planetf1.com

It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:03 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:15 pm 

Armchair Expert wrote:

Vettel by many 'experts' was described as a new rainmaster and what exactly he has shown in Malaysia in not the dominant car? He was whooping 3 seconds ahead of Webber when he hit Karthikeyan.

He is a rainmaster, the best since Schumi.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:32 pm 

I think Hamilton, for the simple fact his presence seems to get under Alonso's skin in a competitive environment. Don't think Alonso would've kept his cool against his bogey opponent.

That and Lewis flawless on track, Vettel not so much, so from that LEwis would've scored more points.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:55 pm 

Eva09 wrote:
Armchair Expert wrote:

Vettel by many 'experts' was described as a new rainmaster and what exactly he has shown in Malaysia in not the dominant car? He was whooping 3 seconds ahead of Webber when he hit Karthikeyan.

He is a rainmaster, the best since Schumi.

I think the top 3 are all equally good in the wet, but for all different reasons. Lewis seems most comfortable, Alonso stays ever consistent, and Seb trusts himself and his car enough to push and find grip. But those strengths are all weaknesses too...Lewis sometimes ends up on the wrong tire because he doesn't think its that bad, Alonso doesn't take advantage of the conditions, and Seb's willingness to use all the real estate has him off a lot.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:58 am 

f1madman wrote:
I think Hamilton, for the simple fact his presence seems to get under Alonso's skin in a competitive environment. Don't think Alonso would've kept his cool against his bogey opponent.

That and Lewis flawless on track, Vettel not so much, so from that LEwis would've scored more points.

I don't remember Alonso losing his cool against Hamilton at any stage this season. Dunno why that would change if Lewis was sitting in a Red Bull.

#14 for '14

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:00 am 

mcdo wrote:
f1madman wrote:

I don't remember Alonso losing his cool against Hamilton at any stage this season. Dunno why that would change if Lewis was sitting in a Red Bull.

bogey opponent?

alonso has outscored hamilton for past 3 years ina slower car

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:17 am 

ashley313 wrote:
I think the top 3 are all equally good in the wet, but for all different reasons. Lewis seems most comfortable, Alonso stays ever consistent, and Seb trusts himself and his car enough to push and find grip. But those strengths are all weaknesses too...Lewis sometimes ends up on the wrong tire because he doesn't think its that bad, Alonso doesn't take advantage of the conditions, and Seb's willingness to use all the real estate has him off a lot.

I think you summed that up rather well. Nicely done.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:59 pm 

Vettelmessi wrote:
mcdo wrote:
f1madman wrote:

bogey opponent?

alonso has outscored hamilton for past 3 years ina slower car

Overall the 2010 Ferrai was better than the Mclaren IMHO.