planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:03 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:23 pm 

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104940

A bit strange to me, as he was in open wheels for so long. And a bit worrying, 'cause of large number of bad accidents came from this series in the last time.

Anyway, I would watch and cheer if there will be a broadcast. I hope he wipes others.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:33 pm 

Well, that F1 return is looking ever more likely.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:38 pm 

just shows the state that Indy Car must be in, if he chose Stock Cars over Open-wheel cars. especially after 19 years in open-wheel cars

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:49 pm 

That's the equivalent of being put out to pasture for Brazilian open wheelers. Massa and Senna probably aren't all that far behind him.

At least I don't have to bother watching Indy Car this year, it was a struggle in 2012.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:01 pm 

Khazrak134 wrote:
just shows the state that Indy Car must be in, if he chose Stock Cars over Open-wheel cars. especially after 19 years in open-wheel cars

Or the state his funding is in (that's what it said in the article).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:09 pm 

What a way to end a career by slowly fading away, why go into GT or sports car racing / prototypes?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:44 pm 

Maybe he can't be arsed travelling and wants to be in a country where he has a lot of fans at every face and always gets one of the big cheers of the day?

I don't see this as a step down, but a step back.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:23 am 

Maybe he wants to spend more time at home with his family, i think he knows that his F1 career is over.

Podiums: 5
2014 Championship Standing: *mumble*

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:37 am 

I've been to a few races and know a bit about the series (Even drove a V8 once) Great series overall and will be much better with Rubens there for promotion etc.

It's not bad like people are making out, sure can be dangerous but they are fast cars, competitive series and there's some great tracks in Brazil.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:55 am 

Damn, was hoping to see him at my first time at the Indy 500 in 2013.

The underlying thing about all this,no matter how bright you are,no matter how logical one is or how much money one has,you have to be a completely stupid optimist...I believe there are about 3 million competition licences worldwide. -Perry McCarthy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:55 am 

Hope he does better than DC in the V8

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:38 pm 

I don't know what that Autosport article says (I'm running out of views for the month, so don't want to waste one on it) but from reading up on Rubens' future before, I think he needed to find $3 million to fund the entire year. He was willing to drive for nothing, and could've signed for a team (Sam Schmidt Motorsports and Rahal/Letterman were both suggested as potential destinations) and hoped the sponsorship situation worked out once the season began, but there was no guarantee of that, and I think it was said he didn't want to start a season and then not be able to finish it.

It's a shame for Indycar, as his performances at the non-oval races had been pretty good (he was matching Tony Kanaan, for example) and, one would assume, he would've done even better this year. But that's the situation Indycar is in at the moment, and it's no real surprise that Rubens has had to go race elsewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:52 pm 

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104978

Daytona 24 just got more interesting; the old chap will join Tony Kanaan in Porsche GT entrance.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:10 am 

Good. I dont have to read about the the continous pile of crap that comes out of his mouth. Seat grabber didnt really impress me last year, he was consistent but not agressive enough so people just went straight past him. Kanaan had an off year, or maybe he just didn't want to embarass his old mate by beating him so badly?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:38 am 

TakumaSatoforthewin wrote:
Good. I dont have to read about the the continous pile of crap that comes out of his mouth. Seat grabber didnt really impress me last year, he was consistent but not agressive enough so people just went straight past him. Kanaan had an off year, or maybe he just didn't want to embarass his old mate by beating him so badly?

Jesus chill out. Why the major hate? Did he molest you or something? :uhoh:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:50 am 

RickM wrote:

Sorry just a reflex reaction, you steal my drivers seat twice then you become a mortal enemy. :x

Last edited by TakumaSatoforthewin on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:51 am 

RickM wrote:

Barrichello worked for the BBC?!