planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:34 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:41 pm 

Pedrosa_4_Ever wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Pedrosa_4_Ever wrote:
Don't really see in the hype in Hamilton vs. Rosberg and JB vs. Perez...

JB (should) hammer Checo due to his experience and knowing the team, Perez has some moments where he looked good last year but also some where he looked weak.

Lewis will SMASH Rosberg in quali (as he does with every teammate) and should be able to use that as a springboard to beat him in the races.

Anyone is free to write this down, take a picture and send it to me IF I'm wrong.

I'm not so sure about Hamilton smashing Rosberg in qualifying, i read a piece on here a few days ago that when they were teammates in karting for 2 years speedwise they were very similar but Hamilton beat Rosberg due to being more aggressive in the races.

Apart from his rookie season Rosberg has shown himself to be one of the best qualifiers in F1, this was shown to good effect against Schumacher, so i feel one area the two of them will be close is in qualifying.

I'm open to being wrong, I just think extracting one lap pace from a car is a skill Lewis has really honed over the years, I can see it maybe being 15-5 in his favour.

Oh i still think Hamilton will come out on top i predict 12-8

2013: 5th Place

2014: Currently 2nd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:55 pm 

Button vs Perez : It's going to be interesting to see how Perez fares against a top driver. At the start of the year I expect Button to beat Perez comfortably, but I can see Perez coming back at him. I reckon Button will still come out on top as Perez needs to sort out his consistency.

Rosberg vs Hamilton : This is a real test of Nico's talent and ability. I think that in qualifying. Hamilton will beat Nico. Maybe around 12-8. He won't "smash" him like people seem to think. In races I think Hamilton will edge it.

Raikkonen vs Grosjean : This will only be a close contest if Grosjean sorts out his first lap incidents. If he can keep it on the track for a whole race. I think he'll be close to Kimi. However, over the course of the season. I think Kimi will come out on top.

Forza Alonso

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:07 pm 

All of them. There is not one teammate battle I'm not excited about honestly.

My personal favorite with be Charles Pic vs. Petrov/Kova/Senna. Why you might ask? This will show if Pic has the potential to be a solid driver in the future. Also, I would like to see Petrov back (ironcially he has the least backing) to prove that he can compete like he did against Kova.

Ferrari with Alonso and Massa. Will we see the same resurgence we saw from Massa last season? If so, this is what Felipe should have been doing the first two years. Continue to fight because there will be a lot riding on 2013 to determine if he will have a seat in the future and the thing is... Will Alonso be there mentally? After the heartbreak of 2012.

Mclaren with Button and Perez. Its going to be fireworks becasue Perez is going to be hungry to win ASAP. Button's mix of expereince and consistency will need to be perfect to beat Perez. Its not going to be easy at all, we all know this.

We ALL love you Schumi! Don't ever give up!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:13 pm 

I'll be watching the Lotus teammates closest. Raikkonen is one of those drivers who is far better when fired-up and now that Grosjean did so well at the RoC, the Finn will want to show that he is better.