PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:36 pm 

1. Mclaren but they will mess it up
2. Redbull, they will claim a 1-2
3. Merc. Only a punt.
4. Ferrari
4. Lotus but they will claim a podium
5. Sauber
6. Force India

Last edited by rickyf1 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:48 pm 

I think the big news there is that Renault are going to re-enter F1.

EDIT: OP Edited :)

Last edited by Volantary on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:49 pm 

1- Red bull:
2- Mclaren (they might not qualify so well, and make us think their car is further down)
3- Ferrari/mercedes (I expect merc to make a good a car, hopefully the changes in the aero department will work)
4- lotus: I that last year was their only chance to finish higher in the wcc
5-force india
6-Willimas/toro rosso
7- Sauber : they were losing toward the end of the year

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:52 pm 

Volantary wrote:

<edit>Nevermind OP updated his post</edit>

Last edited by RickM on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:52 pm 

Volantary wrote:

Changed it!!! Wasn't thinking!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:54 pm 

Dunno why but I think merc will suprise a few people. Well I am hoping. But I dunno. It's just a punt to be honest.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:56 pm 

rickyf1 wrote:
Dunno why but I think merc will suprise a few people. Well I am hoping. But I dunno. It's just a punt to be honest.

I'd imagine they gave up development on the 2012 car pretty early. It never really seemed to get any significant updates, so hopefully they were working flat out on the 2013 car.

That being said I think it'll either be a case of it being very, very good...or pure crap. I wouldn't be surprised if its the latter given the changes in 2014.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:21 pm 

RickM wrote:
rickyf1 wrote:

I'd imagine they gave up development on the 2012 car pretty early. It never really seemed to get any significant updates, so hopefully they were working flat out on the 2013 car.

That being said I think it'll either be a case of it being very, very good...or pure crap. I wouldn't be surprised if its the latter given the changes in 2014.

Yeah I agree. Atleast Ross has been honest about the aero issues they have had.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:44 am 

The podium at Oz will be with Vettel, Raikkonen and Button.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:52 am 

1. McLaren
2. Mercedes
3. Red Bull
4. Lotus
5. Ferrari

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:56 am 

Mclaren- Usually start well, Button is good aroun Melbourne.
Ferrari- Not sure why, they didnt seem to be developing the car at the end of last season so maybe they have a head start on the Bulls. They have the use of Toyota's wind tunnel as well plus two in form drivers.
Red Bull- Never discount Newey
Lotus- ?
Toro Rosso- Two words: James Key
Mercedes- Last few seasons they have started well and got worse so maybe it'll be the other way round this year
Williams/ Sauber
Force India
Others

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:04 am 

I am going with a bit of a shake up at the front
1.Lotus
2.Ferrari
3.Mclaren
4.Red Bull
5.Williams
6.Mercedes
7.Force India
8.Sauber
9.Toro Rosso
10.Marussia
11.Caterham

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:30 am 

I'd bet Button will be on the podium. He seems to handle Melbourne really well. Webber will be up there too.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:32 am 

I'm expecting two McLarens on the podium and a Vettel.
The Ferraris and Webbo right behind, with Kimi/Hammy next up.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:31 am 

Ferrari's will definately be faster in qualy and I think we may see a surprise from Mercedes... I really hope Sauber doesn't drop its current form but I feel it's immenent.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:20 pm 

What are these guesses based on? For all we know Williams could win the race... The tyre compounds will be different again and there are still 2 months of development left

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:23 pm 

As a complete guess since we haven't seen any testing yet,

Red Bull
McLaren
Lotus
Ferrari
Mercedes
Williams
Sauber
Toro Rosso
Force India
Caterham
Marussia

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:49 pm 

1. Macca
2. Merc
3. RBR.
4 Sauber
5. Ferrari.
6. Lotus
7&8. Williams/Force India..
9. Marussia (Yes Marussia!)
10. Toro Rosso..
11. Caterham.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:02 pm 

I have a gut feeling Ferrari will be strong. They overhauled their car for 2012 whereas their main competitors refined the previous year's cars, so I think Ferrari have more scope for improvement, providing they've gotten on top of their wind tunnel troubles.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:28 pm 

1. lotus
2. rb
3. ferrari
4. mac
5. sauber
6. merc
7. fi
8. williams
9. rb-B
10. cat
11. marussia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:44 pm 

Glock & Chilton front row lockout. Kobayashi as a surprise replacement for Grosjean who crashed 4 times in pre season testing gets away from 4th on the grid very well to take the lead. He is followed all the way by Glock, they cross the line together with Kobayashi winning by 0.001 seconds. 3rd is Button who did a 1 stopper compared to everyone elses' 3 stop strategies. It turns out Perez is actually rubbish at saving tyres and ends up battling with Pic in the Caterham for 10th place.

You heard it here first.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:37 pm 

Given there are not many changes to come this year:
McLaren,
Ferrari/ RBR,
Lotus
Mercedes/ Williams/ Sauber, in that order.

Yes, i have a crystal ball :P

4) Lauda
5) Brabham

if you don't like it, too bad! There's a reason why it says "My Top 5"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:14 pm 

Volantary wrote:
Glock & Chilton front row lockout. Kobayashi as a surprise replacement for Grosjean who crashed 4 times in pre season testing gets away from 4th on the grid very well to take the lead. He is followed all the way by Glock, they cross the line together with Kobayashi winning by 0.001 seconds. 3rd is Button who did a 1 stopper compared to everyone elses' 3 stop strategies. It turns out Perez is actually rubbish at saving tyres and ends up battling with Pic in the Caterham for 10th place.

You heard it here first.

Lol, I cant wait to see mclaren's reaction when perez gets regularly outqualified and outraced by button

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:08 pm 

gamer9 wrote:
Volantary wrote:

You heard it here first.

Lol, I cant wait to see mclaren's reaction when perez gets regularly outqualified and outraced by button

I think if he's being regularly outqualified by Button, a guy who is a pretty awful qualifier to begin with, he has some serious stuff to think about! I know Mclaren aren't really a team for mid-season replacements but it might help to have Super Pedro or Kobayshi or Heidfeld lined up to score some solid points if he isn't working out, otherwise Mclaren can kiss the WCC goodbye.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:10 pm 

FP1
FP2
FP3
Q1
Q2
Q3
Race.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:02 am 

Johnston wrote:
FP1
FP2
FP3
Q1
Q2
Q3
Race.

Aren't you going to look stupid when the FIA decides to draw grid positions out of a hat and have a sprint and an endurance race? ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:50 am 

Think it will be Button, Vettel and someone else on the podium in no particular order.

It's very hard to make any predictions, but based on 2012 Mclaren and RBR should be very strong, with Ferrari very close behind?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:13 am 

The running order will be the running order.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:28 am 

kai_ wrote:
Johnston wrote:
FP1
FP2
FP3
Q1
Q2
Q3
Race.

Aren't you going to look stupid when the FIA decides to draw grid positions out of a hat and have a sprint and an endurance race? ;)

Or when bernie after watching the World championships decides closest to the bull gets pole .

Phil Taylor, MVG front row :lol: :lol:

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:35 am 

Volantary wrote:
gamer9 wrote:
Volantary wrote:

You heard it here first.

I think if he's being regularly outqualified by Button, a guy who is a pretty awful qualifier to begin with, he has some serious stuff to think about! I know Mclaren aren't really a team for mid-season replacements but it might help to have Super Pedro or Kobayshi or Heidfeld lined up to score some solid points if he isn't working out, otherwise Mclaren can kiss the WCC goodbye.

Wow, bitter much that your guy's team mate got the top drive?

I guess if Button is an awful qualifier, then Hamilton must be pretty mediocre, since the average gap between them is two tenths. I guess in that scenario, we'd have to consider Kobayashi to be completely useless in quali, since Perez outqualified him more often than not.

Or maybe you're just talking a load of rubbish and they're all very good.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:23 pm 

benmc wrote:
Volantary wrote:
gamer9 wrote:
Volantary wrote:

You heard it here first.

I guess if Button is an awful qualifier, then Hamilton must be pretty mediocre, since the average gap between them is two tenths. I guess in that scenario, we'd have to consider Kobayashi to be completely useless in quali, since Perez outqualified him more often than not.

While I agree Button isnt an awful qualifier, just made to look so by Hamilton who is superb, Kobayashi almost exclusivley outqualified Perez when it counted and the car was competitive , China 4th (Perez 8th ), Belgium 2nd (Perez 5th), Japan 4th (Perez 6th ) and in Spain where Perez was 6th, Kamui didn't have a chance to show he could beat him because his car broke. And overall the ratio between the two was about 10:10 unless I've been watching a different season.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:33 pm 

TakumaSatoforthewin wrote:
benmc wrote:
Volantary wrote:
gamer9 wrote:
Volantary wrote:

You heard it here first.

While I agree Button isnt an awful qualifier, just made to look so by Hamilton who is superb, Kobayashi almost exclusivley outqualified Perez when it counted and the car was competitive , China 4th (Perez 8th ), Belgium 2nd (Perez 5th), Japan 4th (Perez 6th ) and in Spain where Perez was 6th, Kamui didn't have a chance to show he could beat him because his car broke. And overall the ratio between the two was about 10:10 unless I've been watching a different season.

You don't win points on Saturdays though.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:48 pm 

benmc wrote:
Volantary wrote:
gamer9 wrote:
Volantary wrote:

You heard it here first.

I'm very much a Button supporter since his Honda days. The fact that he beat Lewis in 2011 pretty convincingly filled me with joy. But it doesn't erase the fact that Button got 1 pole in their 3 year partnership vs Lewis's 1 million poles. Aside from some races last year when Button could only be beaten by Vettel, his qualifying has been dismal whereas Lewis's has been consistently strong.

I really don't like Lewis at all but credit where it's due, he blows Jenson out of the water when it comes to quali. And again, as a Kobayashi supporter I'll freely admit his quali can be poor compared to Perez, although he does seem to have the odd standout moment. While better than Jenson, I wouldn't count quali as one of his strong points.