congratulations! :nod:

"You know the score.. Alright that's enough.. You're not going to get any points for that.."

"But Satisfaction!"

Sebastian Vettel
World Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:07 pm 

Kushal Msc-3 wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
Kushal Msc-3 wrote:

Kudos to his sponsors for keeping the faith. :thumbup:

"But Satisfaction!"

Sebastian Vettel
World Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:11 pm 

Kushal Msc-3 wrote:
Kushal Msc-3 wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
Kushal Msc-3 wrote:

Kudos to his sponsors for keeping the faith. :thumbup:

And just for an update, he will be in action tomorrow and day after at the Barcelona test.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:26 pm 

MikeV1987 wrote:
Paolo_Lasardi wrote:

Violent criminal indeed

Seriously though, forgive and forget, who knows what happened between Sutil and Lux(?) The glassing wasn't intentional and maybe Lux deserved a punch in the head at the very least.

Well, the court saw evidence to the contrary.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:56 pm 

You guys should read the link "raceman" has posted on Sutils fan thread by Laura & Kate, rather than comment idiotically on something that you dont fully know. Read that story of the CCTV capture viewed by a speed tv journo. Enlighten yourself

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:52 pm 

Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
MikeV1987 wrote:
Paolo_Lasardi wrote:

Violent criminal indeed

No it didn't. It's just that different countries have different legal systems. In the UK Sutil would've got off with a warning to be a little more thoughtful next time.
In Germany the burden is much much higher for the defendant.
He's not a 'violent criminal' by any stretch of the imagination.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:18 pm 

OK, let's try to diversify this thread, which seems to get stuck only on the Sutil legal issue nowadays.

Soooo...finally we get a complete set of drivers. And 2 surprises to go with it. As it turns out, the major loser is Razia. So we can remind ourselves why F1 is sometimes called " the great circus" .

Now, what are your opinions about this late nomination, will it affect Sutil's output? Paul di Resta has actually seen the car growing from sketches to the real thing from last year, and drove it more. Sutil , sure, he knows the team, he ain't no rookie, but really only 2 testing days will be enough to get the long run feeling of the car, to understand the tires? won't he be on thin ice in Australia?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:49 am 

ATM2 wrote:
OK, let's try to diversify this thread, which seems to get stuck only on the Sutil legal issue nowadays.

Soooo...finally we get a complete set of drivers. And 2 surprises to go with it. As it turns out, the major loser is Razia. So we can remind ourselves why F1 is sometimes called " the great circus" .

Now, what are your opinions about this late nomination, will it affect Sutil's output? Paul di Resta has actually seen the car growing from sketches to the real thing from last year, and drove it more. Sutil , sure, he knows the team, he ain't no rookie, but really only 2 testing days will be enough to get the long run feeling of the car, to understand the tires? won't he be on thin ice in Australia?

Don't think so. If you have followed him in the tests yesterday & day before, he is doing a marvelous job.

Yesterday, he posted the 3rd fastest time & completed 109 laps. It seems he has got accustomed to the car already.

Don't forget, he will still practice on the simulators just to be better prepared for Melbourne. Am expecting great stuff from him this year. Fingers crossed!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:05 pm 

Lentulus wrote:
Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
MikeV1987 wrote:
Paolo_Lasardi wrote:

Violent criminal indeed

No it didn't. It's just that different countries have different legal systems. In the UK Sutil would've got off with a warning to be a little more thoughtful next time.

The burden of proof for the defendant in Germany is zero. Thus, it cannot be lower in the UK. ;)
It is the state attorney that has the burden of proof and not the defendant.

Well, and in Germany the state attorney must prove the guilt of the offender "beyond reasonable doubt". Thus, the court viewed it to be "beyond reasonable doubt" that he deliberately injured his opponent. Not by accident. Not in a self-defense situation. (Either of the latter would have yielder a much more lenient sentence or even no sentence at all.)

You can argue that the court got it all wrong or make a conspiracy theory about faked evidence or whatever. But to argue that the court agreed that Sutil was innocent or just negligent and then sentenced 18 months jail (suspened on probation) plus a monetary fine is a strong stretch.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:55 pm 

Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
Lentulus wrote:
Paolo_Lasardi wrote:
MikeV1987 wrote:
Paolo_Lasardi wrote:

Violent criminal indeed

The burden of proof for the defendant in Germany is zero. Thus, it cannot be lower in the UK. ;)
It is the state attorney that has the burden of proof and not the defendant.

Well, and in Germany the state attorney must prove the guilt of the offender "beyond reasonable doubt". Thus, the court viewed it to be "beyond reasonable doubt" that he deliberately injured his opponent. Not by accident. Not in a self-defense situation. (Either of the latter would have yielder a much more lenient sentence or even no sentence at all.)

You can argue that the court got it all wrong or make a conspiracy theory about faked evidence or whatever. But to argue that the court agreed that Sutil was innocent or just negligent and then sentenced 18 months jail (suspened on probation) plus a monetary fine is a strong stretch.

Yes sorry, I misspoke, I didn't actually mean the burden of proof. I meant that the self defense laws are totally different, according to various news articles anyway.
As I said though, in the UK, with the CCTV evidence backing up Sutil's case, he would've walked away from court an innocent man.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:02 pm 

I think, Sutil will take a little time. I expect him to be right up there with PDR, come the second leg of the season.

"But Satisfaction!"

Sebastian Vettel
World Driver's Champion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:34 pm 

So now with Bianchi gone to Marussia and Valsecchi gone to Lotus as a 3rd driver, who is FI 3rd driver this year?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:48 am 

Kushal Msc-3 wrote:
I think, Sutil will take a little time. I expect him to be right up there with PDR, come the second leg of the season.

Don't think Sutil will need time to get up to speed, if his testing times are something to go by.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:56 pm 

flavio81 wrote:
Kushal Msc-3 wrote:

Re-quoted for truth!! I wonder what the posters who thought that bringing back Sutil wasn't such a good idea think now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:24 pm 

flavio81 wrote:
flavio81 wrote:
Kushal Msc-3 wrote:

Re-quoted for truth!! I wonder what the posters who thought that bringing back Sutil wasn't such a good idea think now.

They have their mouth open in disbelief. :o

He has continued from where he left in Brazil 2011. Force India made the absolute right choice.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:33 pm 

UnlikeUday wrote:
flavio81 wrote:
flavio81 wrote:
Kushal Msc-3 wrote:

He has continued from where he left in Brazil 2011. Force India made the absolute right choice.

This. Was great seeing him up there, this is going to be a very interesting team mate battle this year. I'm not writing Di Resta off yet though!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:57 pm 

UnlikeUday wrote:
flavio81 wrote:
flavio81 wrote:
Kushal Msc-3 wrote:

Its still a little mystifying that they went with the same lineup. Its quite obvious that Bianchi has a great speed judging by the race. He had a faster lap than Sutil and 10 other drivers (including BOTH FI cars)!

In the end, it was a great positive to start the race from 11th back so you could get off the super soft tires which helped shuffle Sutil to the front. He held his own very, very well though and I was certainly impressed.

Plus, he seemed actually happy to be there unlike Di Resta.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:04 am 

At the end, Force India took time to complete its lineup & the car & the team are doing a fantastic job. This year they could finally climb atop the podium.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:32 am 

Just as how this thread title seemed real apt for the delay & speculation for the 2013 lineup at Force India, Bob Fernley recently announced that they are in no hurry to decide or finalise the lineup for 2014:-

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110266

With Bianchi out of the picture, would Hulk get a 2nd chance, provided Lotus takes Massa instead of Hulk.

Bob has insisted that they are happy with the current duo but also know some good drivers are up for graps, namely, Hulk & Massa.

Even though he has said that Force India won't make a decision soon, the fear of some good driver for sale in the market getting a drive in a competitor team could hurt Force India's late decision making tradition for 2014.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:42 am 

UnlikeUday wrote:
Just as how this thread title seemed real apt for the delay & speculation for the 2013 lineup at Force India, Bob Fernley recently announced that they are in no hurry to decide or finalise the lineup for 2014:-

With Bianchi out of the picture, would Hulk get a 2nd chance, provided Lotus takes Massa instead of Hulk.

Bob has insisted that they are happy with the current duo but also know some good drivers are up for graps, namely, Hulk & Massa.

Even though he has said that Force India won't make a decision soon, the fear of some good driver for sale in the market getting a drive in a competitor team could hurt Force India's late decision making tradition for 2014.

No way is Hulkenberg headed back to Force India. I think it's a matter of when, not if, Hulkenberg is confirmed at Lotus.
There are whispers Massa is out of the running completely. He'd have to take a major pay cut to get a drive, or bring sponsorship, and even then I don't think he'd take anything other than a McLaren or Lotus drive.

If there's going to be any change at Force India, it'll be Calado or Magnussen replacing Sutil. di Resta is reportedly under contract, though the team are ready to let him leave if a better offer comes in, which doesn't seem to be happening.

McLaren could buy out Sutil's seat and put Magnussen in there if they really want to. I'm not sure what backing Calado could bring, if any, but he has tested for the team and it's not the first time Force India has been linked with a Nicolas Todt driver.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:50 am 

benmc wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:

No way is Hulkenberg headed back to Force India. I think it's a matter of when, not if, Hulkenberg is confirmed at Lotus.
There are whispers Massa is out of the running completely. He'd have to take a major pay cut to get a drive, or bring sponsorship, and even then I don't think he'd take anything other than a McLaren or Lotus drive.

If there's going to be any change at Force India, it'll be Calado or Magnussen replacing Sutil. di Resta is reportedly under contract, though the team are ready to let him leave if a better offer comes in, which doesn't seem to be happening.

McLaren could buy out Sutil's seat and put Magnussen in there if they really want to. I'm not sure what backing Calado could bring, if any, but he has tested for the team and it's not the first time Force India has been linked with a Nicolas Todt driver.

Calado surely has a future with the team. He has impressed in the practice sessions.

Considering the attitude of Di Resta, he should get the boot & let Calado or (if pigs have wings) Massa. Calado still needs some time get fully upto speed but isn't a bad choice either.

Sutil seems will stay otherwise Force India wouldn't have re-hired him in the 1st place. Di Resta also could be retained but his attitude is a big turn off.

The reason why I had put Hulk in the picture is that incase Massa gets the Lotus seat (?), Hulk's best option would be ironically Force India, unless he can squeeze into the Mclaren camp.