planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:37 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:02 pm 

Haribo wrote:
All 3 races were after he signed at Mercedes. IMo McLaren has some dress code, wich includes certain things of the appearance of the drivers. Ron even fired employees who were not dressed correct, or had a tea mug on their desks.
After Hamilton announced his departure from Merc his appearance has changed & IMo he gave a Sh+t about Rons opinion, or some silly clauses about apperance. If they would fired him because of that it would have made their fight for WCC impossible.
IMo Whitmarsh has the say at those things as he is responsible for the racing team.

There are things outside contracts were a good relationship helps.

Yes all three were after he said he was going. But he was still under contract and still obligated to playby those rules.

Hong Kong was also a handy stop off between all those GPs.

So on one hand you have a knee Jerk reaction where he walked into his favourite tattoo parlour and got a tat to annoy Ron (And Ron is supposed to be the petty one. Now a few things come to my mind. I can't see Lewis getting all his Tats by a run of the mill walk in Tattooist in some back street. I would suggest that this guy is world renowned and with that usually means you can't walk off the street or book a week in advance. For instance Ami James (Miami and NY ink) is 4 months. http://ami-james.com/blog/2012/07/05/ta ... t-feature/

The other hand, Lewis wanted a Tat, knew he would be in the area some months in advanced. Contacted his favourite Tattooist gave him an idea of what he wanted and called in on a stopover between GPs. Given the waiting list that a high end tattooist has I would suggest the tat was planned well before he made his driving decision and not because he couldn't give a fairy cakes about Rons opinion. One that could have legally landed him in bother if such a clause existed.

I know which one I think is more likely ;)

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:08 pm 

Johnston wrote:

Ferrari are supposed to have some tight rules too, like not being allowed to be seen in anything other than a Fiat owned brand. ( the supposed Reason Schui didn't do Star in a reasonably priced car) Now that would be a cool clause to have at Macca . Not allowed to be seen in anything other than a McLaren. MP4-12c please Ron, I need one for the house in England, the one in America, the swiss one and the one in Monaco. :lol: :lol:

Apparently the race in 2003 (Imola?) when the Schumachers dominated when their mother was seriously ill, Bernie Ecclestone was going to personally drive them to the airport so they could go home, except he drove a non Fiat brand, so they rang them and told them to come back and take a Fiat instead.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:08 pm 

Johnston wrote:

Ferrari are supposed to have some tight rules too, like not being allowed to be seen in anything other than a Fiat owned brand. ( the supposed Reason Schui didn't do Star in a reasonably priced car) Now that would be a cool clause to have at Macca . Not allowed to be seen in anything other than a McLaren. MP4-12c please Ron, I need one for the house in England, the one in America, the swiss one and the one in Monaco. :lol: :lol:

Apparently the race in 2003 (Imola?) when the Schumachers dominated when their mother was seriously ill, Bernie Ecclestone was going to personally drive them to the airport so they could go home, except he drove a non Fiat brand, so they rang them and told them to come back and take a Fiat instead.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:53 pm 

Haribo wrote:
flyboy10 wrote:
Just looking at the photoshop of Hamilton made me want to ask, does Mercedes have any of the stringent image rules like the ones that McLaren have regarding haircuts etc? I was wondering if Hamilton would be prevented from appearing with his ear-studs.

No, Brawn already said they don't want to surpress Hamilton at Mercedes.
Lewis got his tatttoos, as soon as his decission was made to leave McLaren, don't think he was allowed to have some at "visible bodyparts" , at McL.
Greater personal freedom is supposed to be one major reason for his change of teams.

Does that mean he can never go back to McLaren now he's got tatts??

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:56 pm 

Saorsa wrote:
Rosberg/Mercedes did this happy holidays clip a couple of weeks ago. Shame Hamilton wasn't involved as it would've been interesting to see who would have lasted the longest.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formul ... video.html

Bulls and personnel courtesy of Schumacher at his new 500 acre Texas ranch! I knew there was some truth to Schumi continuing his involvment with Mercedes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:57 pm 

flyboy10 wrote:
Haribo wrote:
flyboy10 wrote:
Just looking at the photoshop of Hamilton made me want to ask, does Mercedes have any of the stringent image rules like the ones that McLaren have regarding haircuts etc? I was wondering if Hamilton would be prevented from appearing with his ear-studs.

Lewis got his tatttoos, as soon as his decission was made to leave McLaren, don't think he was allowed to have some at "visible bodyparts" , at McL.
Greater personal freedom is supposed to be one major reason for his change of teams.

:lol: :lol:

After all the "One day maybe I'll go home" quotes Lewis discovers that by getting a few tats to put two fingers up to Ron by breaking contract clauses he screwed up any chance of going back.

Didn't really think that one through did he :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:49 pm 

Johnston wrote:
flyboy10 wrote:
Haribo wrote:
flyboy10 wrote:

:lol: :lol:

After all the "One day maybe I'll go home" quotes Lewis discovers that by getting a few tats to put two fingers up to Ron by breaking contract clauses he screwed up any chance of going back.

Didn't really think that one through did he :lol: :lol:

pretty sure i've seen a Mclaren mechanic with tattoos,tattoos are usually accepted as long as it's hidden.....i used to work for a very big firm and we would not deny someone employment because of tattoos even though it's forbidden at work,as long as it's hidden it's usually all good.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:52 pm 

fooshnazzy wrote:
Saorsa wrote:
Rosberg/Mercedes did this happy holidays clip a couple of weeks ago. Shame Hamilton wasn't involved as it would've been interesting to see who would have lasted the longest.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formul ... video.html

Bulls and personnel courtesy of Schumacher at his new 500 acre Texas ranch! I knew there was some truth to Schumi continuing his involvment with Mercedes.

that was horrible :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:52 pm 

Probably not realistic but I'd just love to hear him learning/speaking fluent German. The image I have in my head of him doing an interview in German is bloody hilarious, especially with Vettel looking on in the background.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:59 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
It's more his new helmet design I'm more intrigued to see. Will he change it drastically to distance himself from his McLaren identity? Or just blend it in with the Merc sponsor logos?

I kinda hope he changes it completely. Either him or Rosberg will have to do something, they can't both have yellow bases.

I hope he changes it. I cant see that yellow and red working too well with 'Mint Green' :/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:16 pm 

nike2die4 wrote:
pretty sure i've seen a Mclaren mechanic with tattoos,tattoos are usually accepted as long as it's hidden.....i used to work for a very big firm and we would not deny someone employment because of tattoos even though it's forbidden at work,as long as it's hidden it's usually all good.

I've only known one guy who started getting a bit of grief for a Tat. But then the guy got a big 666 tat on his lower arm and was dealing with the public with the tat in full view. A lot of which were your stereotypical old dears and church going folk.

The best bit we found out after he left. After he got it, it had to be explained to him what the 666 meant :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:25 pm 

RickM wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
It's more his new helmet design I'm more intrigued to see. Will he change it drastically to distance himself from his McLaren identity? Or just blend it in with the Merc sponsor logos?

I kinda hope he changes it completely. Either him or Rosberg will have to do something, they can't both have yellow bases.

I hope he changes it. I cant see that yellow and red working too well with 'Mint Green' :/

Same. Rosberg's looks horribly against the Merc livery IMO.

I'd like to see Lewis use a lid similar to his brother's design if I'm honest. Blue base, yellow, red and green flashes. Won't happen. He might want to distance himself away from his "McLaren identity" totally though so who knows!

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:46 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
RickM wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

Same. Rosberg's looks horribly against the Merc livery IMO.

I'd like to see Lewis use a lid similar to his brother's design if I'm honest. Blue base, yellow, red and green flashes. Won't happen. He might want to distance himself away from his "McLaren identity" totally though so who knows!

He had ayellow helmet before he was at McLaren. it's yellow since karting days.
Yellow red & green are also the colours of the Grenadian flag where his ancestors ( fathers side) came from. IMo he somehow will keep this clours, maybe more green & red less yellow.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:10 pm 

No I know the helmet dates back from his karting days Haribo but in F1 it is synonymous with Hamilton being at McLaren now. He may change it because if that.

Then again everyone thought Schumacher would change his red helmet design totally for Merc since the red was there for Ferrari in the first place and he didn't.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:21 pm 

Found a couple of mockups someone did. Not all that good though TBH. Only changed the sponsors.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:24 pm 

Front on it look hideous. Not as bad side on. The Monster logo is going to ruin it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:49 pm 

Not the first time they've been teammates with yellow-ish helmets

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:54 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
Front on it look hideous. Not as bad side on. The Monster logo is going to ruin it.

Monster logo works fine with Schumi/Nico Red/Yellow. It does not work well with multicoloured. The number of colours when you add in the black is simply too high.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:56 pm 

Covalent wrote:
Not the first time they've been teammates with yellow-ish helmets

See if Nico went back to that design it'd be fine.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:57 pm 

Eva09 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

Monster logo works fine with Schumi/Nico Red/Yellow. It does not work well with multicoloured. The number of colours when you add in the black is simply too high.

I though the Monster logo ruined Schumacher's red design. It was too harsh against all that red.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:02 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
Eva09 wrote:
Laura23 wrote:

I though the Monster logo ruined Schumacher's red design. It was too harsh against all that red.

I didn't notice but I don't usually pay that much attention anyway.

Have you seen the helmets in F1 2012? I think it's Design 19. Coolest. Helmet. Design. Everrrrr.

I also liked Schumi's Spa 300 design, althought it would not work in Ferrari.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:22 pm 

Laura23 wrote:
No I know the helmet dates back from his karting days Haribo but in F1 it is synonymous with Hamilton being at McLaren now. He may change it because if that.

Then again everyone thought Schumacher would change his red helmet design totally for Merc since the red was there for Ferrari in the first place and he didn't.

Hamilton will always be connected to Mclaren, regardless of the helmet colour. I like yellow, red & green combination, he should stick with it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:55 pm 

Check this out guys.

Formula1 2012 Mercedes AMG Season Review SkySportsF1HD 720p

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1AfwsL ... edit?pli=1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:44 pm 

Hamilton should stick with his helmet and move the Monster logo elsewhere.

Rosberg's yellow is lighter and I don't think drivers actually care about whether the casual fan can make out the difference.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:43 pm 

RickM wrote:
Found a couple of mockups someone did. Not all that good though TBH. Only changed the sponsors.

I believe the person who has mocked this up has also changed the make of helmet to whoever makes Rosberg's and Schumacher's helmets. It's a slightly different shape to the Arai one that Lewis used at Macca. I personally prefer the Arai helmets. Bell ones look the worst.

Edit: last year the Merc drivers used Schuberth helmets.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:45 pm 

This is quite interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:13 pm 

Laura23 wrote:

yeah agreed,that monster logo is fairy cakes.