planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:25 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

Who all should form the Force India Lineup for 2014?
1. Adrian Sutil 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2. Paul Di Resta 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3. James Calado 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
4. Nico Hulkenberg 37%  37%  [ 7 ]
5. Sergio Perez 32%  32%  [ 6 ]
6. Pastor Maldonado 16%  16%  [ 3 ]
7. Vitaly Petrov 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
8. Heikki Kovalainen 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
9. Kamui Kobayashi 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 19
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:52 am 

UnlikeUday wrote:
benmc wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
Just as how this thread title seemed real apt for the delay & speculation for the 2013 lineup at Force India, Bob Fernley recently announced that they are in no hurry to decide or finalise the lineup for 2014:-

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110266

With Bianchi out of the picture, would Hulk get a 2nd chance, provided Lotus takes Massa instead of Hulk.

Bob has insisted that they are happy with the current duo but also know some good drivers are up for graps, namely, Hulk & Massa.

Even though he has said that Force India won't make a decision soon, the fear of some good driver for sale in the market getting a drive in a competitor team could hurt Force India's late decision making tradition for 2014.

No way is Hulkenberg headed back to Force India. I think it's a matter of when, not if, Hulkenberg is confirmed at Lotus.
There are whispers Massa is out of the running completely. He'd have to take a major pay cut to get a drive, or bring sponsorship, and even then I don't think he'd take anything other than a McLaren or Lotus drive.

If there's going to be any change at Force India, it'll be Calado or Magnussen replacing Sutil. di Resta is reportedly under contract, though the team are ready to let him leave if a better offer comes in, which doesn't seem to be happening.

McLaren could buy out Sutil's seat and put Magnussen in there if they really want to. I'm not sure what backing Calado could bring, if any, but he has tested for the team and it's not the first time Force India has been linked with a Nicolas Todt driver.

Calado surely has a future with the team. He has impressed in the practice sessions.

Considering the attitude of Di Resta, he should get the boot & let Calado or (if pigs have wings) Massa. Calado still needs some time get fully upto speed but isn't a bad choice either.

Sutil seems will stay otherwise Force India wouldn't have re-hired him in the 1st place. Di Resta also could be retained but his attitude is a big turn off.

The reason why I had put Hulk in the picture is that incase Massa gets the Lotus seat (?), Hulk's best option would be ironically Force India, unless he can squeeze into the Mclaren camp.

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12477 ... other-team

Quote:
"Paul is contracted to us anyway for next season, so the question is whether somebody else comes in, so it won't be our decision," Fernley said.

"Whether Paul has to be released, or whatever, that can only come from him. But we wouldn't stand in his way. That's not our policy. If a driver feels he is better somewhere else, what would be the point in keeping him?

I don't see how the team can afford to boot a driver who is under contract.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:04 pm 

benmc wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
benmc wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
Just as how this thread title seemed real apt for the delay & speculation for the 2013 lineup at Force India, Bob Fernley recently announced that they are in no hurry to decide or finalise the lineup for 2014:-

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110266

With Bianchi out of the picture, would Hulk get a 2nd chance, provided Lotus takes Massa instead of Hulk.

Bob has insisted that they are happy with the current duo but also know some good drivers are up for graps, namely, Hulk & Massa.

Even though he has said that Force India won't make a decision soon, the fear of some good driver for sale in the market getting a drive in a competitor team could hurt Force India's late decision making tradition for 2014.

No way is Hulkenberg headed back to Force India. I think it's a matter of when, not if, Hulkenberg is confirmed at Lotus.
There are whispers Massa is out of the running completely. He'd have to take a major pay cut to get a drive, or bring sponsorship, and even then I don't think he'd take anything other than a McLaren or Lotus drive.

If there's going to be any change at Force India, it'll be Calado or Magnussen replacing Sutil. di Resta is reportedly under contract, though the team are ready to let him leave if a better offer comes in, which doesn't seem to be happening.

McLaren could buy out Sutil's seat and put Magnussen in there if they really want to. I'm not sure what backing Calado could bring, if any, but he has tested for the team and it's not the first time Force India has been linked with a Nicolas Todt driver.

Calado surely has a future with the team. He has impressed in the practice sessions.

Considering the attitude of Di Resta, he should get the boot & let Calado or (if pigs have wings) Massa. Calado still needs some time get fully upto speed but isn't a bad choice either.

Sutil seems will stay otherwise Force India wouldn't have re-hired him in the 1st place. Di Resta also could be retained but his attitude is a big turn off.

The reason why I had put Hulk in the picture is that incase Massa gets the Lotus seat (?), Hulk's best option would be ironically Force India, unless he can squeeze into the Mclaren camp.

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12477 ... other-team

Quote:
"Paul is contracted to us anyway for next season, so the question is whether somebody else comes in, so it won't be our decision," Fernley said.

"Whether Paul has to be released, or whatever, that can only come from him. But we wouldn't stand in his way. That's not our policy. If a driver feels he is better somewhere else, what would be the point in keeping him?

I don't see how the team can afford to boot a driver who is under contract.

Di Resta may be contracted but his recent outbursts against the team can't safegaurd him completely?

Haven't there been instances where drivers with contracts getting the boot?

Raikonnen is a lovely example, whereas Perez who is also under contract, isn't feeling secure.

Di Resta is a consistent driver as he was 1 of the most consistent drivers uptill the British Grand Prix. He just needs to mind his mouth.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:31 am 

Force India & driver line up confirmation is a very impatient, stormy & a head breaking affair.

Firstly, Force India since many years after the last team to make an announcement regarding their line up.

But with a host of good drivers in the market, they really can't afford to wait till the end as the saying goes "The early bird catches the worm".

With drivers like Perez, Hulk, Maldonado etc, Force India can't wait till the end otherwise they will lose these driver options. Ofcourse, these drivers would prefer Lotus first, but with Grosjean taking 1 seat for sure, 3 can't sit on 1 seat.

After Lotus, I believe Force India is the best option. Force India have been improving each year.

The reason why I included Petrov in the poll is because he has a 25 Million pound sponsorship to bring.

Force India would be foolish enough not to consider & finalise their lineup soon enough.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:43 am 

They probably will be the last again to decide their line-ups.
I think Sauber and Force India are a tie in most interesting seat available. And we sure don't know how competitive Lotus will be.

Personally I hope for Kobayashi and Di Resta, if not give Calado a chance. The other guys don't thrill me in the slightest way.
Hulk signing with Lotus or Sauber.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:52 am 

Amon wrote:
They probably will be the last again to decide their line-ups.
I think Sauber and Force India are a tie in most interesting seat available. And we sure don't know how competitive Lotus will be.

Personally I hope for Kobayashi and Di Resta, if not give Calado a chance. The other guys don't thrill me in the slightest way.
Hulk signing with Lotus or Sauber.

For Kobayashi, this is his last chance to re-enter F1. Not to forget that he has some good amount of money that fans donated for him getting a drive this year.

Kobayashi has been on the sidelines & Calado has only had practice mileage, so I wonder how risky it could be to take drivers such as these for next year as 2014 brings it new rules & new adaptations but what will help is continuity in terms of same driver line-up or taking a driver from the current grid for next year.

Force India like the other 2 teams are spoilt silly when it comes to deciding on 2014 lineup.

Even though Di Resta has driven 2 point scoring races recently, he seems more tensed than Sutil over the future at Force India.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:03 am 

Said it in another thread, but if I'm FI, I'm angling for whichever of Perez/Hulkenberg/Maldonado don't get the Lotus seat, and if Perez ends up back with Sauber, probably keep di Resta alongside whichever one of those three names I can attract. Calado then does a year of FP1 running alongside what should be a GP2 season in which, at the very least, he challenges for the Championship, ahead of a potential race seat in 2015.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:11 am 

Jenson's Understeer wrote:
Said it in another thread, but if I'm FI, I'm angling for whichever of Perez/Hulkenberg/Maldonado don't get the Lotus seat, and if Perez ends up back with Sauber, probably keep di Resta alongside whichever one of those three names I can attract. Calado then does a year of FP1 running alongside what should be a GP2 season in which, at the very least, he challenges for the Championship, ahead of a potential race seat in 2015.

Any 1 or even 2 of those drivers would be such a refreshing phase for Force India!

It would infact be a revelation as next year Force India Mercedes may be a notch higher in performance.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:38 am 

At 1 time, Force India used to take time to decide its lineup, now they're taking time to let us know as to when would the car be launched or just the livery!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:23 am 

Wow.

2 years,3 months & 2 days since last post.

Surely this is a record for necroposting :lol:

2017 WCC CPTTC - Jalopy Racing (Herb & Me)