planetf1.com

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:11 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:56 pm 

vettel needs Webber to stay as long as possible with rb.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:01 pm 

Really? I think Vettel and Hulk would be a great pairing. I'd naturally be rooting for Hulkenberg, but Vettel would be undisputed number 1 in the team then surely, not just suspected number 1. Wonder if Ferrari already have their eyes on Hulk though, after they let Perez slip away.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:04 pm 

I think Wibbaz time is coming to an end.. maybe another season after the next?? I personally think they'l be bringing new blood in through there young drivers scheme.. we just have to wait and see i suppose.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:05 pm 

Vettel would most probably batter Hulk on current performances

It ain't hating just 'cause it's not love

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:11 pm 

ashley313's post in 5,4..... ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:43 pm 

That's a big if. Hulkster would still have to raise his own game quite a lot to challenge Vettel and still Vettel would have the advantage because he's been at Red Bull for about a million years already while Hulkster would be in a new team.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:19 pm 

Hulk is not (yet) on level with Vettel. Just my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:25 pm 

Lt. Drebin wrote:

I hope the key word there is "yet", I want the guy to do very well, I've got merchandise signed by him haha.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:34 pm 

jammin78 wrote:
Lt. Drebin wrote:

I hope the key word there is "yet", I want the guy to do very well, I've got merchandise signed by him haha.

I think your hopes are set too high, but here is the comfort:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:42 pm 

Lt. Drebin wrote:
jammin78 wrote:
Lt. Drebin wrote:

I think your hopes are set too high, but here is the comfort:

Awwww work restrictions won't let me see the picture :(
Would you describe it to me beautifully please? Preferably in a Morgan Freeman voice.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:56 pm 
Nico the KERS has failed, I repeat the KERS has failed :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:02 pm 

greenwizard13 wrote:

well... considering this and the fact that kers will be worth much more power from 2014 onwoard - webbo should probably think about the retirement ;P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:55 pm 

I think the whole team is better off with Mark as he's been there forever and is part of the machine. Make no mistake, its the machine that is responsible for the success, not one driver. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, ya know? But I don't think the young Germans would have any trouble on a teammate level. Seb already drives alongside someone as capable of winning each race as he is. I suspect you'd see some first corner contact when they sit on the front row though, as Seb won't be guaranteed to get there first without Mark in the other car ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:41 pm 

jammin78 wrote:
Awwww work restrictions won't let me see the picture :(
Would you describe it to me beautifully please? Preferably in a Morgan Freeman voice.

Maybe this works for you (I suppose they're not blocking Google? :) ):

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:51 pm 

An "IMO" or two wouldn't hurt.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:10 pm 

Hang on! Hulkenberg hasnt won a race yet, he has had an oppurtunity and blown it. Vettel had a chance to win at Monza 08 and took it. You cant count your chickens before they hatch. Being a promising midfielder dosnt mean you are already champion.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:16 pm 

Vettel would trash him completely.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:16 pm 

TakumaSatoforthewin wrote:
Hang on! Hulkenberg hasnt won a race yet, he has had an oppurtunity and blown it. Vettel had a chance to win at Monza 08 and took it. You cant count your chickens before they hatch. Being a promising midfielder dosnt mean you are already champion.

+1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:35 pm 

RaisinChips wrote:
That's a big if. Hulkster would still have to raise his own game quite a lot to challenge Vettel and still Vettel would have the advantage because he's been at Red Bull for about a million years already while Hulkster would be in a new team.

Thats true. Imagine if Ferrari signed Hulk and Vettel for 2014? Both joining a new team hulk would beat vettel.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:36 pm 

egnat69 wrote:
greenwizard13 wrote:

well... considering this and the fact that kers will be worth much more power from 2014 onwoard - webbo should probably think about the retirement ;P

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:20 pm 

.......yes indeed calm down on the hype , and lets see him develop a bit more first

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:26 pm 

When I saw the title of this thread, my first response was...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
8O 8O 8O 8O

Seriously, I don't think Hulk is anywhere near Vettel's league.

:D :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:28 pm 

Hulk needs to prove himself in that Sauber before he can think of going to a top team.

edit: and also lol, i've been seeing a lot of baiting in the thread titles around here lately.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:23 pm 

If Webber was half as bad as some seem to think, he would not keep getting his contract renewed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:54 pm 

Hulk is nowhere near Vettels level just yet. Just compare there second seasons in reasonably similarly competitive cars. Vettel took every chance we had and took a win when it came his way. Hulk blew his chance of a win with two major mistakes and was being out done by his team mate for the first half of the year. Remember as well that 2012 Hulk was a lot more older and experienced than 2008 Vettel. Vettel has improved a huge amount since then.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:18 pm 

diablof1 wrote:
RaisinChips wrote:

Thats true. Imagine if Ferrari signed Hulk and Vettel for 2014? Both joining a new team hulk would beat vettel.

I can't help but laugh when people say things like this with such conviction. What are you basing this on!?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:26 pm 

therdungeon wrote:
diablof1 wrote:
RaisinChips wrote:

I can't help but laugh when people say things like this with such conviction. What are you basing this on!?

I can't help but assume they're just baiting each other.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:50 pm 

If Hulk joins RBR, Vettel probably won't be in trouble. Hulk will just probably become the next webber

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:45 am 

jammin78 wrote:
Really? I think Vettel and Hulk would be a great pairing. I'd naturally be rooting for Hulkenberg, but Vettel would be undisputed number 1 in the team then surely, not just suspected number 1. Wonder if Ferrari already have their eyes on Hulk though, after they let Perez slip away.

I think it's more like McLaren let Hulkenberg (and Hamilton) slip away. You know, fast drivers.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:48 am 

Eva09 wrote:
jammin78 wrote:

I think it's more like McLaren let Hulkenberg (and Hamilton) slip away. You know, fast drivers.

Naaahh, Hulk is good but no better than Perez...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:57 am 

MikeV1987 wrote:
Hulk needs to prove himself in that Sauber before he can think of going to a top team.

edit: and also lol, i've been seeing a lot of baiting in the thread titles around here lately.

:thumbup: on both the points you've raised.

I only noticed Hulk recently, and was impressed with a couple of drives. If he continues in this vein next season it would be nice to see him perform in a v good car in 2014.

Ferrari is out (they've gone way overboard in the no. 1 driver stakes with Alonso - I wouldn't wish being his team mate on anyone), McLaren have already signed Perez as their 'up and coming' driver and Lotus have RoGro as the 'up and coming' driver. That only leaves Red Bull unless something changes at the other top teams.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:04 am 

Eva09 wrote:
jammin78 wrote:

I'm with you on that, I'd of preferred Hulk over Perez. Though that's just my blind bias, I can't for certainty say Perez is a bad choice :P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:31 pm 

Diablo, that's more of a comment than a new topic to be honest, could you elaborate exactly why Vettel would be in trouble? Hulkenberg is no slouch but I just don't see what a triple world champion has to fear from any driver on the grid, especially when he has been at the team for 5 seasons by the time 2014 arrives.

The underlying thing about all this,no matter how bright you are,no matter how logical one is or how much money one has,you have to be a completely stupid optimist...I believe there are about 3 million competition licences worldwide. -Perry McCarthy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:30 pm 

SilverstoneRegular wrote:
Vettel would most probably batter Hulk on current performances

I guess you have not been watching current performances then?

2013: 5th Place

2014: Currently 1st

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:34 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
I think the whole team is better off with Mark as he's been there forever and is part of the machine. Make no mistake, its the machine that is responsible for the success, not one driver. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, ya know? But I don't think the young Germans would have any trouble on a teammate level. Seb already drives alongside someone as capable of winning each race as he is. I suspect you'd see some first corner contact when they sit on the front row though, as Seb won't be guaranteed to get there first without Mark in the other car ;)

Evidence points to Webber as not being as capable of winning each race as Vettel is

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:35 pm 

You could argue that Vettel didn't have a SC so the rest of the field could catch back up to him

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:10 pm 

pokerman wrote:
ashley313 wrote:

Evidence points to Webber as not being as capable of winning each race as Vettel is

I think they go into every round with as much chance as each other. Same with qualifying. One seems to capitalize on those chances more than the other.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:08 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
ashley313 wrote:

I think they go into every round with as much chance as each other. Same with qualifying. One seems to capitalize on those chances more than the other.

Probably because one is better than the other

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:48 pm 

ashley313 wrote:
therdungeon wrote:
diablof1 wrote:
RaisinChips wrote:

I can't help but assume they're just baiting each other.

I can't help but assume that diablo is trying to bait you. 8O Always with the countdown for some reason. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:28 am 

PlanetF1 is so inconsistent with who they love or hate.

For instance Webber was beating Seb for half of 2012 and suddenly he was great again. But now Hulkenberg is no were near Vettel's league, does this mean that Webber is in Seb's league or not? Or is he the worst driver 4eva and eva again.