planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:58 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:13 pm 

I'm currently finding f1 team tshirts but I haven't got a clue where they sell it here. I found a ferrari shop in oxford st. And a mclaren shop that sells the stuff but u have to make an appointment with them

Oh and I'm finding for the yellow Jordan shirt, does it still exist?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:57 pm 

Kolby wrote:
I'm currently finding f1 team tshirts but I haven't got a clue where they sell it here. I found a ferrari shop in oxford st. And a mclaren shop that sells the stuff but u have to make an appointment with them

Oh and I'm finding for the yellow Jordan shirt, does it still exist?

I've always just bought online. There was an F1 merchandise shop in Glasgow a while back, but I think it shut down.

eBay or team websites.

And my brother once got an old McLaren shirt from TK Max.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:01 pm 

I usually just buy of the teams official sites or buy merchandise when I'm at a GP.

I've never seen a Official Shop in person.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:26 pm 

I've ordered from a number of online sites and been pleased with them, most have been located in the UK (I live in the US so it takes a little longer to receive, so I don't have much choice. But have received everything I've ordered in good condition.)

If you want to go that route, let me know, I'll send you some of the links.

But when I saw the Jordan request, I wanted to respond... I haven't run across a yellow Jordan shirt, but I did order a black Jordan t-shirt from retroformula1 online, which is located in the UK, and was really pleased. It had the yellow and black Jordan hornet logo on the front with "Jordan" on the back. Was very nice IMO, it's one of those that even though 99.9% of the people who might see me wearing it around here, won't know anything about Jordan (probably will think that's the rarest Michael Jordan shirt they've ever seen), that they will think it looks really cool whatever it is. I also ordered an gold Arrows Warsteiner shirt from that store, real pleased with both.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:33 am 

McLaren 2012 Team Victory T-Shirt

Available at TK Maxx ;)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:08 am 

Did a quick search and if you're in London anyway, apparently there's a decent motorsport merchandise shop on regent street
https://www.alexreade.net/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:21 am 

Ebay for the Jordan shirt.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:50 am 

Be a proper motorsport fan and go to a couple of other motorsport events and you can fill your boots, probably even find that Jordan shirt as there are often bins of old stock at good prices. :-)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:46 pm 

nqwazi wrote:
Be a proper motorsport fan and go to a couple of other motorsport events and you can fill your boots, probably even find that Jordan shirt as there are often bins of old stock at good prices. :-)

Ok I'll just consult my endless pit of money :uhoh: Proper motorsport fan...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:07 pm 

Volantary wrote:
nqwazi wrote:

...... and what events have 'bins of old stock' at them?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:19 pm 

minchy wrote:
Volantary wrote:
nqwazi wrote:

...... and what events have 'bins of old stock' at them?

I often go to events at Brands Hatch and the bigger ones such as the BTCC have vendors selling loads of new and old team gear. The site has onsite shops too which also have plenty of clothing.
The track is one of a number owned by Jonathan Palmer so I assume they would be similar.
Http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:47 pm 

Z3RoadstarTXF1 wrote:
I've ordered from a number of online sites and been pleased with them, most have been located in the UK (I live in the US so it takes a little longer to receive, so I don't have much choice. But have received everything I've ordered in good condition.)

But when I saw the Jordan request, I wanted to respond... I haven't run across a yellow Jordan shirt, but I did order a black Jordan t-shirt from retroformula1 online, which is located in the UK, and was really pleased. It had the yellow and black Jordan hornet logo on the front with "Jordan" on the back. Was very nice IMO, it's one of those that even though 99.9% of the people who might see me wearing it around here, won't know anything about Jordan (probably will think that's the rarest Michael Jordan shirt they've ever seen), that they will think it looks really cool whatever it is. I also ordered an gold Arrows Warsteiner shirt from that store, real pleased with both.

I am also from USA so those websites would be much appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:15 pm 

emb1496 wrote:
Z3RoadstarTXF1 wrote:

Sent you a PM of the ones I've successfully ordered from and a couple others I've yet to try.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:16 pm 

Plenty of vendors selling some really old stuff at Silverstone every year, not exactly cheaply mind.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:31 pm 

Flash2k11 wrote:
Plenty of vendors selling some really old stuff at Silverstone every year, not exactly cheaply mind.

Yes and the market accross the road always has old stock. Although over the years it has become much smaller but it's good to have a brows round there

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:37 pm 

I managed to pick up an old Lotus (year before Caterham came in) jacket at Spa this year for 35 Euros. Maybe a better deal than the 20 euro F1 umbrella I had to buy when my one popped on the Friday and I got drenched.

There's a pretty good shop based in Guildford called Grand Prix Legends - www.grandprixlegends.com - Not the cheapest but they sometimes do some pretty good deals - They had Mclaren gear at half price for this season

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:47 pm 

There is a Ferrari shop on Regents street and I think there may be a Lotus shop on oxford street??

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:25 pm 

You can sometimes find some bargains on ebay but they will mostly be old stuff. I picked up a few things from the McLaren store during their pre-christmas sale. Worth shopping around online but prices seem totally inflated wherever I look. I guess its like most sport wear from teams (football rugby etc) which is always expensive :(

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:40 pm 

Z3RoadstarTXF1 wrote:
emb1496 wrote:
Z3RoadstarTXF1 wrote:

Sent you a PM of the ones I've successfully ordered from and a couple others I've yet to try.

Thanks