planetf1.com

It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:31 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:17 pm
Posts: 203
... not from the FIA, however!

http://thejudge13.com/2013/01/07/the-my ... hartstein/

This article gives slightly more info as to why he may have been sacked. Still shocking that absolutely no explanation has been given about this. Makes the FIA look like they want to hide something. Surely something will come out eventually, just a case of when, and what


Last edited by DWilD on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:49 am
Posts: 2069
Location: Australia
The problem I have with Harstein's position on the matter is that AFAIK so far it is all talk and no action. It's all very well to comment as he is, but so far they are just vague statements without any apparent substance.

If he has genuine concerns for safety in Formula 1 and believes that these are not being addressed and/or there is some sort of cover-up then he should come out and say something directly and not just make insinuations.

If he believes he has been unfairly sacked then he should pursue a wrongful dismissal claim.

_________________
Twitter @Jo_Soucek


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:20 am
Posts: 2706
Location: Herts, UK
kai_ wrote:
The problem I have with Harstein's position on the matter is that AFAIK so far it is all talk and no action. It's all very well to comment as he is, but so far they are just vague statements without any apparent substance.

If he has genuine concerns for safety in Formula 1 and believes that these are not being addressed and/or there is some sort of cover-up then he should come out and say something directly and not just make insinuations.

If he believes he has been unfairly sacked then he should pursue a wrongful dismissal claim.

Agreed. He's been highly unprofessional about it all. I'm not at all surprised the FIA wont comment, he's been treating it like he got expelled from school.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 7860
Location: London
RickM wrote:
kai_ wrote:
The problem I have with Harstein's position on the matter is that AFAIK so far it is all talk and no action. It's all very well to comment as he is, but so far they are just vague statements without any apparent substance.

If he has genuine concerns for safety in Formula 1 and believes that these are not being addressed and/or there is some sort of cover-up then he should come out and say something directly and not just make insinuations.

If he believes he has been unfairly sacked then he should pursue a wrongful dismissal claim.

Agreed. He's been highly unprofessional about it all. I'm not at all surprised the FIA wont comment, he's been treating it like he got expelled from school.

This.

It's clear he's tiddled someone off in the wrong place. If he wants answers he should peruse them privately. The FIA don't have to tell anyone publicly why they chose to replace him. It has nothing to do with us really.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:16 pm
Posts: 77
As I understand it he was on a rolling contract that hasn't been renewed so he wasn't sacked as such, just not re-employed. In situations like that there isn't really any path for the employee to take like claiming wrongful dismissal, so he doesn't really have a leg to stand on in that respect.

As for the reasons behind it, he must have some idea what has cause was, maybe some fall out with Todt as implied in the article. It will come out sooner or later no doubt.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:11 pm
Posts: 3029
Crummy reporting, and doesn't tell us anything new.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 5106
crankcase wrote:
As I understand it he was on a rolling contract that hasn't been renewed so he wasn't sacked as such, just not re-employed. In situations like that there isn't really any path for the employee to take like claiming wrongful dismissal, so he doesn't really have a leg to stand on in that respect.

As for the reasons behind it, he must have some idea what has cause was, maybe some fall out with Todt as implied in the article. It will come out sooner or later no doubt.


Just what I was going to say, His contract has not been renewed he has not been fired and If he was this unprofessional during the course of his work I am not surprised they have decided to look else where.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 5:21 pm
Posts: 3635
crankcase wrote:
As I understand it he was on a rolling contract that hasn't been renewed so he wasn't sacked as such, just not re-employed. In situations like that there isn't really any path for the employee to take like claiming wrongful dismissal, so he doesn't really have a leg to stand on in that respect.

As for the reasons behind it, he must have some idea what has cause was, maybe some fall out with Todt as implied in the article. It will come out sooner or later no doubt.


I think there is something in Employment law (at least in the UK) that if you are employed on rolling contracts for four consecutive years, you are classed as a permanent employee with continuous employment and have the same rights with respect to unfair dismissal as any other permanent employee.

This is to stop companies pretending an employee (oe their post) isn't really permanent by employing them on and off over a number of years.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:20 am
Posts: 2706
Location: Herts, UK
crankcase wrote:
As I understand it he was on a rolling contract that hasn't been renewed so he wasn't sacked as such, just not re-employed. In situations like that there isn't really any path for the employee to take like claiming wrongful dismissal, so he doesn't really have a leg to stand on in that respect.

As for the reasons behind it, he must have some idea what has cause was, maybe some fall out with Todt as implied in the article. It will come out sooner or later no doubt.


It could be anything. Even something as simple as pricing himself out of a contract. If the FIA can employ someone to do the same job at half the cost, they are going to go for that option - anyone would.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 6587
flyboy10 wrote:
I think there is something in Employment law (at least in the UK) that if you are employed on rolling contracts for four consecutive years, you are classed as a permanent employee with continuous employment and have the same rights with respect to unfair dismissal as any other permanent employee.

This is to stop companies pretending an employee (oe their post) isn't really permanent by employing them on and off over a number of years.


I don't think it's anything to do with rolling contracts but things like hours and how many people you actually work for, whether you have to book holidays and stuff like that.


http://www.freelanceadvisor.co.uk/resou ... -a-worker/

I wonder what the French rules are?

The bit that leaves a bad taste for me is this stuff he's threatening to spill the beans on something if he doesn't get what he wants. If the drivers are at risk then to me he should be spilling the beans whether he gets the job back or not. But it seems he would be willing to forget all that if he gets his wishes. :thumbdown: :dead:

_________________
Disclaimer: The above post maybe tongue in cheek.

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:41 pm
Posts: 3108
I'd love to know what the whole story here was.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:09 pm
Posts: 1182
Who cares already?

While at first it was a bit intriguing, the way he has handled himself really made me question if a person with this level of maturity and professionalism (or lack there of) should be in charge of overseeing the safety in such an extremely risky sport.

In 2008 I was found myself in a similar situation and as messed up as it was, never once did the thought enter my mind to take to public media to express my feelings on the situation. I took it as a lesson learned and then proceeded to take as many of his well-paying big money clients as I could. Now he's working for some company making less than what he used to make when he worked under me.

I can't help but think this guy really hurt himself in the way of finding new employment because anyone interviewing or considering him will certainly see his affiliation with Formula 1 and will almost certainly google his name and see how he handled this entire situation. NEXT!!!

_________________
Second place is the first loser!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:40 pm
Posts: 52
IMO the FIA obviously don't need Mr Spanky as the head to look stupid. JT is doing a great job filling boots.....

_________________
All-time top 5 drivers:
Jim Clark
Walter Rohrl
Sir Jack Brabham
El Maestro
Dennis Anderson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 7860
Location: London
HyperSlide wrote:
IMO the FIA obviously don't need Mr Spanky as the head to look stupid. JT is doing a great job filling boots.....

Is that you Gary?

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:17 pm
Posts: 203
Updated. Cleraly, the Doc and FIA had disagreements on where to go in the future

http://thejudge13.com/2013/01/09/hartst ... f-the-fia/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Posts: 7860
Location: London
They didn't renew his contract because they didn't have to. That is the way of the world Gary, sometimes we get replaced by people for reasons we will never know but the FIA did nothing against the rule book in not renewing his contract.

If he tiddled off the wrong person then that is what happens. I did the same thing with my employer just last year. I got sacked as a result. He sounds bitter, he sounds like he has a very high opinion of himself, which as a doctor he has a right to but he does seem to take it further and he isn't going to win his job back but dissing the FIA at every public opportunity. In fact he's making himself rather unemployable.

_________________
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:20 am
Posts: 2706
Location: Herts, UK
The title needs updating really. He wasnt sacked - his contract just wasnt renewed - big difference.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:21 am
Posts: 2179
Corrected.

_________________
AlienTurnedHuman wrote:
("Anonymous") probably thought he was God. At least until he was banned. Which means if he was God, it makes me very scared of PF1-Mod.

Yes, we have a swear filter now. No, it doesn't change coffin to 'place of rest'.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:17 pm
Posts: 203
P-F1 Mod wrote:
Corrected.


fair enough


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AdsBot [Google], Ashberto, cmax, minchy, Paolo_Lasardi, VDV23 and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group