planetf1.com

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:41 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: USF1
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:25 pm
Posts: 158
Location: USA
flyer wrote:
If someone's going to dare combine the marks "US" and "F1" as the name of their business, they should make sure they have plenty of guaranteed financial backing before they ever call themselves that.



i agree thats why Windsor is in my opinion to blame, he oversold the whole idea

_________________
One.
The best song ever written....thanks Bono
I am the Number 1Tifosi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: USF1
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:06 am
Posts: 2334
I don't think F1 in the US would or needs to rival Nascar, Indycar or any other established championship. There are and always have been many F1 fans in the US; Over 100 000 turned up at the Indy F1 races. The Austin circuit is superb. A US manufacturer would be ideal if well-funded and run. A US driver is more likely.

Imo any country that has racing systems/championships can produce and has potential top-rated drivers. There is no monopoly on driving talent. Just opportunity and avenues may be lacking. To get into F1, a US driver would have to have a deep-seated desire to do F1, as Mario Andretti, Dan Gurney and Phil Hill had.

_________________
http://grandprixratings.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: USF1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:09 pm
Posts: 1182
kai_ wrote:
You talk about business partnerships and I do indeed know them well enough to know that there is never a situation where one person is completely innocent and the other completely guilty in any failure.

Well, in my personal situation, i was partnered up with someone from 2008 - 2009 and I can tell you that I did EVERYTHING right and upheld my end of the partnership and exceeded every last one of my responsibilities. I sacrificed in many aspects and I felt it very much. The degenerate who was my partner started off well enough on the right foot and though initially things took a while to get going, we kept our noses to the grind and we were able to bring in business together and everything was looking up. We were finally beginning to make money and and the stresses involved with not knowing if we would be able to pay our mortgages and feed our families was beginning to subside. With the promise of more work from larger clients in the pipeline he started getting ahead of himself and next thing I knew he leased a new luxury car and my red flags immediately went up. A month after this new car of his, the monthly bank statement came in and I saw all sorts of things expensed like electronics for his personal use and he expensed a $2,000 company vacation to Disney.

I called him up and told him he needed to get his donkey to the office PRONTO. When he showed up he was arrogant as hell saying it was his right to spend his hard earned money however he pleased, not knowing I had already closed the accounts and opened new ones and already filed paperwork to get him off my corporation. When I told him what I had done he flipped and asked me who I thought I was and I told him the owner! How do you figure he asked?, to which I replied "very simple!… since the corporation applications, Tax I.D. and resale license was all paid for through my first company which I own outright, this company is a subsidiary and I have the cancelled checks to prove it and he was now trespassing and needed to go! He was irate because he knew I had him and that was that. Where I feel I was at fault was in trusting someone else as I expect they should of me.

But outside of that, I was completely and unequivocally innocent of ANY wrong doing and my ex-partner did everything wrong. So there goes your theory/belief.

_________________
Second place is the first loser!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: USF1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:09 pm
Posts: 1182
POBRatings wrote:
I don't think F1 in the US would or needs to rival Nascar, Indycar or any other established championship. There are and always have been many F1 fans in the US; Over 100 000 turned up at the Indy F1 races. The Austin circuit is superb. A US manufacturer would be ideal if well-funded and run. A US driver is more likely.

Imo any country that has racing systems/championships can produce and has potential top-rated drivers. There is no monopoly on driving talent. Just opportunity and avenues may be lacking. To get into F1, a US driver would have to have a deep-seated desire to do F1, as Mario Andretti, Dan Gurney and Phil Hill had.


The problem with that these days is that while a driver might have a deep desire to race in F1, the finances teams are looking to accompany such a driver, more often than not squash that dream quite rapidly and so, many drivers likely settle for a lesser or different series. Although always a bit costly, Mario, Dan, and Phil went to F1 before it became such a resource draining entity. Scott Speed was seemingly our last hope and he only made it thanks to good timing. It can happen again, but odds are that unless a young up and comer is destroying everyone in every series, only a cash strapped US driver will ever get a chance.

_________________
Second place is the first loser!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: USF1
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:49 am
Posts: 2069
Location: Australia
the incubus wrote:
kai_ wrote:
You talk about business partnerships and I do indeed know them well enough to know that there is never a situation where one person is completely innocent and the other completely guilty in any failure.

Well, in my personal situation, i was partnered up with someone from 2008 - 2009 and I can tell you that I did EVERYTHING right and upheld my end of the partnership and exceeded every last one of my responsibilities. I sacrificed in many aspects and I felt it very much. The degenerate who was my partner started off well enough on the right foot and though initially things took a while to get going, we kept our noses to the grind and we were able to bring in business together and everything was looking up. We were finally beginning to make money and and the stresses involved with not knowing if we would be able to pay our mortgages and feed our families was beginning to subside. With the promise of more work from larger clients in the pipeline he started getting ahead of himself and next thing I knew he leased a new luxury car and my red flags immediately went up. A month after this new car of his, the monthly bank statement came in and I saw all sorts of things expensed like electronics for his personal use and he expensed a $2,000 company vacation to Disney.

I called him up and told him he needed to get his donkey to the office PRONTO. When he showed up he was arrogant as hell saying it was his right to spend his hard earned money however he pleased, not knowing I had already closed the accounts and opened new ones and already filed paperwork to get him off my corporation. When I told him what I had done he flipped and asked me who I thought I was and I told him the owner! How do you figure he asked?, to which I replied "very simple!… since the corporation applications, Tax I.D. and resale license was all paid for through my first company which I own outright, this company is a subsidiary and I have the cancelled checks to prove it and he was now trespassing and needed to go! He was irate because he knew I had him and that was that. Where I feel I was at fault was in trusting someone else as I expect they should of me.

But outside of that, I was completely and unequivocally innocent of ANY wrong doing and my ex-partner did everything wrong. So there goes your theory/belief.

I'm not going to debate you on your personal matters because that is way beyond the scope of the forum. I will say however that I think it is entirely unreasonable to try to use a personal experience like that because if I was to debate you then I could rightly be accused of personally attacking you if I disagree with you.

I will however point out some distinguishing elements between your personal situation and the one that we are discussing. The first is that your scenario doesn't lead to a failure of the business at least not in what you have brought up. The second is that the moment you realised something was wrong you called him on it, which Windsor didn't do - rather he hung on and misled the employees for weeks. The third is that you were clearly smart enough to have protected yourself and the company from him in a legal sense where Windsor wasn't. Responsibility extends to how you set up things in the first place and how quickly you act to deal with any problems.

_________________
Twitter @Jo_Soucek


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: USF1
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:09 pm
Posts: 1182
What you fail to realize is that in my situation I was the Ken Anderson of the equation, and not because I had mass amounts of money but because I paid to start up the business and could prove it via cancelled checks, bank statements and receipts. In USF1 the guy doing everything wrong held all the cards and Peter as it turns out was merely the face of recognition. He had all the connections and relationships and Ken brought the checkbook. Unfortunately, like it or not, in the real world, he who writes the checks makes the rules. It really is that simple, and if you've been in business you'd know that no matter what anyone says, that's something that's non negotiable.

_________________
Second place is the first loser!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], emp., Fiki, FormulaFun, funkymonkey, Graham_F1, Guia, mikeyg123, P-F1 Mod, RudderlessRussian, RunningMan, united2010, VDV23, wire2004 and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group