planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:03 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:27 am 

I've watched F1 since I was a little kid but the first person I ever supported was Kimi. He was the first driver I ever really liked as he just turned up, didn't give a load of BS, drove and went home lol. I really liked that even though it isn't the best for the cameras but he just seems more real and confident within himself. Where as a lot of other drivers seem desperate to be in F1 and would drive around the back of the grid if they had to, Kimi would rather just do something else.

However the problem I have with liking a driver is I get nervous every race, especially at the start lol. When Kimi was gone for those two years I could relax and I watched F1 to enjoy it and didn't really care what happened. Now however I'm back to having a heart attack every race lol. When Kimi was being closed down by Alonso at Abu Dhabi I was having heart palpitations and felt like I was dying, I ended up going out side and pacing up and down until the race was over.

I just cannot enjoy it now that he is back lol.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:33 am 

That's part of the parcel I'm afraid.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:12 am 

VENEKOR wrote:
I've watched F1 since I was a little kid but the first person I ever supported was Kimi. He was the first driver I ever really liked as he just turned up, didn't give a load of BS, drove and went home lol. I really liked that even though it isn't the best for the cameras but he just seems more real and confident within himself. Where as a lot of other drivers seem desperate to be in F1 and would drive around the back of the grid if they had to, Kimi would rather just do something else.

However the problem I have with liking a driver is I get nervous every race, especially at the start lol. When Kimi was gone for those two years I could relax and I watched F1 to enjoy it and didn't really care what happened. Now however I'm back to having a heart attack every race lol. When Kimi was being closed down by Alonso at Abu Dhabi I was having heart palpitations and felt like I was dying, I ended up going out side and pacing up and down until the race was over.

OK calm down, he knows what he's doing.

But I had the same problem on Schumacher racing in 1991-2006 and 2010-2012. I much preferred 2010-2012 to 2006-2010.

Okay 2010 wasn't great. But even I preferred then. 2011-2012 I found much more enjoyable.

I will not find 2013 so and I know that.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:23 am 

What is with the lolling.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:33 am 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:12 am 

Take a little advice from Kimi, don't worry over things you cannot control. Just kick back and enjoy the race - because your worrying isn't going to change anything, lol.

It's great fun isn't it?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:13 am 

wire2004 wrote:

What is with the failure to adopt a question mark?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:16 am 

Try being a Button supporter, you get the same felling right through every race, and you really need to learn to live with disappointment! But maybe that's why it feels so good when he actually wins, and I guess all the Kimi fans felt that at Abu Dhabi last year?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:08 am 

Well I never was a big fan of Kimi but I actually enjoyed him coming back to F1. Not only for the comical relief now and than (Brazil) but I actually cheered on him when he won a race. I think his comeback was very impressive. And I hope he can mix it even more with the frontrunners in 2013.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:56 am 

minchy wrote:
Try being a Button supporter, you get the same felling right through every race, and you really need to learn to live with disappointment! But maybe that's why it feels so good when he actually wins, and I guess all the Kimi fans felt that at Abu Dhabi last year?

The same can be said if you're a Webber fan unfortunately haha. Except we have got the worst nerves when it comes to race starts.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:03 am 

That is always the case when the sports star or team you support come into action.

But unlike Schumacher, Raikkonen was young and active enough to have returned and should be good for a few more years. He may not win another F1 WDC, but will surely make his mark on the sport by the time he retires for good.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:09 am 

I know what out mean. But you have to put up with the pain if you want the joy of sucess. After the Spa weekend I had seen Kobayashi with a shot at a podium eliminated through no fault of his own and Taku who had started fairly near the back gradually work his way up to the front and then take the lead before something went bang on his car, that didnt feel good at all but I would rather suffer the pain of disapointment ad the anguish you get at the starts than see I driver I want to do well leave without proving himself and having sucess. Things may seem black at times but just think to yourself that that could change every race and it dosnt matter if your driver dosnt win in the end because he has shown he has what it takes to win.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:51 am 

wire2004 wrote:

age, imo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:22 am 

I know this feeling. Started when I was supporting Hakkinen and then the same with Kimi. I used to get butterflies in my tummy! The wait between one race weekend to another seemed to take an age..... heck, was even full of anticipation between qualy and race. Couldnt wait for the race to get going!

Over time though, its become easier to cope with. Though if next year, Lotus give Kimi a car which can consistently perform at the front and challenge for the title, those feeling may just come back again!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:17 pm 

Yeap. I know how you feel. Happened to me at the German GP and British GP's this year. Just watching Alonso with a car on his gearbox throughout the race isn't too good for your nerves.

It's more fun when he's chasing though

Forza Alonso

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:48 pm 

Visit your local herbalist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:51 pm 

Herbalist wrote:

Is that advertising???!!!!! :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:32 pm 

VENEKOR wrote:

loooooool so true bro. 100% felt the same way but I love that he is back. Love the challenge dont fear it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:57 pm 

I have always loved the tension of watching your man compete, preferably at the front. Being a Prost fan, then Schumacher and now Vettel, there has been little time I've known anything else. The only time really was 2007-08 and also being a Ferrari fan, Kimi and Massa filled that void (being a Kimi fan when not at McLaren helped).

I actually felt like I was absorbing the races less in 2005-08 though mainly as Schumi wasn't leading the way in 2005, 2006 seemed like inevitably Alonso's too, 2007 was exciting but I'm only remembering facts now having reward he'd the races and 2008 as Ferrari were struggling and it felt like a duller version of 2007. It also didn't help I worked some Sundays from 2004-08 and my job changed a bit in 2009 meaning I could dedicate my day to F1 (on the odd occasion I didn't see it live, I always recorded it for the evening).

So actually I have the opposite effect. I need to have a driver I follow and they need to be winning to retain my interest. Fortunately, I usually pick someone who does enough to satisfy that.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:51 pm 

minchy wrote:
Herbalist wrote:

Is that advertising???!!!!! :D

No, i encourage suppoorting your local ganjafarmer, it's a tough business :P

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:33 am 

Sadly you support people who always win.

Kimi should have won 2003 and 2005 IMO but he didn't

Hamilton clearly should have won in 2007 and Alonso should have won this year.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:40 am 

VENEKOR wrote:

I feel like this when a cricket match is on which involves my country.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:43 pm 

I'm sure most of us get that feeling before/during a race. Isn't that what makes F1 so great? We feel nervous because anything can happen and there's no time to sit back and relax. The emotions are extreme. The minutes before the start of a race makes me so nervous and uneasy that I find it hard to breathe! When Vettel spun on the first lap in Brazil, I was close to tears. Watching the rest of the race was painful and exhausting. But then the happiness and relief I felt afterwards was just massively gratifying. :) Next season I'm rooting for Kimi to win the championship.