planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:05 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:58 pm 

Johnston wrote:
Haribo wrote:
Yes, because everyone is allowed to discuss about, without being a metereologist

Bet your GP loves you.

GP? What is a GP?

Last edited by Haribo on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:59 pm 

Haribo wrote:
Johnston wrote:
Haribo wrote:
Yes, because everyone is allowed to discuss about, without being a metereologist

Bet your GP loves you.

GP?

doctor.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:00 pm 

Johnston wrote:
Haribo wrote:
Johnston wrote:
Haribo wrote:

Bet your GP loves you.

GP?

doctor.

What doctor?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:04 pm 

obviously you missed the joke.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:08 pm 

Johnston wrote:
obviously you missed the joke.

I highly doubt it was a "joke". Whatever it meant in your language, IMo it had nothing to do with this topic. So it was irrelevant nonetheless.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:32 pm 

A big difference between motorsport and other sports is that anybody can go out and play a game of football, basketball, hockey. Anybody can learn to play, usually in school. Not everyone can go out and drive a racing car, work with engineers, enjoy the benefits of data logging, etc. I've always believed thats one of the reasons complicated forms of racing aren't huge in the States, but anyway...

I didn't say you need experience to discuss driving style and data analysis, but without it, I don't know how you'd have much basis to form opinions. If I'm talking about a field which is largely foreign to me, I try not to stand too firmly on an opinion, and instead consider those of folks who do have experience, so that I can learn. Its also just really hard to have meaningful discussion when people have differing levels of experience and steadfast opinions.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:39 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
A big difference between motorsport and other sports is that anybody can go out and play a game of football, basketball, hockey. Anybody can learn to play, usually in school. Not everyone can go out and drive a racing car, work with engineers, enjoy the benefits of data logging, etc. I've always believed thats one of the reasons complicated forms of racing aren't huge in the States, but anyway...

I didn't say you need experience to discuss driving style and data analysis, but without it, I don't know how you'd have much basis to form opinions. If I'm talking about a field which is largely foreign to me, I try not to stand too firmly on an opinion, and instead consider those of folks who do have experience, so that I can learn. Its also just really hard to have meaningful discussion when people have differing levels of experience and steadfast opinions.

This is the crux of common internet Forums

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:43 pm 

Haribo wrote:
Johnston wrote:
Haribo wrote:
Johnston wrote:
Haribo wrote:

Bet your GP loves you.

GP?

doctor.

What doctor?

This feels like one of the doctor doctor jokes :lol:

2013: 5th Place

2014: Champion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:44 pm 

Not really. Plenty of forum subjects neither rely on experience, or include the opportunity for massive differences in experience.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:21 pm 

ashley313 wrote:

That's a little bit rich considering how easily you dismissed Paul opinion.

ashley313 wrote:
Not sure if Paul has eyes on enough telemetry to make that statement believable. Can't imagine all the teams would trust one individual to look at that and not spill any, intentionally or otherwise. Pirelli of course sees some things, but its many different people analyzing data collected from the teams...I'd be really surprised if Paul actually had evidence to back that up as more than an educated guess. I'll ask him though. Not about Lewis, but what type of data he sees.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:22 pm 

ashley313 wrote:

That's a little bit rich considering how easily you dismissed Paul opinion. I am sure he is in a much better position to make those statements than anybody here or possibly anybody in F1 period.

ashley313 wrote:
Not sure if Paul has eyes on enough telemetry to make that statement believable. Can't imagine all the teams would trust one individual to look at that and not spill any, intentionally or otherwise. Pirelli of course sees some things, but its many different people analyzing data collected from the teams...I'd be really surprised if Paul actually had evidence to back that up as more than an educated guess. I'll ask him though. Not about Lewis, but what type of data he sees.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:29 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
Not really. Plenty of forum subjects neither rely on experience, or include the opportunity for massive differences in experience.

make an extra thread, go into the "In depth forum"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:22 am 

lamo wrote:

That's a little bit rich considering how easily you dismissed Paul opinion. I am sure he is in a much better position to make those statements than anybody here or possibly anybody in F1 period.

ashley313 wrote:

"Not sure" and "I'll ask" doesn't constitute dismissal to me.