planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:57 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:28 am 

Quote:
Red Bull advisor Helmut Marko says Mark Webber will be the number two to Sebastian Vettel in 2013.

Quote:
"Mark knows what we expect of him," Marko told Sport Bild. "For four years, Vettel and Webber have driven together in our team. Sebastian was runner-up once and champion three times. The statistic speaks for itself. There is no reason to think the balance of power will change."

Quote:
However, Webber has previously said he would not take on a supporting role to Vettel in 2013.

Quote:
"I don't go there thinking I've got to be playing a team role as such. I'm there for myself, to get the best results possible and to do that I need to be part of the team. So, no, I'm not going there thinking in a supporting role at all."

http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsport ... CMP=chrome

What do you think? Does Mark actually now agree that he's the second driver (or at very least not considered to be the priority), or is this just another load of crap from the idiot known as Helmut Marko?

Last edited by RickM on Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am 

He doesn't say webber is a No.2 .Just that he expects Vettel to come out on top and from the evidence of the past 4 years , he is pretty much spot on.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:35 am 

Just confirms what we all knew. Nice of them to finally admit it

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:50 am 

I think it's a bit uncalled for to write off the chances of one of your drivers before the season has even got under way. He's basically saying "Webber can't beat Seb, so he should step into line", which to be fair is true in terms of statistics, Webber isn't likely to suddenly start beating Seb with regularity. But still, for Marko to say that so early on is a bit harsh to Mark.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:59 am 

Completely misleading. Marko states that Vettel has been the more successful driver over the past four years and expects that to continue into 2013. He doesn't state that Mark is the team's #2 driver and Vettel is the team's #1 driver.

And Webber doesn't state he's the #2 driver either. He states that quite clearly.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:02 am 

Webber did say he was not thete for a supporting role but we actually don't know what Red Bull are playing at. We have seen that they do favour Vettel with upgrades. If this statement is true then they are just confirming what everyone else thought.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:33 am 

Saying Webber is equal to Vettel in the team, is like saying Massa is equal to Alonso. In their contract they might, but in reality no. Both teams have their fair share of episodes to support that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:37 am 

Has this not been Marko's opinion since 2009?

#14 for '14

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:16 pm 

Toby. wrote:
Completely misleading. Marko states that Vettel has been the more successful driver over the past four years and expects that to continue into 2013. He doesn't state that Mark is the team's #2 driver and Vettel is the team's #1 driver.

And Webber doesn't state he's the #2 driver either. He states that quite clearly.

:thumbup:

End of topic for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:42 pm 

Toby. wrote:

Thank you for having common sense :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:03 pm 

Lt. Drebin wrote:
Toby. wrote:

:thumbup:

End of topic for me.

Me too. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:56 am 

MikeV1987 wrote:
Toby. wrote:

:thumbup: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:00 am 

mcdo wrote:
Has this not been Marko's opinion since 2009?

Marko has been belittling any driver not from his program since he started, hell he even announce DC's retirement before him.

Podiums: 5
2014 Championship Standing: *mumble*

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:53 pm 

I don't like marko but earlier this season he also said that even though Webber was quite far ahead of vettel it would still be vettel fighting for the title in the end... He was proved right, i just think he is brutally honest and completely tactless when it comes to anyone other than vettel. Webber wont lose too much sleep over it im sure he beats himself up enough he strikes me as someone who is too hard on himself and his harshest critic anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:42 pm 

Nothing in his statements indicate Mark is or will be treated as a #2. He just says Sebastian will finish ahead of Mark again, which based on history, you have to say is a logical assumption. Thread title is false.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:32 am 

ferdinand wrote:
MikeV1987 wrote:
Toby. wrote:

:thumbup: :thumbup:

And from that first statement you could even read he's predicting Vettel wins in 2013 and Webber finishes in 2nd.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:29 pm 

If the sensationalists thought this bit was juicy, just wait til you hear the team radio quotes on the official 2012 dvd :lol: Brace yourself, the drama is coming!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:47 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
If the sensationalists thought this bit was juicy, just wait til you hear the team radio quotes on the official 2012 dvd :lol: Brace yourself, the drama is coming!

you talking about Monza and spain.

Read about them earlier. Been waiting on the thread. :lol: :lol:

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:25 pm 

Oh thats right....its ONLY Ferrari that has #1 and #2 drivers...oh wait, they don't either...just one driver who's faster than the other...silly me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:06 pm 

is it me , or do the same threads keep poping up with different titles