planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:37 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: De Montezemolo
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:59 am
Posts: 93
I can't help but feel for De Montezemolo when he says

""In Austin, we did the only thing possible. What was not fair is that condition of the track meant that Alonso, who qualified on the 'dirty' side, would lose 25 metres [at the start]. We had to do everything possible within the rules."

He talks about other teams calling it dirty tricks and genuinely believes they are playing sportingly whilst doing these things.

In my mind if I were Alonso I couldn't accept that because if he wins the championship it's a hollow victory if someone gifts you wins, if I was in F1 I would rather drive for any team that would let me win on my own merit I would not want a false win.
If Alonso is as great as Ferrari say he is he souldn't need any help from anyone.
Poor Massa even if he comes out next season beating Alonso as he had been in the latter half of this season Ferrari will stop it because all they want is for Alonso to win.

PS

Happy New Year to everyone. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: De Montezemolo
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 3029
Not sure what your point is - that Montezuma is delusional or that Alonso is a poor sport? Both? Errr

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: De Montezemolo
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:59 am
Posts: 93
ashley313 wrote:
Not sure what your point is - that Montezuma is delusional or that Alonso is a poor sport? Both? Errr


I'm thinking if Montezuma thinks that's what people think is right or fair yes I think he's delsional, I don't think Alonso is a poor sport I think he should raise his game and earn the wins then with that he will earn respect from more purest F1 fans.
It's not just Alonso it seems the Ferrari way, in truth if I were an F1 driver I couldn't drive for them, I don't understand why there is such a big thing about driving for Ferrari.
Button said somewhere that if he was gifted wins he would retire and I admire him for that.
Schumacher as far as I can remember gave the wins back to Rubens after he had won the championship?

I'd be interested if other members on here think it's a real win if the team mate has gifted it to them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: De Montezemolo
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 9:04 pm
Posts: 1087
kimandsally wrote:
Poor Massa even if he comes out next season beating Alonso as he had been in the latter half of this season Ferrari will stop it because all they want is for Alonso to win.


Wait, wait, wait, wait. Latter half of the season? You mean like the last 10 races? Seriously 8O People really do remember only the last race in F1.

As for Austin - Massa was a billion points behind Alonso with no shot @ the title, the F2012 was not that good and it had MAJOR problems heating up the tyres. If Alonso was to lost 1-2-3 places at the start his WDC bid was going out of the window. Ferrari did that because they were desperate and unable to match McLaren and RBR on pace so they had to do everything they could. It wasn't pretty but given the circumstances I really don't see the problem.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: De Montezemolo
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:01 am
Posts: 940
I don't see Vettel handing his WDC back because he had Webber, Schumi, Torro Rosso's handing him the places he needed...

To me the only difference between other teams and other situations and Ferrari is Ferrari were so up front about it in Austin and I respect them for it.

Vettel has had similar priority team support. What about when he got Webber's front wing? What about when the STR's constantly step aside for him? Etc.

You don't like Ferrari that's your choice... But don't try and single them out as you'll actually find they aren't alone...

:D :D :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: De Montezemolo
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:57 pm
Posts: 74
Gothalamide wrote:
I don't see Vettel handing his WDC back because he had Webber, Schumi, Torro Rosso's handing him the places he needed...

To me the only difference between other teams and other situations and Ferrari is Ferrari were so up front about it in Austin and I respect them for it.

Vettel has had similar priority team support. What about when he got Webber's front wing? What about when the STR's constantly step aside for him? Etc.

You don't like Ferrari that's your choice... But don't try and single them out as you'll actually find they aren't alone...

:D :D :D


Its funny that people actually think that Ferrari is the only team on the grid that works the rules to their advantage.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: De Montezemolo
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:28 pm
Posts: 615
Maybe the more crucial question is if there is a difference in giving way on track or giving way before the race even starts.

_________________
FORZA FERNANDO * FORZA FERRARI * FORZA FELIPE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: De Montezemolo
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:29 pm
Posts: 1364
Location: Wrexham, UK
Jinx wrote:
Maybe the more crucial question is if there is a difference in giving way on track or giving way before the race even starts.

:thumbup: Well said. Valid point I think, it's essentially the same as moving over during a race, if anything it's far more generous because you move out of the way for four more drivers!

_________________
"You are the universe expressing itself as a Human for a little while..."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: De Montezemolo
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:29 pm
Posts: 847
Location: Qart-Hadast
Do you remember when the stewards couldn't find Patrese's reverse gear at the beggining of the '91 Belgian GP. Funny memories =D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: De Montezemolo
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:26 am
Posts: 536
kimandsally wrote:
I can't help but feel for De Montezemolo when he says

""In Austin, we did the only thing possible. What was not fair is that condition of the track meant that Alonso, who qualified on the 'dirty' side, would lose 25 metres [at the start]. We had to do everything possible within the rules."

He talks about other teams calling it dirty tricks and genuinely believes they are playing sportingly whilst doing these things.

In my mind if I were Alonso I couldn't accept that because if he wins the championship it's a hollow victory if someone gifts you wins, if I was in F1 I would rather drive for any team that would let me win on my own merit I would not want a false win.
If Alonso is as great as Ferrari say he is he souldn't need any help from anyone.
Poor Massa even if he comes out next season beating Alonso as he had been in the latter half of this season Ferrari will stop it because all they want is for Alonso to win.

PS

Happy New Year to everyone. 8)


If you really believe Ferrari are the only one using "the letter" of the rules against a mythical "spirit", you don't know much about the past history of F1 racing, and didn't even follow very closely the last season, or you looked closely at it but with blinders on...

_________________
As my brother said : "I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it".


Last edited by Harpo on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: De Montezemolo
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:37 pm
Posts: 27
chican wrote:
Do you remember when the stewards couldn't find Patrese's reverse gear at the beggining of the '91 Belgian GP. Funny memories =D


I'm actually trying my very best to remember, but it does not bring up any memories... Please tell a bit more :nod:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: De Montezemolo
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:44 pm
Posts: 430
You and so many else are still delusional to the fact that Formula 1 is above all a TEAM game.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: De Montezemolo
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:29 pm
Posts: 847
Location: Qart-Hadast
slampe wrote:
chican wrote:
Do you remember when the stewards couldn't find Patrese's reverse gear at the beggining of the '91 Belgian GP. Funny memories =D


I'm actually trying my very best to remember, but it does not bring up any memories... Please tell a bit more :nod:
Well, it doesn't matter, it didn't help Mansell win the title in the end, I have no images, only video footage, but there were interesting cuts of Bernie, Frank and Riccardo talking before the race.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: De Montezemolo
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:00 pm
Posts: 2219
slampe wrote:
chican wrote:
Do you remember when the stewards couldn't find Patrese's reverse gear at the beggining of the '91 Belgian GP. Funny memories =D


I'm actually trying my very best to remember, but it does not bring up any memories... Please tell a bit more :nod:

Seems that in post qualifying scrutineering his reverse was either inoperable, or not there depending on which article you read. Dropped him from second to seventeenth on the grid.

Not much info but it is mentioned here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_Belgian_Grand_Prix


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: De Montezemolo
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:29 pm
Posts: 847
Location: Qart-Hadast
Di Montezemolo wrote:
...but we did it openly.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blhsing, Google Adsense [Bot], IXIAN, SummerSong and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group